+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: According to Dez "The Cowboys are unbeatable"

Re: According to Dez "The Cowboys are unbeatable"

[quote user="Sundown"]Dez goes on to say the Cowboys beat themselves to lose their games AND made a comment the NFL is easier than college. Dude goes missing the 2nd half of games yet the NFL is easier? Dude has tons of talent but can't run a good route and bone headed diva to boot, what an idiot! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuYsAPGnIjQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&amp;v=apdVH63oTno[/quote]Dude's on one of my fantasy teams and hasn't produced jack! No one's taught him the fine art of keeping one's mouth shut until they deliver something.</P>
    No one remembers who came in second.

[quote user="Sundown"][quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="GiantWarfare"]

Simply based off of experience. Not too many players instantly play at their ultimate best a couple years into the league.

Most players still have some difficulty grasping the ins and outs of college-to-pros.

Nicks has already surprised a lot of us, but this is not the best Nicks we will see, especially when defenses begin to account for him on a regular basis, it'll only better his game/knowledge.

You're right, his ceiling is obviously lower than Dez because he's already been playing at a high level but what I meant to say is that he's not a finished product by any means.

As for Dez....he has scary potential. But I don't think he'll ever reach it and we all know why.

[/quote]

Yeah, I don't think he's by any means a polished WR yet and he'll learn a few more tricks of the trade and have a better understanding of the playbook, but at the same time he's pretty much maxing out his physical potential already. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying he's tremendously under talented, I think he has a really good skill set and is underrated for sure-- he's top 10, no question, maybe the best WR in our division. He and Miles are close, but nicks has got more potential than Miles. Austin just has been in the league longer and is one of the most crisp route runners in the game. Nicks will get there, but already has better skills.

[/quote]

I think our only disconnect is the "spectacular" factor Nicks is far from flashy when it comes to catches and that is what i love about his game. He won't have a highlight reel like Dez will but his consistancy and game is "clean". I see Nicks having a Reggie Wayne like career, while Dez could have a Megatron like career if he knew what the hell he was doing.[/quote]

I strongly disagree with this. I have no clue how Nicks contorts his body in such ways some times to grab back shoulder, over the top, or stray passes from Eli. Guy makes it look good.

[quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="GiantWarfare"]

Well we all know the mental part is half the game. No matter how physically talented/gifted a player may be, if they lack the stuff between the ears to better themselves then its just "potential" wasted.

BTW I do agree, Dez may have a higher ceiling than Nicks based solely from an athletic standpoint but Nicks also has a ways to go before developing into the final product. Nicks is far from maximizing his potential. Trust me on that.

And lets not act like Nicks is a slouch athletically. Dez had a higher vert by only 2 inches and Nicks has shown to be plenty fast with pads on.

Both are physical. Both are talented. But Nicks has the clear edge until Dez proves me otherwise.

[/quote]

I'm not saying he's a slouch. He's an athletically gifted for sure.

You've seen more giants games than I have... what exactly do you see to lead you to believe that Nicks is going to be so much better? He's already producing at high level. It's not like he makes many mistakes.
    [/quote]
    Sorry Nt, but Nicks is better then Dez. There is a reason why the broncos took Thomas over Dez in the draft 2 years ago. They knew Dez was trouble and lazy. He is just proving it now. but still Nicks is better then dez and when their careers are all over Nicks will top dez in just about every category. While Nicks still hasnt reached his ceiling. Wait another 2 years and you got Nicks who will be in contention for top 5 Wr in the league. Cant say the same for dez.
    P.S. - You sig is way to funny

[quote user="cowboysblow"]This whole concept of "you didn't beat us, we beat ourselves" is such non-sense. Really any time ANY team loses a close game, they can say that. If you're a good enough team to be competitive, and not get blown out often, then this league is going to give you ample opportunity to "beat yourself" in the sense that your games are going to come down to executing in crunch-time, on particular plays, and on particular drives. Good teams DON'T beat themselves in those spots on a regular basis. Mediocre teams find ways, and are left complaining that they "beat themselves" when in fact, the other team executed when it mattered and you didn't. In other words, YOU WERE BEATEN.[/quote]So he's calling out his whole team by saying they beat themselves-1st the defense,as I coach my pop warner team I "preach"to my boys If we score-we might win...if they don't score we can't lose!Offensively-he is implying RHomo just can't get it done in clutch situations-unlike Eli.

[quote user="NYfanatic"][quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="GiantWarfare"]

Well we all know the mental part is half the game. No matter how physically talented/gifted a player may be, if they lack the stuff between the ears to better themselves then its just "potential" wasted.

BTW I do agree, Dez may have a higher ceiling than Nicks based solely from an athletic standpoint but Nicks also has a ways to go before developing into the final product. Nicks is far from maximizing his potential. Trust me on that.

And lets not act like Nicks is a slouch athletically. Dez had a higher vert by only 2 inches and Nicks has shown to be plenty fast with pads on.

Both are physical. Both are talented. But Nicks has the clear edge until Dez proves me otherwise.

[/quote]

I'm not saying he's a slouch. He's an athletically gifted for sure.

You've seen more giants games than I have... what exactly do you see to lead you to believe that Nicks is going to be so much better? He's already producing at high level. It's not like he makes many mistakes.
    [/quote]
    Sorry Nt, but Nicks is better then Dez. There is a reason why the broncos took Thomas over Dez in the draft 2 years ago. They knew Dez was trouble and lazy. He is just proving it now. but still Nicks is better then dez and when their careers are all over Nicks will top dez in just about every category. While Nicks still hasnt reached his ceiling. Wait another 2 years and you got Nicks who will be in contention for top 5 Wr in the league. Cant say the same for dez.
    P.S. - You sig is way to funny
    [/quote]

Never said Nicks wasn't better. Right now he is and he'll probably always be if Bryant doesn't get his head out of his *** (although I'm being a bit hard on him). He's picked up the playbook a lot quicker and had more production. However through their first 16 games of their careers, the stats are very comparable.

Nicks: 53 REC 903 yards 10 TDs
    Bryant: 59 REC 810 yards 9 TDs

Not a huge discrepancy but Nicks leads.

I'm not making excuses for argument sake, but for my own. When trying to project how Bryant's career will pan out, I have to take into consideration he's yet to have a full offseason and he's been disrupted a lot by injuries. Optimism from my side tells me to give it a few more years. However he should have already picked up the playbook better and he's injury prone (luckily for us all injuries have been from punt or kick returns).

[quote user="~MOJORISIN~"][quote user="cowboysblow"]This whole concept of "you didn't beat us, we beat ourselves" is such non-sense. Really any time ANY team loses a close game, they can say that. If you're a good enough team to be competitive, and not get blown out often, then this league is going to give you ample opportunity to "beat yourself" in the sense that your games are going to come down to executing in crunch-time, on particular plays, and on particular drives. Good teams DON'T beat themselves in those spots on a regular basis. Mediocre teams find ways, and are left complaining that they "beat themselves" when in fact, the other team executed when it mattered and you didn't. In other words, YOU WERE BEATEN.[/quote]So he's calling out his whole team by saying they beat themselves-1st the defense,as I coach my pop warner team I "preach"to my boys If we score-we might win...if they don't score we can't lose!Offensively-he is implying RHomo just can't get it done in clutch situations-unlike Eli.[/quote]

Right, essentially he is calling out his team, but that's not really the vibe I get from his comments. The vibe I get is "these others teams didn't really deserve to beat us. We're better than them." Maybe I'm just sensitive to it because I detest that team, and I've been hearing that crap from Cowboy FANS for years now. No one ever beats them, they beat themselves. Well for a team that never gets legitimately "beaten", they've sure managed to accomplish a whole lot of nothing since Romo came on board.

