+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: According to Dez "The Cowboys are unbeatable"

Re: According to Dez "The Cowboys are unbeatable"

[quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="cowboysblow"][quote user="~MOJORISIN~"][quote user="cowboysblow"]This whole concept of "you didn't beat us, we beat ourselves" is such non-sense. Really any time ANY team loses a close game, they can say that. If you're a good enough team to be competitive, and not get blown out often, then this league is going to give you ample opportunity to "beat yourself" in the sense that your games are going to come down to executing in crunch-time, on particular plays, and on particular drives. Good teams DON'T beat themselves in those spots on a regular basis. Mediocre teams find ways, and are left complaining that they "beat themselves" when in fact, the other team executed when it mattered and you didn't. In other words, YOU WERE BEATEN.[/quote]So he's calling out his whole team by saying they beat themselves-1st the defense,as I coach my pop warner team I "preach"to my boys If we score-we might win...if they don't score we can't lose!Offensively-he is implying RHomo just can't get it done in clutch situations-unlike Eli.[/quote]

Right, essentially he is calling out his team, but that's not really the vibe I get from his comments. The vibe I get is "these others teams didn't really deserve to beat us. We're better than them." Maybe I'm just sensitive to it because I detest that team, and I've been hearing that crap from Cowboy FANS for years now. No one ever beats them, they beat themselves. Well for a team that never gets legitimately "beaten", they've sure managed to accomplish a whole lot of nothing since Romo came on board.[/quote]

To be fair, outside of the Pats game, can you really disagree? Turnovers late in games allowed the Jets to get back in it, and the same story goes with the Lions game. Up 27-3 in the 3rd, we're throwing out passes in our own redzone. We shot ourselves in the foot quite a bit. Give credit to the Jets and Lions, but no way do either of those teams come out with a W if we play smarter football.
    [/quote]

Agreed. But the old cliche that the other team gets paid applies here as well.

It's not like the Cowboys could unilaterally decide to win the game or not. The other team makes plays too.

That said, I agree the Cowboys played a big role in those losses. And given how tight the NFC East is, I'm sure they wish they could have those games back.

Then again every team can say that. Just ask the Giants about the Seattle game....

Dez Bryants initials are DB.

...and he is.

[quote user="SIMMS5611"]Dez Bryants initials are DB.

...and he is.[/quote]

defensive back?

I kid.....I kid...

Playing creampuffs like the Rams they are. Next week the Cowbillies turn back into a pumpkin at Philly and a week later vs. the Bills into pumpkin pie.
    Good teams win games, Great teams cover the spread!

Veteran

i wonder what "dez" has to say now that they got destroyed by the iggles..

unbeatable.. lol..

[quote user="Spytheweb"]Playing creampuffs like the Rams they are. <font size="4"><u>Next week the Cowbillies turn back into a pumpkin at Philly</u></font> and a week later vs. the Bills into pumpkin pie.
    [/quote]

good call! lol

[quote user="rEaS"]i wonder what "dez" has to say now that they got destroyed by the iggles..

unbeatable.. lol..
    [/quote]

I forgot about this thread LOL!!!!

Cut his tongue out and glue his head on straight and he will tear the league apart.

He's his own worst enemy.

Did DB even play? They Eagles shut all of them down and as a team they had the ball for barely 18 minutes or something. Now we have a race and it does not bode well for us or the Cowboys,...Reid is scary good at this time of the year and that is just a fact.

[quote user="syrup1964"]Did DB even play? They Eagles shut all of them down and as a team they had the ball for barely 18 minutes or something. Now we have a race and it does not bode well for us or the Cowboys,...Reid is scary good at this time of the year and that is just a fact.
    [/quote]

Actually he's great after a bye week.

Or we can go with what you said assuming you meant that his scary goodness ends abruptly when the playoffs start.

+ Reply to Thread