Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Veteran

Re: The all whiteboy draft!!

[quote user="Trashcanman"][quote user="ddm693"]

5' 8''- 206. bricked out

[/quote]

I'm 5'-8"-210. I guess you and I are the freaks, huh?

[/quote]

Well, there's size, and then there's strength. My maximum, unassisted one rep is 270. Not too shabby for my height and weight i think

[quote user="ddm693"][quote user="Trashcanman"][quote user="ddm693"]

5' 8''- 206. bricked out

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, there's size, and then there's strength. My maximum, unassisted one rep is 270. Not too shabby for my height and weight i think

[/quote]

Not shabby at all. I won't give out weights because people will just think I'm blowing smoke. I'm not where I was but I was a powerlifter and an avid promoter of the Westside Method for quite some time.

Veteran

[quote user="Trashcanman"][quote user="ddm693"][quote user="Trashcanman"][quote user="ddm693"]

5' 8''- 206. bricked out

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not shabby at all. I won't give out weights because people will just think I'm blowing smoke. I'm not where I was but I was a powerlifter and an avid promoter of the Westside Method for quite some time.

[/quote]

Maybe not. I know one guy who's ripped but couldn't bench 250 if you paid him. A former coworker is built about the same as me and he would laugh at 270. Last time we hit the weights his max was 325

One thing it took me years to figure out is that with size comes strength, but you can gain an incredible amount of strength without gaining hardly any size at all. My downfall in Powerlifting was gaining mass first, and simply being more prone to bodybuilding Genetically. In powerlifting you want to lift as much as possible at the lightest weight possible. It's funny. I have a friend that weighs about 160 and is 5'5". He isas strong as I am. He simply has the genetics to build crazy amounts of strength but he can't put on mass for anything. I put on mass by just looking at a weight but strength has been harder to come by. One thing you'll find as well is that you never know how far you can go in the long run. Your friend may be stronger than you and may gain strength easier, but if you both stick with it you may ultimately pass him in the end. Some people gain quicker and some have a greater potential. They don't necessarily go hand in hand. Same with bodybuilding. Some guys get big way quicker than others but in the end, the guy who gains hard may be the biggest. Just something to point out to anyone who cares. lol

Lets see....

We have threats of violence, height/weight ratios and God knows what else

You guys think we're a little too tough around here as Mods? Keepturning threads like this one intonon-Giants discussion inTAGF and I promise it'll get much MUCH worse.

To the guy who threatened the other poster....enjoy your time away from the boards