[quote user="cowboysblow"][quote user="~MOJORISIN~"][quote user="cowboysblow"]This whole concept of "you didn't beat us, we beat ourselves" is such non-sense. Really any time ANY team loses a close game, they can say that. If you're a good enough team to be competitive, and not get blown out often, then this league is going to give you ample opportunity to "beat yourself" in the sense that your games are going to come down to executing in crunch-time, on particular plays, and on particular drives. Good teams DON'T beat themselves in those spots on a regular basis. Mediocre teams find ways, and are left complaining that they "beat themselves" when in fact, the other team executed when it mattered and you didn't. In other words, YOU WERE BEATEN.[/quote]So he's calling out his whole team by saying they beat themselves-1st the defense,as I coach my pop warner team I "preach"to my boys If we score-we might win...if they don't score we can't lose!Offensively-he is implying RHomo just can't get it done in clutch situations-unlike Eli.[/quote]

Right, essentially he is calling out his team, but that's not really the vibe I get from his comments. The vibe I get is "these others teams didn't really deserve to beat us. We're better than them." Maybe I'm just sensitive to it because I detest that team, and I've been hearing that crap from Cowboy FANS for years now. No one ever beats them, they beat themselves. Well for a team that never gets legitimately "beaten", they've sure managed to accomplish a whole lot of nothing since Romo came on board.[/quote]

To be fair, outside of the Pats game, can you really disagree? Turnovers late in games allowed the Jets to get back in it, and the same story goes with the Lions game. Up 27-3 in the 3rd, we're throwing out passes in our own redzone. We shot ourselves in the foot quite a bit. Give credit to the Jets and Lions, but no way do either of those teams come out with a W if we play smarter football.

This is the reason for their demise...the arrogance and overconfidense is the cowballs achilles heal...it does'nt matter who the players are or the uniform they put on, if you don't play well as a team and have a little luck, you will not reach your ultimate goal...

[quote user="blueomaha"]This is the reason for their demise...the arrogance and overconfidense is the cowballs achilles heal...it does'nt matter who the players are or the uniform they put on, if you don't play well as a team and have a little luck, you will not reach your ultimate goal...[/quote]

I don't think arrogance has been a factor this year. Last year it was. 2008 it was. Years when nothing is expected of us is when we do well, so to a certain degree you're right. Might've come from Wade Phillips territory, but we'll see what we do with expectations the next time (which if history continues its trend, we'll be preseason SB favorites for 2012).

[quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="cowboysblow"][quote user="~MOJORISIN~"][quote user="cowboysblow"]This whole concept of "you didn't beat us, we beat ourselves" is such non-sense. Really any time ANY team loses a close game, they can say that. If you're a good enough team to be competitive, and not get blown out often, then this league is going to give you ample opportunity to "beat yourself" in the sense that your games are going to come down to executing in crunch-time, on particular plays, and on particular drives. Good teams DON'T beat themselves in those spots on a regular basis. Mediocre teams find ways, and are left complaining that they "beat themselves" when in fact, the other team executed when it mattered and you didn't. In other words, YOU WERE BEATEN.[/quote]So he's calling out his whole team by saying they beat themselves-1st the defense,as I coach my pop warner team I "preach"to my boys If we score-we might win...if they don't score we can't lose!Offensively-he is implying RHomo just can't get it done in clutch situations-unlike Eli.[/quote]

Right, essentially he is calling out his team, but that's not really the vibe I get from his comments. The vibe I get is "these others teams didn't really deserve to beat us. We're better than them." Maybe I'm just sensitive to it because I detest that team, and I've been hearing that crap from Cowboy FANS for years now. No one ever beats them, they beat themselves. Well for a team that never gets legitimately "beaten", they've sure managed to accomplish a whole lot of nothing since Romo came on board.[/quote]

To be fair, outside of the Pats game, can you really disagree? Turnovers late in games allowed the Jets to get back in it, and the same story goes with the Lions game. Up 27-3 in the 3rd, we're throwing out passes in our own redzone. We shot ourselves in the foot quite a bit. Give credit to the Jets and Lions, but no way do either of those teams come out with a W if we play smarter football.
    [/quote]

The point is not so much that I 'disagree' per se, I guess I'm just tired of hearing it. I think I'd feel that way if I were a Cowboy fan as well. There are many teams throughout the league that can say that. That can say "we would have won this game if it wasn't for bad play calling, or this missed FG, or that bad decision by Romo.
    I guess I'm from the "you are what your record says you are" school of thought. And this whole "we're better than our record" and "we beat ourselves as opposed to getting beaten"... hearing that stuff from (and about) the Cowboys? You can count on it on an annual basis, sure as the leaves will turn colors as fall from the trees.

+ Reply to Thread