+ Reply to Thread

Can you guys name the top two 49ers WR Duo (Jerry Rice doesn't count)

Did you not hear about the awesome WR duo the 49ers have? Oh wait they do not. They have a WR with Crabs. Opps I mean Crabtree who was picked a head of Nicks. What a bust Crabs is lol.

And can we name another WR? Sorry Davis is a TE, Gore is a RB. Anyone else? I mean Davis has 67 catches and Crabs has 72 catches. All the other guys are 20 through 15 catches (HBs and whoever else their #2-3 wrs are)
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Veteran

Re: Can you guys name the top two 49ers WR Duo (Jerry Rice doesn't count)

[quote user="DragonSoul"]Did you not hear about the awesome WR duo the 49ers have? Oh wait they do not. They have a WR with Crabs. Opps I mean Crabtree who was picked a head of Nicks. What a bust Crabs is lol.

And can we name another WR? Sorry Davis is a TE, Gore is a RB. Anyone else? I mean Davis has 67 catches and Crabs has 72 catches. All the other guys are 20 through 15 catches (HBs and whoever else their #2-3 wrs are)[/quote]

They don't have to be spectacular. Defo agree that Nicks is better than Crabtree at this point but if the 9ers can develop Smith more, you can count on a correlative improvement in Crabtree's performance. Davis is very good and Smith's go-to. 67 receptions for a TE is nothing to sneeze at.

That's the thing here...their defense (and special teams) gives their offense a lot of opportunities which is why Akers is so prolific for them. During the regular season game our offense moved the ball pretty well against their D, but they come up with a turnover and the onside and they don't have very far to go until they're in scoring range, so their WRs don't have to be spectacular. Wow.....sounds like 86 Giants...heh.

And as far as Davis not being a WR, who cares? The Patriots are using their TEs like WRs pretty well letting them run the ball.

Bench Player

Morgan was playing great until he got injured.

Williams is playing well right now.

Ginn can outrun people....

But if your point is the Niners have less talent at WR than the Giants I hope you don't expect to have a disagreement.

Veteran

[quote user="TheCatchIII"]Morgan was playing great until he got injured.

Williams is playing well right now.

Ginn can outrun people....

But if your point is the Niners have less talent at WR than the Giants I hope you don't expect to have a disagreement.

[/quote]

Definitely a serviceable receiver corps for this team. Especially with good receiving skills from the RBs/TEs

Who were our '86 receivers? Or '90 for that matter?
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells