+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Not feeling too good about this game...

Maybe it's the fact that my dad said were going to Indy if the Giants get in.

Maybe it's the fact that we haven't had a bad game in a while and the law of averages (which I know is all chance) says it's bound to happen this week.

I'm just so nervous. Bad fields favor the Defense, which they have the better one.

I don't know if were taking Frank Gore lightly or not, but hes a huge threat.

Talk me up, man. Talk me up.

Re: Not feeling too good about this game...

If you think for a second the Giants are taking Frank Gore lightly you are crazy.

The Giants are one game away from the Superbowl, and the 49ers are in our way.

Time for the players to strap there chin straps on tight, and knock some opposing players out.

Go Giants...

Giants fan since the early 80s

Our defense is hot, Smith is good but not that good, we just need to stop the run.

With Osi back and Bradshaw back, I have a feeling our pass defense will be pretty good, and our offense will probably air it out more even with Bradshaw back.

Game last time was 27-27, don't go crazy with law of averages.... I believe it too sometimes, but it's not statistically true obviously.

We're on a 4 game winning streak, it's possible we get 5 and even 6, it's possible for any team

[quote user="NYGFaninILL"]Maybe it's the fact that my dad said were going to Indy if the Giants get in. Maybe it's the fact that we haven't had a bad game in a while and the law of averages (which I know is all chance) says it's bound to happen this week. I'm just so nervous. Bad fields favor the Defense, which they have the better one. I don't know if were taking Frank Gore lightly or not, but hes a huge threat. Talk me up, man. Talk me up.[/quote]

Is that "Chicken Little" in the Avatar[][]

The Packers won six straight to win the SB last year.

Why can't we?

Giants want revenge for all the teams that snuck past us in the reg. season. It started with GB, and now its SF's turn.

Not only the revenge factor, but the fact that we're 1 game away from the supeerbowl and we're on fire makes me confident going into this game. Its going to be a dog fight that's for sure, but I think we'll come out on top.

A loss at this point would be more than devastating

[quote user="scf424"]The Packers won six straight to win the SB last year.

Why can't we?[/quote]

[B]
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Veteran

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="scf424"]The Packers won six straight to win the SB last year. Why can't we?[/quote]

[B]
    [/quote]

EXACTLY! And in 2007 the Giants won 11 straight road games and won the Lombardi trophy.

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

I don't think they've faced a defense like ours lately. And, we have TC who's been to the dance before and that has to be worth something. Sure, any given Sunday and all that...but we have the QB factor in Eli and he's been gigantic. Just have to be able to run a bit to control them and open up the passing and I am confident our D can keep Smith in check. If we rush 4 and cover 7, will be a long day for Smith assuming we can keep Gore down like last game.
    Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray Handjob. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

I was nervous up until yesterday, but not anymore. I'm getting as confident about this game than I was about GB. SF's D may be better, but not by much anymore. We've got our D back and they've been showing what they can do. Our O is significantly better than theirs. They can do some damage on O, but ours is better and our D is going to seriously provde a rude awakening for them.

Davis is their best receiving threat, but Boley and the Giants have gotten progressively better EACH GAME against other elite TEs over the past 4 weeks -- Keller (77 yards), Witten, Gonzalez, Finley (around 44 yards). And Keller and Witten were their teams'top receivers in those respective games against the Jets and 'boys and all they got were 77 yards and I believe 69 for Witten. Gonzalez got something in the 50s I believe, and Finley had something like 44. If Boley needs some extra help once in a while, it'snot going to kill us because their WRs don't need to be doubled.

They're best WR is Crabtree? Webster is more than a match for him. We'll have plenty of bodies to through at Gore AND Smith. Call me crazy, but I think our run D will be fine against their run O. And even though our offensive line isn't great for the run, I think AB is going to be the best back in this game. Not Gore, not their other RB, not Jacobs...but AB. Just a suspicion based on his excellent balance, low center of gravity, and he's already hard to tackle to begin with.

Their special teams are great, but our is at least very solid. Field position will be key, and I think we'll do enough to win this.

Giants: 27 / SF: 20 -- don't be surprised if we win by 13 - 17 points.