+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Statistical Evidence the Refs Have It In For Blue

I know it's been beaten to death......I've read all the posts about the refs bogus calls.....non-calls.....etc. and agree that it "seems" like they've been somewhat bias with their calls against the Giants but I thought I'm not gonna comment because what hard facts are there then I came across this stat in a John Clayton article:

There have only been 7 holding penalties in ALL 8 PLAYOFF GAMESCOMBINED so far.......5 have been against the Giants.....so to recap 7 total holding penalties in the entire league over the course of two playoffweeks and 5 have been against the Giants........disgusts me........meanwhile jerseyswere getting torn off the Giants D-Line last week and no flags hit the field...

Now sprinkle in the terrible spots, bs late hits and pity calls for the other team.......frickin frustrating.

Re: Statistical Evidence the Refs Have It In For Blue

wow, what an awful stat. Hopefully Guns calls a good came this weekend

All-Pro

Yeah, well did you see that Snee hold! It was ridiculous! He almost ripped the DLinemans arm off!

I keep saying it over and over, every call that was very close goes against us. And calls that aren't even close go against us. Vegas is in the house.

[quote user="BlueJayC"]

I know it's been beaten to death......I've read all the posts about the refs bogus calls.....non-calls.....etc. and agree that it "seems" like they've been somewhat bias with their calls against the Giants but I thought I'm not gonna comment because what hard facts are there then I came across this stat in a John Clayton article:

There have only been 7 holding penalties in ALL 8 PLAYOFF GAMES*COMBINED so far.......5 have been against the Giants.....so to recap 7 total holding penalties in the entire league over the course of two playoff*weeks and 5 have been against the Giants........disgusts me........meanwhile jerseys*were getting torn off the Giants D-Line last week and no flags hit the field...

Now sprinkle in the terrible spots, bs late hits and pity calls for the other team.......frickin frustrating.

[/quote]I have been saying it approximately half way through the season. It is freaking amazing how we have the top pass rushing defensive line, and we almost never get calls. Yet the opposing team, no matter who they are get numerous amount of holding calls.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Statistically, all that means is that the Giants held more than anyone else in the playoffs. Sorry, but statistically, you need to dissect a larger base of data to make any kind of other conclusion.
    the "realist" is a lazy piece of crap that works on his tan while sipping a margarita,
    the pessimist changes the sails while complaining about the lazy piece of crap,
    and the optimist changes the sails while hoping the lazy piece of crap will start to do his share of the work.

I hear ya.. I read somewhere a long time ago that the refs got extremely upset with the Giant organization due to the giants not supporting the refs strike or hold out. That might be bogus, I don't know, but a sportswriter wrote it and I have no link. sorry.

Veteran

Since Coughlin spoke out about the refs in the Packer game, I am hoping the refs will be fair from here on out. Then again I may be sticking my head in the sand.

Just look at the Atlanta playoff games. 2-3 holds on phantom calls, not one on Atlanta.

78% of all people know that you can use stats to prove anything.
    I bELIeve in February 1, 2015.

yeah I know. This is strictly about stats, not that the entire nation watched the epic failures of the Refs during GB game. Then the Atlanta game with the phantom holds and poor spots, no review of spot with less than 2 minutes in half.