+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bench Player

Games are won in the trenches

I'm very excited to see both the 49ers and Giants front 7 on D. Everyone knows that games are won in the trenches. If the Giants are able to have some sort of run game, then I can see them winning but if the Niner D can control the line of scrimmage and take away the run game, rattle Eli, then I like my Niners. I have a lot of respect for the Giants pass rush, but remember this, Alex Smith has a 90+ passer rating under pressure this year. This is one of my keys to the game that I will pay close attention to.

All-Pro

Re: Games are won in the trenches

if the 49ers lose, will you be back here Monday?

Veteran

I'm so tired of

49ers FANS vs NYG FANS

Can't wait till its NYG vs 49ers on Sunday!

Legit point though

Bench Player

[quote user="Pakman"]I'm so tired of

49ers FANS vs NYG FANS

Can't wait till its NYG vs 49ers on Sunday!

Legit point though[/quote]

i know right if this if that....if people with square buttholes shayt bricks will it bring down mortgage cost?

i was under the impression that those were his stats when being blized. we don't blitz much so you'll find less holes open in the secondary while hopefully still generating pressure. if we can still generate that pressure with the front 4 then i think we'll win. if not we'll probably lose.

It always starts in the trenches, however I disagree with the Giants running game being the key to this game. Our offense is nearly unbeatable when we do have our running game going, however as everyone saw last week this offense is predicated on big plays from the passing game.

Giants win if they get pigs plays for scores. Your defense is too good to expect multiple long, sustained controlled drives, so they'll need big gainers and quick strikes. And they'll need to get to Alex Smith. I know stopping the SF running game is paramount but you need plays fromt he passing game to score consistently, and if they disrupt Smith then they can't score.

49ers keys will be getting their running game going, forcing the Giants out of coverage shells, making timely throws from Smith, forcing turnovers on defense and probably getting a big ST play.

It's going to be a great game.

All Hail The New York Giants!!

Bench Player

[quote user="TuckYou"]if the 49ers lose, will you be back here Monday?[/quote]

Why Monday? I'll be back Sunday night win or lose. I just hope if the 49ers win I dont hear excuses this and that because you wont get that from me if my team loses.

[quote user="REDx85xGOLD"]I'm very excited to see both the 49ers and Giants front 7 on D.* Everyone knows that games are won in the trenches.* If the Giants are able to have some sort of run game, then I can see them winning but if the Niner D can control the line of scrimmage and take away the run game, rattle Eli, then I like my Niners.* I have a lot of respect for the Giants pass rush, but remember this, Alex Smith has a 90+ passer rating under pressure this year.* This is one of my keys to the game that I will pay close attention to.

[/quote]Have not seen Eli rattled in a very long time. Only one I have seen not get rattled or at least a few a few hits like most all.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Bench Player

[quote user="Gav_devils#56"]i was under the impression that those were his stats when being blitzed. we don't blitz much so you'll find less holes open in the secondary while hopefully still generating pressure. if we can still generate that pressure with the front 4 then i think we'll win. if not we'll probably lose.
    [/quote]

I think this is a very good point, Niners O line will have their hands full, I think this will be key. If we can stop your 4 man rush and force bliztes to create pressure we will be in much better shape.

On the flip side this is key too. If you watch the Niners, they rarely bring more than 5, and usually only 4, and have also been able to create pressure this way. They bring a lot of different looks with their 3-4.

Bench Player

[quote user="DragonSoul"][quote user="REDx85xGOLD"]I'm very excited to see both the 49ers and Giants front 7 on D. Everyone knows that games are won in the trenches. If the Giants are able to have some sort of run game, then I can see them winning but if the Niner D can control the line of scrimmage and take away the run game, rattle Eli, then I like my Niners. I have a lot of respect for the Giants pass rush, but remember this, Alex Smith has a 90+ passer rating under pressure this year. This is one of my keys to the game that I will pay close attention to.

[/quote]Have not seen Eli rattled in a very long time. Only one I have seen not get rattled or at least a few a few hits like most all.[/quote]

Is this the Eli you speak of?