+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Media hype

Veteran

Media hype

Anyone else sick of the media twisting the Giants words and making it seem like their trash talking?

I haven't heard any of the Giants say anything too negative about the 49ers, but for some reason the 9ers feel like the Giants dont respect them. I heard a couple people say that the Giants are turning into the Jets.

It sounds to me like their just confident not ****y.

All-Pro

Re: Media hype

I dont respect Alex Smith, he sucks. This ishis 8th season in the league and all of a sudden he is good? Come on man...But their defense can win a game alone. They are playing great and hit hard all the time.

[quote user="TuckYou"]I dont respect Alex Smith, he sucks. This is*his 8th season in the league and all of a sudden he is good? Come on man...*But their defense can win a game alone. They are playing great and hit hard all the time.[/quote] I think the media is trying to make him this Cinderella story from being ridiculed, to now carrying to the team to the super bowl.

Bench Player

Does anyone know where the team is today?
    Are they traveling to SF? Will they have a practice on a sloppy field tomorrow?
    Just curious...

Veteran

[quote user="Rudyy"][quote user="TuckYou"]I dont respect Alex Smith, he sucks. This ishis 8th season in the league and all of a sudden he is good? Come on man...But their defense can win a game alone. They are playing great and hit hard all the time.[/quote] I think the media is trying to make him this Cinderella story from being ridiculed, to now carrying to the team to the super bowl.[/quote]

Yup Eli had that in the 2007 run but he won't get that cinderella treatment anymore in these situations for the rest of his career. That is what winning Super Bowl 42 did for him.It is easy to push Smith now instead like they did Eli in 2007.

It also would give Eli a chance to tie Big Ben in the Super Bowl rings departmentand if he were to win another one that would tick off a lot of people who want to always proclaim the Giants should have taken Ben over Eli.

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Veteran

[quote user="lgwgiantlov"]Does anyone know where the team is today?
    Are they traveling to SF? Will they have a practice on a sloppy field tomorrow?
    Just curious...[/quote]

Na Broseph they are traveling on Saturday

According to Filip Bondy's article in The Daily News - no one is trash talking

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1009047

[quote user="TuckYou"]I dont respect Alex Smith, he sucks. This ishis 8th season in the league and all of a sudden he is good? ...[/quote]
    Exactly. He now has ONE bigtime comeback win and it's like "Hey look!! He's elite too!!" Anybody can do it once. I'm a high-handicap golfer but I got a hole-in-one once!!

I'm sick of the media in general. Journalism is dead and buried in this country, in all areas, not just sports. Everything is about taking a comment or a nugget of info and twisting it to whatever they'd like you to think.