+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My outlook on the Giants remaing games & what needs to be done. They win them all (i never pick against NYG) and I will tell you how to do so

To win all these games first and foremost they need to stay healthy, play as a team (unit), EXECUTE, and reduce mental lapses with a good dose of running the ball (does not always have to be the emphasis)

Week 08

Miami Dolphins

Great game for the Giants to have coming off their bye week. If need be they can get some guys even healthier, or ease them back into the game. It will also give the team a chance to get some of the rust off if they have accumulated any. It will also be another chance for the offensive line to get a better cohesion with one another.

The did a solid job vs the Bills, but they were not a scary front to go against, unlike some coming up in the remainder of the schedule. For example the Pats are 8th vs the run, the 49ers are 2nd vs the run and the Cowboys who we still face twice are 1st and even GB is 9th against the run. We have been able to run vs some tough opponents in the past like the Ravens. Yet it is a different line, and we may still face issues in some of those games.

Should be a win by at least 2 scores. If the Giants win by a FG that would worry me. Do not forget we could have easily been 6-0. The two games I thought we wont lose, we did. Yet the ones I felt we could, we won. Go figure.

Week 09

@ New England Patriots

Tough game here. Yet we have the blue print on beating them. We need to pressure their QB. Hopefully all our guys are finally healthy, and have knocked some of the rust off.

This might be more of a passing game, since their defense is ranked 32 against the pass(dead last), and just over 100 yards for the run which ranked 8th overall. But if we can add some ball control in key situations we can come away with a win.

Key here is for our defense to make some plays (takeaways), especially Welker. We need to bump him off the line and play a safety like KP and Webb on him. I feel the offense can keep up with their offense. And like the SB it can be the last QB with about a Minute left who will win the game for their team.

Week 10

@ San Francisco 49ers

The only loss they had was @ vs the cowboys by 3 pts, so we see it can be done. What makes it tougher for us is that we have to head to the west coast after just playing a tough game vs Pats at their place. Smith only has two real targets, and they are Davis and Crabtree. We need to get the hits on smith. Give our run game a go at it, but let Eli do his thing if need be.

They beat the Bengals who are 4-2, spanked TB @ home a week ago, and beat the Eagles as well @ the link. So they have faced some good/solid opponents. Yet we do have the front line, and a QB that can make it happen if need be under pressure.

When we first saw this game on the schedule, we thought it be an easy W. Apparently we were wrong, and its going to be a tough game.

Week 11

Philadelphia Eagles

We get to play them at home. The Crowd can be an xfactor especially when we are on defense. We need to use the same game plan as we did before but with a few more wrinkles and a healthier set of players on the field which will help.

We need to obviously keep an eye on McCoy because he is impressive and is similar to westbrook (unfortunately). Pressure vick, and if we need to move him out of the pocket make sure it is to the right since he is bad when moved to that side.

This is another game we have to emphasis the run as the eagles are in the bottom 3rd in run defense. With the previous games, our offensive line should have had a good bit of chance to run on some top run defenses, and hopefully that will start helping them in these games and the future ones.

Week 12

@ New Orleans Saints

The saints at home will also be a tough fight. The good thing is, they are in the middle of the pack vs the run/pass. So long as we can execute we should be able to do both fairly respectfully. If we can do that I believe that would be a huge notch for our team. If need be we would be able to keep brees off the field if we have the ball before half time and the final minutes.

We know what we get with brees. Releases the ball fairly quickly, so the 2ndry must not have mental mistakes and make sure they tackle on the first attempt and not let those wrs run free.

Our defensive front again will be a huge part of the game. Like against the Pats. We will need them to get pressure with our front 4 and disrupt Brees as much as they can. If our defense can get a couple turnovers we are in great shape.

Week 13

Green Bay Packers

This will be a game of keep the ball away from the Packs offense. There run defense is 9 as previously stated, so it will be on the Run game and the line to make sure we can get a decent run game going to help keep Rodgers off the field. If not it will be up to Eli to match up with Rodgers for Tds as we saw what the Vikes did this past week.

Again it will be a nice boost if the Giants front line can make Rodgers feel uncomfortable and if possible get our team a turnover or two. They have only faced one defensive team and that was Chicago. Yet we know if the team has a bad offense it doesn't matter what the defense does, as eventually a top tier offensive team/qb will get that one or two plays the need to win. As we saw how the boys defense played a great game, but at the end because the offense couldnt get it done, Brady and company did get it done.

