+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Steve Spagnuolo has agreed to join the New Orleans Saints as new defensive coordinator

Per Jay Glazer on twitter. Ouchie.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Re: Steve Spagnuolo has agreed to join the New Orleans Saints as new defensive coordinator

He'll be a HC candidate in 1-2 years again.

Re: Steve Spagnuolo has agreed to join the New Orleans Saints as new defensive coordinator

What happened to Greg Williams??
    Draft Wishlist:
    1st Round- Shane Ray, DE, Mizzou
    2nd Round- Erick Striker, OLB, Oklahoma
    3rd Round- Cody Prewitt, FS, Miss
    4th Round- Zach Vigil, LB, Utah St

FA Wishlist: Re-Sign JPP, Hynoski, and sign Iupati

Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Williams signed with the Rams

[quote user="Kase-1"]What happened to Greg Williams??
    [/quote]He went with Fisher
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

[quote user="DragonSoul"][quote user="Kase-1"]What happened to Greg Williams??
    [/quote]He went with Fisher[/quote]</P>

That's the move I didn't really understand. Wonder how Payten felt about that.</P>

Oh well, all the luck to him

[quote user="ebick"]

[/quote]He went with Fisher[/quote]</P>

That's the move I didn't really understand. Wonder how Payten felt about that.</P>[/quote]Williams is very good friends w/Fisher, and after the Saints were near the bottom of the defensive stats, it was a great excuse for them to part ways.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Bench Player

Fewell has done a fine job, we don't need spags.

Starter

[quote user="DragonSoul"][quote user="ebick"]

[/quote]He went with Fisher[/quote]</p>

That's the move I didn't really understand. Wonder how Payten felt about that.</p>[/quote]Williams is very good friends w/Fisher, and after the Saints were near the bottom of the defensive stats, it was a great excuse for them to part ways.[/quote]

pretty much... after the lack of adjustments defensively to what the 49ers did offensively in the 4th quarter, I would not be surprised if this parting was mutual. Williams glad to join Fisher. The Saints not all that unhappy to see him go. The D has underperformed the past couple of years. We are achingly thin and undertalented at LB, but we've spent picks on defense and have talent better than the product. Some of this (at the very least) is on Williams and his coaching.

I am glad to see this move. We don't have the talent in the front 7 that Spagnuolo had when he was in NY, but I am hoping he can squeeze more out of them than Williams did.

I am glad for the change and hopeful for what it means next year.

As for the comment earlier in the thread about trading a 1st for Osi - the Saints don't have a first in this year's draft. Just fyi.