+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

Interesting thing my dad heard on the radio..

When he drives to Cincinnati for work, he listens to Mike & Mike. They came up with some statistic to predict who would win every play off game. Rather than give a score to a team's overall offense or defense, they give a score to how good that offense will do against the opponents specific defense and vice-versa. Well, so far they have predicted every single playoff game correctly (including NY vs GB and even Denver vs Pitt) using this data except for the Saints-SF game, which really could have gone either way.

Anyway, the predictions for this weekend is a Giants-Patriots Super Bowl.

Re: Interesting thing my dad heard on the radio..

could you believe Chris Collinsworth says Giants have the fewest weaknesses of any playoff team left? He also predicts Giants-Patriots SB.

That's Mike and Mike on ESPN radio.

Veteran

[quote user="JMGGIANTS"]could you believe Chris Collinsworth says Giants have the fewest weaknesses of any playoff team left? He also predicts Giants-Patriots SB.[/quote]

Two things scare me about this game:

1. Us turning the ball over
    2. Our secondary giving too much cushion/playing bad

[quote user="JMGGIANTS"]could you believe Chris Collinsworth says Giants have the fewest weaknesses of any playoff team left? He also predicts Giants-Patriots SB.[/quote]

That's nuts! Chris Collinsworth!

Veteran

[quote user="bELIeve_in_Giants"]That's Mike and Mike on ESPN radio.*[/quote]

Oh, lmao, I don't ever listen to talk shows on the radio or anything and I only watch ESPN for highlights.. my bad.

[quote user="bELIeve_in_Giants"]That's Mike and Mike on ESPN radio.[/quote]
    Yeah, they're on a local station here and I think simulcast on ESPN2 on TV (at least they used to be). One of the Mikes is Mike Golic.

[quote user="DJloves"]When he drives to Cincinnati for work, he listens to Mike & Mike. They came up with some statistic to predict who would win every play off game. Rather than give a score to a team's overall offense or defense, they give a score to how good that offense will do against the opponents specific defense and vice-versa. Well, so far they have predicted every single playoff game correctly (including NY vs GB and even Denver vs Pitt) using this data except for the Saints-SF game, which really could have gone either way. Anyway, the predictions for this weekend is a Giants-Patriots Super Bowl.[/quote]

They were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay wrong in their "Confidence Picks" on the Pitt-Denver game and they also lost the NO-SF game.

I can't remember all their picks for the WC round, though.

[quote user="bELIeve_in_Giants"]That's Mike and Mike on ESPN radio.*[/quote]

East Coast Bias. We're used to it on the West Coast.

All you heard during the season was how awesome the NFC East was. Niners didn't get a shred of a mention until we knocked off Detroit.

After that, East Coast media once again turned away to focus on the Giants, Eagles, Jets, Patriots.

We've been ignored all season. Everyone picked us to finish last in the division. Nobody picked us to beat New Orleans.

Believe me -- this team is playing with a HUGE chip on its shoulder. They still aren't getting the proper respect they deserve. Don't believe me? Watch ESPN tonight. Watch the NFL Network. Tell me how much time is devoted to the Giants, and how much time is devoted to San Francisco.

Tell me how many times Alex Smith is called a "game manager." Man, we love it when you guys on the East Coast do that.

Don't think they don't notice that. Don't for a moment think that Harbaugh isn't using that as leverage.

He's used it all season long.

Alex Smith is a game manager. Averages 7.0 yard/comp., 176 yards/game. Team ranked 29th in passing.

And BTW Harbaugh talked smack right after the game. It was on NFL Network Sounds of the Game. After win over Saints. He said great result today and we will get the same result next week.