+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Is victor cruz a better route runner than steve smith?

I remember when ap first came into the league, and from the moment he started playing good, i knew he was better than ladaminian tomlinson. However, because of LT's body of work, my friend didnt believe me and thought i was crazy for saying so.

So without looking at body of work., Who do you think is a better route runner between steve smith and cruz? I know for a fact smith didn't get this much separation when covered 1v1. Victor makes guys look silly 1v1, and i believe as long as he stays healthy, he will be one of the best slot guys in the nfl for years to come.

The video below is a perfect example of how he makes defenders look when they cover him 1v1. He has been doing it all season.

http://www.giants.com/media-vault/vi...0-a66bb3c99fe9

I dont even think revis can cover him 1v1 in the slot. Time will tell.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Re: Is victor cruz a better route runner than steve smith?

Not close right now. Route running includes running the right route. Cruz isn't there yet. He is more explosive than Smith for sure and in the long run may prove to be better overall.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Not really, but he is better than Steve Smith at making miraculous, game-saving plays.

Veteran

Smith was like a top 5 route runner lol. Cruz is nowhere near that. The only one who runs routes like Smith is probably Welker.

[quote user="Overdrive92"]Not really, but he is better than Steve Smith at making miraculous, game-saving plays.[/quote]

I have a feeling about this guy, and my intuition is usually right about players. I knew Adrianpeterson was going to be good the moment i saw him first run the ball. Same goes for kenny britt (even though hes injured) and shady mecoy. they all turned out pretty good, and i have a feeling cruz will too. watch.

~Big Mike~

[quote user="jomo"]Not close right now. Route running includes running the right route. Cruz isn't there yet. He is more explosive than Smith for sure and in the long run may prove to be better overall.[/quote] Its funny because at UMASS, Cruz wasen't really the explosive WR, but more the Slippery, route runner, who can beat u deep on occasion more then consistently, and also solid hands.. I think hes basically playing very idenctically to the type of WR he was for UMASS, and his route running is starting to show, with his EXP level getting up there.. Hes certainly showing the slipperieness and hands that i became accustomed to reading and seeing why he was at UMASS...

[quote user="Marvelousmik"][quote user="Overdrive92"]Not really, but he is better than Steve Smith at making miraculous, game-saving plays.[/quote]

I have a feeling about this guy, and my intuition is usually right about players. I knew Adrianpeterson was going to be good the moment i saw him first run the ball. Same goes for kenny britt (even though hes injured) and shady mecoy. they all turned out pretty good, and i have a feeling cruz will too. watch.
    [/quote] I'm with you on Kenny Britt.. I was called his Agent by most on here..lol Of course i ignored his Charechter concerns, but his skill is ridiculous.. Also, i called Victor Cruz the second we signed em as a UDF, being more familiar then most on here about him because UMASS is 45minutes from my front door.. I actually wrote a thread the day of the JETS preseason game titled "cruz breaks out in big way tonight"..lol Cruz is good, and u could see it at UMASS, that he had a solid build, good hands and the biggest question was if he was gonna be given a actual chance in the NFL or not, which alot of times dosen't happen for guys like him..

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Marvelousmik"][quote user="Overdrive92"]Not really, but he is better than Steve Smith at making miraculous, game-saving plays.[/quote]

[/quote] I'm with you on Kenny Britt.. I was called his Agent by most on here..lol Of course i ignored his Charechter concerns, but his skill is ridiculous.. Also, i called Victor Cruz the second we signed em as a UDF, being more familiar then most on here about him because UMASS is 45minutes from my front door.. I actually wrote a thread the day of the JETS preseason game titled "cruz breaks out in big way tonight"..lol Cruz is good, and u could see it at UMASS, that he had a solid build, good hands and the biggest question was if he was gonna be given a actual chance in the NFL or not, which alot of times dosen't happen for guys like him..
    [/quote]

As soon as i saw mecoy play a few games, i knew he was better than brian westbrook. I am not one to look at body of work all that much. Right now i know cruz is better than steve smith. im going to bookmark this thread for obvious reasons. []

~Big Mike~

Not at this point. Steve Smith is a polished elite slot receiver when healthy. Cruz is still raw and makes mistakes but the potential is definitely there. Give him some time.

I think victor cruz is better then Steve Smith now. Cruz is pretty nuts in terms of breakout explosive games, he already has multiple 100 yard games.