+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vernon davis= megatron?

vernon davis= megatron?

Greg pappa the raiders announcer was on 95.7 the game this morning and said davis is megatron. I almost choked on my breakfast from laughing so hard. Im sorry you can make davis a non existance with double coverage. Teams covered megatron with three guys and he still beasted. The whole bay area is ridiculous right now. Its like their judgement is clouded right now from the high of the saints game

Veteran

Re: vernon davis= megatron?

[quote user="milesaway19"]Greg pappa the raiders announcer was on 95.7 the game this morning and said davis is megatron. I almost choked on my breakfast from laughing so hard. Im sorry you can make davis a non existance with double coverage. Teams covered megatron with three guys and he still beasted. The whole bay area is ridiculous right now. Its like their judgement is clouded right now from the high of the saints game[/quote]

He's not megatron, but if you need double coverage to stop a TE than that's pretty effective right there.

No need to worry. Eli is Optimus Prime.

Davis and the Gronk can definitlty be considered the Megatron's of TE's. Because if you need 2 players to stop him then face it he is a machine.

With that said I don't agree you need 2 players to cover him just a really athletic player (especially if you are bumping him off his route).

never have 5 good minutes against the 29th ranked pass defense been so blown out of proportion

I like Optimus Eli. Always saves the game when all hope seems lost.

I do agree bigblue d you can effectively cover him one on one like we did in week 2 (yes im a cowboys fan and come in peace just here to let you know how the bay area is talkin about this game since i live here). Hes not a great route runner hence why he runs alot of easy routes so all you need is speed to cover him. I think with your guys front whos playin so lights out right now can cause havoc in this game.

Possibly.

Like many Tight Ends, Davis causes matchup problems for any opposing defense, only the degree of difficulty in covering him is much higher than normal tight ends. In fact I'd say it should be harder to cover him than any tight end in the league.

He's more physical than almost every tight end, and much faster with high 4.3 speed.

And while he isn't very tall for a TE, at 6'3" 250lbs he still outsizes the CBs that can keep pace with his quickness.

I don't see how you can NOT double team him.

That said, it's not like any other receiving options on the 9ers are worthy of extra attention. Crabtree is a solid number 1 WR, but nothing spectacular.

[quote user="Ntegrase96"]Possibly.

Like many Tight Ends, Davis causes matchup problems for any opposing defense, only the degree of difficulty in covering him is much higher than normal tight ends. In fact I'd say it should be harder to cover him than any tight end in the league.

He's more physical than almost every tight end, and much faster with high 4.3 speed.

And while he isn't very tall for a TE, at 6'3" 250lbs he still outsizes the CBs that can keep pace with his quickness.

That said, it's not like any other receiving options on the 9ers are worthy of extra attention. Crabtree is a solid number 1 WR, but nothing spectacular.
    [/quote]If the Giants pass rush works like it is supposed to work, there will be no need to cover Davis because he will have to stay back for extra protection before Alex gets abused more by JPP and OSI.

[quote user="Ntegrase96"]Possibly.

[/quote]If the Giants pass rush works like it is supposed to work, there will be no need to cover Davis because he will have to stay back for extra protection before Alex gets abused more by JPP and OSI.

+ Reply to Thread