+ Reply to Thread

Giants need a big play early

The one thing im worried about this week is the 49er offensive linebeing able to move forward all game. They have a lot of size there, and aside from joseph, the giants aren't very big. Seeing as how the defense stopped a pretty good run game in the falcons, its not a blazing concern, but if the giant offense gets a big play and touchdown early, and builds on the lead and takes san fran away from the run, it keeps the dline fresh and playing at their game.

Should the offense get off slow, and keeps the game close, and lets the 49ers hit the d with their run game the whole game, i am less confident, because if the pass rush goes, the giants let the matt moores and tarvaris jacksons look like joe montana.

That said, i think the giants have a chance to set the tone of the game and thus have a chance to break alex smith's will. The thing with the saints is they never got smith to make a mistakes. Should the giants get that quick score and make the 49ers play catch up, they have a chance to get smith to make that mistake and put them in the hole, which the 49ers arent built for.

They remind me of the 2000 giants, and the trick to beating that team was breaking the quarterback. The 49ers have that same kind of qb who's still learning the game the way collins was. Frustrate him and the sacks will come in droves. Let them play ahead or tied, and he's very efficient. They should look at the tape from the raven game, that was that team's worst loss of the year

Re: Giants need a big play early

Is your sig a joke?

I have Been meaning to ask the same quetion, do you think what you say in your sig is actually a good trade? Cause I wouldn't trade Eli away for anyone.

Not to get everyone all riled up but Alex Smith has had 1 good year which is about to end on Sunday, if he brings the Niners back again next year, maybe their fans will have something to be happy about, until then, one year wonder has a good ring to it.
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

The stones you refer to aren't in his head so in a word NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wtf

good god, are we here to talk about my farce of a trade proposal, or about my quick strike philosophy???

lmao. u were 100% literal when u first posted that trade bs. dont try and come off like u were kidding around.

like u put in the sig urself, u put it 2/11...BEFORE this year.

there may be room for one more on the bandwagon, some of us have been here from the start and knew others would be...a little...slow, so we made sure to reserve seats. only thing, once u get off it, ur off it for good in everyones mind.

knock on wood that eli doesnt have a bad game, but if he does, u know how this mb will be, which is pathetic with what eli has done for this team since he became the full time starter.