+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

More worried about Walker than Davis

We had Vernon Davis under control for the most part before Boley left the game, and we started having communication failures.

However, Delanie Walker was killing us up and down the field the entire game.

He has been out with a broken jaw but is practicing this week. We need to find an answer to him so history does not repeat itself.

Veteran

Re: More worried about Walker than Davis

[quote user="VBGiantsFan"]We had Vernon Davis under control for the most part before Boley left the game, and we started having communication failures.

He has been out with a broken jaw but is practicing this week. We need to find an answer to him so history does not repeat itself.[/quote]

I don't think he'll play or if he does, it won't be for long. If he takes one decent pop around the chin, it could be another 9 weeks of soup.

I think it was pretty fluky vs the giants last time. Walker is their #3 TE and has 19 receptions in 15 games for the season.

Bench Player

Everything is pointing to Walker PLAYING.

He is not #3, he is number 2.

He has speed just less than VD.

The guy is a play maker. Question will be is if he is actually game ready after his time off.

[quote user="TheCatchIII"]Everything is pointing to Walker PLAYING.

The guy is a play maker. Question will be is if he is actually game ready after his time off.

[/quote]

If he is such a big play maker, explain 19 receptions in 15 games. If you look at his career stats, he is a 6th round pick who is about 20 catches a year and he has 5 TDs in 6 year career.

[quote user="bflo23"][quote user="TheCatchIII"]Everything is pointing to Walker PLAYING.

The guy is a play maker.* Question will be is if he is actually game ready after his time off.

[/quote]

If he is such a big play maker, explain 19 receptions in 15 games.[/quote]

I'm not saying he's a world beater, but he did find success against us, and that is concerning...In fact, before Boley went down, he was much more successful than Davis was against us. We need to have an answer for that.

Veteran

[quote user="TheCatchIII"]Question will be is if he is actually game ready after his time off.

[/quote]

And how much he likes his mug getting cracked

Veteran

[quote user="VBGiantsFan"][quote user="bflo23"][quote user="TheCatchIII"]Everything is pointing to Walker PLAYING.

The guy is a play maker.* Question will be is if he is actually game ready after his time off.

[/quote]

If he is such a big play maker, explain 19 receptions in 15 games.[/quote]

I'm not saying he's a world beater, but he did find success against us, and that is concerning...In fact, before Boley went down, he was much more successful than Davis was against us. We need to have an answer for that.[/quote]

The 9ers definitely find ways to work him into the offense and they are better with him than without.

Bench Player

[quote user="bflo23"][quote user="TheCatchIII"]Everything is pointing to Walker PLAYING.

[/quote]

If he is such a big play maker, explain 19 receptions in 15 games. If you look at his career stats, he is a 6th round pick who is about 20 catches a year and he has 5 TDs in 6 year career.
    [/quote]

Well, not a great answer for you TBH.

Before this year it was really frustrating. I am not sure if it is true now but for a bit there he was the second fastest guy on the team, second to.......VD.

So a lot of fans wanted more out of him. Under Singletary he was primarily left in as a blocking TE with a couple plays to him here and there.

This year, before the injury, he was getting worked in more and more. Just look at week 10 vs Giants. He was the leading receiver.

He got hurt a few weeks back so now who knows and he missed several games.

All I can say is the dude does have speed and athleticism. So, if he is ready and you decide to double Davis all day, he could be a legit factor in this game.

Time will tell.

All-Pro

[quote user="Weygand"][quote user="VBGiantsFan"]We had Vernon Davis under control for the most part before Boley left the game, and we started having communication failures.

He has been out with a broken jaw but is practicing this week. We need to find an answer to him so history does not repeat itself.[/quote]

I don't think he'll play or if he does, it won't be for long. If he takes one decent pop around the chin, it could be another 9 weeks of soup.[/quote]Wow. Lol. Not sure if it was right that I found this funny
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***