+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New York Giants "ALL IN" Graphic

Hey Fans,

Just posted our new "ALL IN" graphic on our Official Facebook Page HERE! We are asking those who are on FB to share the photo to all your friends!

Thanks!

Veteran

Re: New York Giants "ALL IN" Graphic

I would use it, except my facebook pic has been the Empire State Building lit up in all blue and has been since just before Atlanta. I aint jinxing it!

yeah. i ain't touching anything. i haven't even shaved since the last Dallas game.

Gonna miss the big guy. rofl.

I have a Giants helmet that I put above my brothers TV during the Jets game and well needless to say it aint moving!!!
    I want to see Eli in a new system before I throw in the towel in him. He is smart and will adjust.

Not to offend anyone that created this but shouldn't it read, "NYG ARE ALL IN" ?

[quote user="BigBlue D"]Not to offend anyone that created this but shouldn't it read, "NYG ARE ALL IN" ?
    [/quote]

Actually, one can refer to a team in the singular. Even though it sounds awkward, it isn't incorrect.

[quote user="NYGModerator"]Hey Fans,

Just posted our new "ALL IN" graphic on our Official Facebook Page HERE! We are asking those who are on FB to share the photo to all your friends!

Thanks![/quote]

Thanks. It's now my profile pic.

All In!

[quote user="Drez"]

[quote user="BigBlue D"]Not to offend anyone that created this but shouldn't it read, "NYG ARE ALL IN" ?
    [/quote]

Actually, one can refer to a team in the singular. Even though it sounds awkward, it isn't incorrect.

[/quote]

New York Giant is all in.

Really? Use the team in the singular, give an example.

Show class, be a Giants fan.

[quote user="NYG216"][quote user="Drez"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

New York Giants is all in.

It all depends on if you view the team as a single entity or as a collection of indivduals. Like I said, it sounds awkward, as most of the time we refer to teams in plural, but that doesn't make it grammatically incorrect.

It's no different than saying, "I hope Congress is seriously considering voting down SOPA." (Sorry for the political reference, but it was one of the easier comparisons I could make). Congress is made up of hundreds of people, yet you refer to in the singular.

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="NYG216"][quote user="Drez"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

New York Giants is all in.

It all depends on if you view the team as a single entity or as a collection of indivduals. Like I said, it sounds awkward, as most of the time we refer to teams in plural, but that doesn't make it grammatically incorrect.

It's no different than saying, "I hope Congress is seriously considering voting down SOPA." (Sorry for the political reference, but it was one of the easier comparisons I could make). Congress is made up of hundreds of people, yet you refer to in the singular.

[/quote]

I'm not an English major, but the big difference I would say is the "s" on the end of Giants. It's not "I hope Congresses is". Since it is NY Giants and not NY Giant, I would say that it can not be taken as a single entity.

Show class, be a Giants fan.