Week 14

@ Dallas Cowboys

Tough game away again. They are 1st vs the run. So if our run game does not get it going or at least keeps it respectable, it will be all on the passing game, and our defense. As we know these games can easily go either way.

We need to pressure Romo. Make sure our guys are aware of possible opportunities on defense, and when they present themselves to make a play. These games at there place have generally been tough/close games. We also have to be aggressive vs their wrs. We cannot give them free reign on the field, or it can become a nightmare, unless our line gets to romo first.

Week 15

Washington Redskins

Very upset with our first loss. We need to be a balance team here, and with all of there problems, from the QBs, wrs, rbs now. It should be a win this time around, especially with a healthy tuck back.

Week 16

@ New York Jets

Its our home game. I believe the Giants from top to bottom, are tired of hearing baby brother cry. Its time to give them a reason to cry. While our coaching staff can make us scratch our heads, we know more then not they make the opponents scratch their heads.

Our offense needs to be balance. Their defense is not as it once was, even though its not a cake walk either when you have Revis back there. I do feel Sanchaz can easily be dealt with, if we have solid offensive line play. It will come down to the qbs. Will our qb make more plays? Or will Mark who has had been struggling to say it nicely vs tougher defenses that he has faced.

Week 17

Dallas Cowboys

Now we may be facing the Cowboys for it all. Whether its to win the NFC East, or to get a wild card berth, similar to what happened vs the eagles last year.

The good thing is we are playing at home, and the weather will more then likely be a factor. So our run defense better be ready and secured this game, as well our our run offense. It might easily come down to those two stats. Rushing yards for and against.

This will be a great game for many reasons. It can be the game that will determine our playoff fate, and seal the deal for the rest of the east. While giving us a chance to really make home field advantage what it suppose to be. Hopefully when it comes down to it the fans will show up as will our Giants team.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I almost always see us splitting with the division rivals. Except I felt this year we would sweep the Skins and split with the rest. Now I see us splitting with the skins, cowboys, and sweeping the eagles, since we have the right formula vs Vick and company.

All the above games will be tough for us. Yet we have the make up of the right TEAM, with guys getting back healthy (and hopefully staying that way).

While we have some great teams as opponents, they all have their weaknesses as do the Giants. If we show up, play as a team, improve each week, and execute we have a very good chance to win any of those games.

Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Re: My outlook on the Giants remaing games & what needs to be done. They win them all (i never pick against NYG) and I will tell you how to do so

Bump for anyone that might be interested.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Re: My outlook on the Giants remaing games & what needs to be done. They win them all (i never pick against NYG) and I will tell you how to do so

Excellent thoughts. I agree that if we play to our strenghs and play together there is no reason we can not win any of those games.

Thanks a lot, this is a great article with good insight.

It's very possible that last cowboys game might be equivalent from the 1994 game in terms of what's at stake

[quote user="BigBlue wins"]Thanks a lot, this is a great article with good insight.

It's very possible that last cowboys game might be equivalent from the 1994 game in terms of what's at stake
    [/quote]Was not an article. I wrote it up the other day. But thanks for the nice words.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

I was thinking the same thing. That would be something. Difference this time is we know Tony Romo is no Troy Aikman and Felix Jones is not Emmitt Smith

Why go past this week? If Tom Brady gets hurt this week, that certainly changes the outlook of the Patriots -Giants game, doesn't it? You never know what's going to happen. Teams you think are great now, might not be so great the week we face them. Teams you think suck now, might get their act together by the time we play them.

Go Giants, beat Miami!
    Do not feed the trolls.

[quote user="Mercury"]Why go past this week?* If Tom Brady gets hurt this week, that certainly changes the outlook of the Patriots -Giants game, doesn't it?* You never know what's going to happen.* Teams you think are great now, might not be so great the week we face them.* Teams you think suck now, might get their act together by the time we play them.*

Go Giants, beat Miami!
    [/quote]Just to see if what i as thinking was on par to the team they face in the future would be about the same at the end of those games as long as no major players are affected before game time, as you mentioned. Just a barometer in a sense.

Also makes it interesting to see if your predictions are anything close to reality weeks before the game as oppose to the day before when you can kind of gauge by then how both teams are going to p;ay.

Finally many of the beat writers/analysts did it during the bye. So I figured i would join in on the fun.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Banned

[quote user="DragonSoul"][quote user="BigBlue wins"]Thanks a lot, this is a great article with good insight.

[/quote]Was not an article. I wrote it up the other day. But thanks for the nice words.
    [/quote]Good job.

ty, its appreciated
    Peace,
    DragonSoul