+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: According to Dez "The Cowboys are unbeatable"

Re: According to Dez "The Cowboys are unbeatable"

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="G-Men Surg."]Jean-Jacques Taylor
    @jacquestaylor
    Dallas Cowboys' December demons are back - ESPN Dallas es.pn/t9Vxpy
    12 Dec via web

This team can only blame itself. It's too easy to say the Cowboys choked, because it implies they couldn't handle the pressure of holding a fourth-quarter lead against the Giants.

That's not what happened.

The Cowboys gave this one away. That's right, they gift-wrapped it and handed it over to the loudmouths from New York with a series of dumb mistakes and mind-numbing plays that gave the Giants no choice but to win the game.

Yep, this team and their mediatic press are full of it. Overrated and of course always excusing themselves of years and years of failure.
    Loudmouths ???? LMAO ! Priceless !!!![/quote]

true

they handed our offense 37 points and eli 400 yards

[/quote]

The only thing that got handed here was their butts to themselves. You got beat , plain and simple, move on , no excuses.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

[quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="G-Men Surg."]Jean-Jacques Taylor
    @jacquestaylor
    12 Dec via web

This team can only blame itself. It's too easy to say the Cowboys choked, because it implies they couldn't handle the pressure of holding a fourth-quarter lead against the Giants.

The Cowboys gave this one away. That's right, they gift-wrapped it and handed it over to the loudmouths from New York with a series of dumb mistakes and mind-numbing plays that gave the Giants no choice but to win the game.

Yep, this team and their mediatic press are full of it. Overrated and of course always excusing themselves of years and years of failure.

I disagree here. Other than the McBriar shanked punt, nothing was given to the Giants. Our defense hasn't come through in the clutch a lot this year. Seemed par for the course if you ask me.

Yes the Cowboys had a chance to ice the game and win it, but they didn't. That doesn't mean they gave it away.

JJT is the same idiot who said the Cowboys are in a rebuilding year yet ignored the fact that the Eagles made almost all the same 'rebuilding moves' and more, yet gave them a pass.

The Giants won this game. End of story.[/quote]
    One thing is for sure this is setting up a great rematch in New year's day. Bearing a mealtdown by either one my gut feeling is
    that all will be settled in week 17 !
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

[quote user="G-Men Surg."][quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="G-Men Surg."]Jean-Jacques Taylor
    @jacquestaylor
    12 Dec via web

I disagree here. Other than the McBriar shanked punt, nothing was given to the Giants. Our defense hasn't come through in the clutch a lot this year. Seemed par for the course if you ask me.

Yes the Cowboys had a chance to ice the game and win it, but they didn't. That doesn't mean they gave it away.

JJT is the same idiot who said the Cowboys are in a rebuilding year yet ignored the fact that the Eagles made almost all the same 'rebuilding moves' and more, yet gave them a pass.

The Giants won this game. End of story.[/quote]
    One thing is for sure this is setting up a great rematch in New year's day. Bearing a mealtdown by either one my gut feeling is
    that all will be settled in week 17 ![/quote]

If we lose to PHI it's over (unless you guys also lose to the Redskins).

But yes. I think it will come down to week 17.

[quote user="Drez"]

[quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="G-Men Surg."]Jean-Jacques Taylor @jacquestaylor Dallas Cowboys' December demons are back - ESPN Dallas es.pn/t9Vxpy 12 Dec via web This team can only blame itself. It's too easy to say the Cowboys choked, because it implies they couldn't handle the pressure of holding a fourth-quarter lead against the Giants. That's not what happened. The Cowboys gave this one away. That's right, they gift-wrapped it and handed it over to the loudmouths from New York with a series of dumb mistakes and mind-numbing plays that gave the Giants no choice but to win the game. Yep, this team and their mediatic press are full of it. Overrated and of course always excusing themselves of years and years of failure. Loudmouths ???? LMAO ! Priceless !!!![/quote] I disagree here. Other than the McBriar shanked punt, nothing was given to the Giants. Our defense hasn't come through in the clutch a lot this year. Seemed par for the course if you ask me. Yes the Cowboys had a chance to ice the game and win it, but they didn't. That doesn't mean they gave it away. JJT is the same idiot who said the Cowboys are in a rebuilding year yet ignored the fact that the Eagles made almost all the same 'rebuilding moves' and more, yet gave them a pass. The Giants won this game. End of story.[/quote]

I have to say, though, that's the way games should be played. Back and forth right to the end.
    [/quote] Might just be me since I watch the Cowboys frequently (9 of our 13 games have featured last minute game winning drives), but it seems like that's happening a ton more nowadays than it did in the past.[/quote]</p>

Interesting stat I heard on Mike and Mike this morning. In Garret's 9 losses as HC, you guys have had the lead at some point in the 4th in 8 of them.</p>[/quote]

It's baffling. Absolutely baffling. And not only that, it's a pain in the ***. Only three games this year have I felt 'comfortable' in the 4th quarter, and one of those was the blowout loss to Philly.

It's always something with the Cowboys. And it can't be pinpointed. The best thing I can say about the Cowboys are that they are an average team that's going to have close games and lose half of them. 15 of the 21 games Garrett has coached have been decided by less than 4 points or went to overtime.

If it's not Romo making a mistake, it's Garrett mismanaging, or the biggest reason-- the failing defense. And usually it's just one of those things and not a combined failing effort. Rarely will you get a complete and total effort.

And the team doesn't get a lot of lucky breaks either. This year we have had 3 OT games and haven't won a coin toss yet.

It's enough to kill the morale of the team. It's shocking that they still go out and compete.

+ Reply to Thread