+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

49ers Defense Had 5 Turnovers & Still Gave Up 32 Points

Just realized this..interesting

All-Pro

Re: 49ers Defense Had 5 Turnovers & Still Gave Up 32 Points

They still have a very good defense.

I like to look at the 1st time these teams met. The Giants had almost 400 yards of offense. I thought it was a mistake to throw the ball to Cruz after he just dropped one. They ran the same exact play after he had a drop and the defense wasn't fooled. That was one of the interceptions. The second came on a miscommunication and no so much a great defensive play. Then if course there was the on side kick. They like to use those trick plays.

If the Giants can move the ball the way they did the 1st time try played, cut out the turn overs, and not fall for any trick play they can win this game.

Veteran

I'll never understand why they would run that same exact play twice.

Bench Player

5 turnovers and still had to win on a last second drive?
    The means their offense can't get it done, and thats against the Saints D which sucks ***. I feel pretty good about our chances against the 49ers, whom I respect, but they are not a well balanced team. If we don't give them turnovers I dont see why we can't run away with it.

The question for us becomes, can we stop the run. Gore didn't run on us, but they other back was looking like Barry Sanders on us. We stop the run, or at least manage the run, and we'll be fine.

All-Pro

[quote user="Pakman"]I'll never understand why they would run that same exact play twice.[/quote]

That is how KillDrive was before 4 weeks ago... Thankfully he is now ThrillDrive and hopefully keeps it that way.

[quote user="Pakman"]Just realized this..interesting[/quote]

hey pakman, check ur pm
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

All-Pro

Another thing to remember is they have Bradshaw back.

Bench Player

the saints, when playing their best, are the best offense in the league.

[quote user="TuckYou"]

[quote user="Pakman"]I'll never understand why they would run that same exact play twice.[/quote]

That is how KillDrive was before 4 weeks ago... Thankfully he is now ThrillDrive and hopefully keeps it that way.

[/quote]

You guys need to be fair. A LOT of GOOD OC's do this. When we had a good OL we would run the ball to the right, and if it was effective, we would turn around and run the same play to the left. No one complained about our running game a few years ago. Why? Because the players executed. KG is not perfect, but IMO he prepares his players well, stays consistent with at least attempting to keep a pass/run balance (as much as he can with our piss poor run blocking this year). Don't underestimate how important the balance is. That's one reason why in 07 & 11 we were able to stifle the GB offense, McCarthy gives up on the run way too quickly.

All we can really ask of a good coach is to have the players prepared well, and have a game plan that accentuates their talents, and masks their short comings. Beyond that it is 100% on the player to execute.

[quote user="Pakman"]Just realized this..interesting[/quote]

the Sainst game doesnt matter....

The Niners lead the league in take aways and lead the league in NOT giving it up.

They won the game........

The Packers played like **** at times......so thats the Giants excuse for winning...

it all comes down to Sunday...

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch