+ Reply to Thread

As equally as these teams match up..I think the Giants have the edge with a QB who remains cool.

Emotions, especially during a Championship contest are always hightened. This is expected. But, not so sure Smith will be able to manage the pressure of a game of this importance, as well as Eli. Manning has been the "poster boy of cool" this yearm and all things being equal elsewhere on the field, this is theONE position that favors our team.

Eli will drive us through the ,weather, defense pakages, and be the center of focus for that Offense and bring us out in the end. Our Defense is healthy and ready to shake the 49ers cage... smash mouth style. Eli will calmly carve up the clock, and I see us as coming out the victors at Candlestick.

Good luck G-Men...GO BLUE!

Re: As equally as these teams match up..I think the Giants have the edge with a QB who remains cool.

YES SIR

Re: As equally as these teams match up..I think the Giants have the edge with a QB who remains cool.

Well let's see the analyze the matchups for this game...

Alex Smith vs.Giants Pass Rush.. Game over.
    Giants win.

I think the Giants will beat the 49ers at their own game of turnovers.

All-Pro

[quote user="Voldamort"]YES SIR[/quote]
    YES SIR
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

The fact that we already have a lot of playoff experience is an edge by itself...the notion of "act like you have been there" really does help us because we can get past the calamity and hype of the situation and just focus on playing and winning the game. SF doesn't have any leadership (among players) on the team with that kind of experience.

Eli, Osi, Tuck, Rolle, most of our Oline as well as many others on this NY team have this edge and can transfer it among them and keep the younger guys on level ground too...allowing them to focus on task.

[quote user="Razur"]Emotions, especially during a Championship contest are always hightened. This is expected. But, not so sure Smith will be able to manage the pressure of a game of this importance, as well as Eli. Manning has been the "poster boy of cool" this yearm and all things being equal elsewhere on the field, this is theONE position that favors our team.

Eli will drive us through the ,weather, defense pakages, and be the center of focus for that Offense and bring us out in the end. Our Defense is healthy and ready to shake the 49ers cage... smash mouth style. Eli will calmly carve up the clock, and I see us as coming out the victors at Candlestick.

Good luck G-Men...GO BLUE![/quote]

Id take our receivers, who have just got hotter as the season ended, and Id take Bradshaw over gore. Bradshaw has more heart and football IQ