+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what Free Agents interest you?

Re: what Free Agents interest you?

[quote user="bLuereverie"]Stephen Tulloch[/quote]
    I'm thinking this or Curtis Lofton

[quote user="elitime"]Giants do not make huge waves in the free agent market...so good luck with any of those guys. Giants make their team through the draft. always have.[/quote]

Boley, Canty, Rolle... all were among the highest paid FAs in their respective offseason.

[quote user="Raptor22"]The FA's who interest me: Terrelle Thomas (cb) Aaron Ross (cb) Jon Goff (lb) Mario Manningham (wr) If there's anything left after that, I'd make an offer to Finley.[/quote]Lol, I like your take on it...

But we don't got Finley money.

my beer drinking team has a football problem

Starter

if we don't draft a stud TE i wouldn't mind getting fred davis. we need to make our strength even stronger. eli will continue to bring this team to the playoffs and on runs if he is surrounded with playmakers. of course we need o-line help as well whether it be draft or FA.

I would take Nicks and JArvis green ellis hes a brusier type of RB. We need an Oline and Nicks would secure that spot and we can get Beatty back to LT and move Diehl to RT to groom a draft pick to take over that spot.

[quote user="elitime"]Giants do not make huge waves in the free agent market...so good luck with any of those guys. Giants make their team through the draft. always have.[/quote]

So signing Rolle to the highest safety contract isnt a big splash.

Boley is a stud LB from FA

Starting DT Canty and Reservist Rocky bernard came from FA

starting S/LB hybrid Grant is a solid FA pickup

Starting Center Bass was a FA

to say they only make their team through the draft is foolish. i would agree that Reese is one of the best at finding talent through the draft (i.e. most players on roster that were drafted my the team in the entire NFL) but the NYG will definetly take a look at all their FA options and will more than likely pick up a player or two and probably atleast one starter and one or two contributers.

[quote user="egyptian420"][quote user="bLuereverie"]Stephen Tulloch[/quote]
    I'm thinking this or Curtis Lofton
    [/quote]

I think Lofton will be locked up long term before he sees the FA Market. only 25 years old and a freaking stud

Veteran

[quote user="poppa smurph"]

[quote user="Raptor22"]The FA's who interest me: Terrelle Thomas (cb) Aaron Ross (cb) Jon Goff (lb) Mario Manningham (wr) If there's anything left after that, I'd make an offer to Finley.[/quote]Lol, I like your take on it...

But we don't got Finley money.

[/quote]

It could be done... Let KMac go (start Brewer), resign Diehl to a sub contract, (Start Petrus & Beatty)

Then approach Jacobs and Eli, the men, not their agents, with new contracts, locking them up until the end of their careers, but at reduced prices (I think both would agree if it meant that they could retain the above guys, and add talent)

That should free up a good amount of cap room. They could approach other guys as well, like Rolle and Canty, who both have big contracts but are also proven team players, and have grown into locker room leaders.

Bench Player

RT- B. GIACOMINI to take over from McKenzie

TE- M. BENNETT to compete w/ Ballard

CB- B. CARR to replace TThomas' knees

only BCarr will be costly
    the draft can address other needs

Cortland Finnegan, Brent Grimes, Fred Davis.

+ Reply to Thread