+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The 9ers will be too emotional and will cost them the game

one thing i've noticed about the 9ers, not only are their players extremely emotional, their head coach is as well.

playing with emotion can be a good thing when kept in check, like how the giants feed off emotion but dont lose their cool. but when ur head coach is dropping things, falling over himself, screaming and making hand gestures...it costs them.

remember at the end of the game when the 9ers played the saints and harbaugh was so emotional he nearly didnt get to call the time out before the final play?
    or how davis was crying? not only will they be very emotional, they will have a sort of hang over lull from last week.

thats why eli should get a lot more credit than he does. he keeps his keel even no matter the situation. even coughlin this run, he hasnt done his "turn red and start spitting when he screams" spiel. i cant think of another coach who would have been able to keep his cool when that jennings fumble ref bs happened but he did.

the giants will be calculated and focused, while the 9ers will be emotional and all over the place. and that almost always results in a critical error.

also, on a side note, whitner sucks ball sack in coverage and im guaranteeing eli attacks his zones on the field.

game will be close the first quarter and a half, then before the 2 min drill at the end of the half, giants go up by two scores.

gb at home, even if they were "rusty" is still 10x more difficult to beat in lambau then beating the 9ers in san frannie.

great run for the 9ers, but the cinderella story strikes midnight early in 49er land.

also, eli is prob the best big game qb in the league. smith has done well, but he wont be able to match what eli gets done on offense.
    "The OL is good enough for most of Eli's supposed peers..."

Re: The 9ers will be too emotional and will cost them the game

well I disagree that they will be TOO emotional this week. I think they feed off of emotion.

I just think that they may do what the Jets did last year. They got that taste of victory, all of a sudden Alex Smith is the QB they've always wanted since Young, the defense's woes are getting overlooked last week (turnovers will do that for you). I think they may of played their superbowl last week and just not be able to match the intensity and emotion that they want

It happens all the time in sports. IT happened to the Ravens after both games they beat the Steelers last year.

It can go a number of ways
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

49ers celebration seemed excessive for a divisional round game.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]well I disagree that they will be TOO emotional this week. I think they feed off of emotion.

I just think that they may do what the Jets did last year. They got that taste of victory, all of a sudden Alex Smith is the QB they've always wanted since Young, the defense's woes are getting overlooked last week (turnovers will do that for you). I think they may of played their superbowl last week and just not be able to match the intensity and emotion that they want

It happens all the time in sports.* IT happened to the Ravens after both games they beat the Steelers last year.

It can go a number of ways
    [/quote]

i agree i kind of said that with the whole "they;ll have a hangover lull"...but i still feel in just watching harbaugh jumping up and down, dropping things, screaming at the top of his lungs, running up the sideline that he is just too emotional.

and that runs down to the rest of the team. and while that has worked for them this season, the giants are a beast of a diff. nature. our leaders can handle any situation and play it cool and just get things done. other teams could be overwhelmed by the emotion/intensity. not the giants.

i mean davis crying?????lmfao. anyone ever see him do an interview? guy is an awesome football player, but he comes off as "dainty"...not that theres anything wrong with that.

once things get real tough for them, like when we go up a couple scores, it'll be it for them. they'll know the season is over for them, and it could get out of hand.

I don't know how emotion will affect San Francisco, but I do know that Coughlin does a very good job keeping the Giants' emotions in check and the players focused. If you ever watch one of the Giants locker room post game celebrations on NFL.com or NFL Network, you'll notice that it always starts with about a minute of the players yelling and celebrating, then very quickly Coughlin will quiet the players down and say something like "Okay, okay guys, that's enough. We played a great game today, but now it's time to start preparing for San Francisco." As much of a downer as that makes Coughlin seem, I think it's definitely a good thing.

i guess i could explain it better by saying that some of there players will try and do too much and it will result in big, costly mistakes for them.

while we just try and do our jobs, get the job done.

Bench Player

I'll tell you all one thing, the 49ers will not let last weeks big game affect them this week. The 49ers players stay grounded and humble and havent said one thing this week. Watching this 49ers team this year, Coach Harbaugh will have them ready and focused. Each one of the players and Harbaugh said it, ''we'll celebrate today's victory, but starting tomorrow its back to business". While many of you may want to find little excuses for the Niners blowing this game, lets be real here, these are professionals and I know the Niners are hungry to get to the Super Bowl.

Starter

9ers will lose because the giants are the better team and will outplay them on sunday, not because of emotions on either side.

Well I sure hope the Giants players and coaches feel the same way you do. The 49ers have been one of the most well coached, grounded teams in the league. They never panic and are always in control. How else do you explain 7 4th quarter comebacks?

Oh, and to the OP, where in the world did you get this "dropping things, falling over himself, screaming and making hand gestures" bit about Harbaugh from?

[quote user="look@dafilm"]Well I sure hope the Giants players and coaches feel the same way you do. The 49ers have been one of the most well coached, grounded teams in the league. They never panic and are always in control. How else do you explain 7 4th quarter comebacks?

Oh, and to the OP, where in the world did you get this "dropping things, falling over himself, screaming and making hand gestures" bit about Harbaugh from?
    [/quote]

YOU WILL SEE THE 49ERS PANIC ! THEY WILL LOSE THEIR COOL,THEY WILL LOSE DOWNS,THEY WILL LOSE THE BALL,THEY WILL LOSE THE GAME,THEY WILL LOSE, LOSE AND THE GIANTS WILL= WIN, WIN, WIN ALL THE WAY TO THE SUPER BOWL...
    *GO GIANTS*