+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran

I predict a blowout, Giants 27 - 49ers 3

The Giants shut down the Falcons vaunted running game and the stud receivers. The Giants shutdown the vaunted passing game of the Packers forcing Rogers to be the leading rusher.

The 49ers offense isn't as talented as either of the teams we played in the playoffs. Therefore I predict the defense will feast on Alex Smith.

Book it.

Re: I predict a blowout, Giants 27 - 49ers 3

[quote user="Coach Carter"]The Giants shut down the Falcons vaunted running game and the stud receivers. The Giants shutdown the vaunted passing game of the Packers forcing Rogers to be the leading rusher. The 49ers offense isn't as talented as either of the teams we played in the playoffs. Therefore I predict the defense will feast on Alex Smith. Book it.[/quote]

I respectfully disagree..

The Niners D is a tough hard hitting opportunistic D. They lead the league in takeaways and the Niners O leads the league in NOT giving the ball up. Justin Smith is a monster and will run over Baas all day long. Gore is a threat but they have Hunter as well. The Falcon run game is the bread and butter and were forced to abondoned it. The Packer D is not so great and you have to admit that the Pack's receivers blew at least 5 or 6 easy catches.

Alex Smith is playhing very well right now and the whol eteam has huge confidence. Also Harbaugh is sgreat with unexpected plays being called at just the right time.

The Giants can win for sure but no blow outs here. No way.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I think if we play a perfect game and they don't come to play at a high level, then yes it very well good be a blowout. But their D is very good, and their running game is up to the task.

Veteran

I'm going 30-16

I'm with you on this. I think SF is in store for a reality check.

Veteran

I wouldn't go that far. If its rains, Giants by 10. If good conditions prevail, Giants by 14 or 17.

love that score go G-MEN!!!

Of course anything can happen. The Packers turned the ball over five times - one being an interception from a QB who boasted how he 'Just doesn't throw interceptions'. We kept a high powered offense who scored an average of 35 pts a game to twenty - all on THEIR hallowed field.

Sure the 49er can be off. Just like the Packers we could throw them off. Eli's gotta release the ball quick to avoid their pass rush and install the run when they don't expect it. Maybe even go 'no huddle' a few series to really play with their minds.

Hey, back in 2001 when the #1 offense Vikings came to the Meadowlands for the CG the media didn't give us a chance - said that Culpepper would throw all over us and that John Randall would harrass Collins and shut us down. We, in turn, came up with an offensive game plan allowing us to score early and often, putting the Vikings into 'catch up' mode to where they had to pass. They laid a big giant goose egg that day.

If we can score early and often - causing Alex Smith to have to go to the air then our D's gonna be let loose like a kid in Wonka Land!

Veteran

[quote user="GameTime"]

[quote user="Coach Carter"]The Giants shut down the Falcons vaunted running game and the stud receivers. The Giants shutdown the vaunted passing game of the Packers forcing Rogers to be the leading rusher. The 49ers offense isn't as talented as either of the teams we played in the playoffs. Therefore I predict the defense will feast on Alex Smith. Book it.[/quote]

*I respectfully disagree..

The Niners D is a tough hard hitting opportunistic D. They lead the league in takeaways and the Niners O leads the league in NOT giving the ball up. Justin Smith is a monster and will run over Baas all day long. *Gore is a threat but they have Hunter as well. The Falcon run game is the bread and butter and were forced to abondoned it. The Packer D is not so great and you have to admit that the Pack's receivers blew at least 5 or 6 easy catches.

Alex Smith is playhing very well right now and the whol eteam has huge confidence. Also Harbaugh is sgreat with unexpected plays being called at just the right time.

The Giants can win for sure but no blow outs here. No way.

[/quote]

What about the 49ers defensive backs?

Also, Justin smith will be lined up against our tackles.

Veteran

[quote user="CTLadyBlue"]Of course anything can happen. The Packers turned the ball over five times - one being an interception from a QB who boasted how he 'Just doesn't throw interceptions'. We kept a high powered offense who scored an average of 35 pts a game to twenty - all on THEIR hallowed field.

Sure the 49er can be off. Just like the Packers we could throw them off. Eli's gotta release the ball quick to avoid their pass rush and install the run when they don't expect it. Maybe even go 'no huddle' a few series to really play with their minds.

Hey, back in 2001 when the #1 offense Vikings came to the Meadowlands for the CG the media didn't give us a chance - said that Culpepper would throw all over us and that John Randall would harrass Collins and shut us down. We, in turn, came up with an offensive game plan allowing us to score early and often, putting the Vikings into 'catch up' mode to where they had to pass. They laid a big giant goose egg that day.

If we can score early and often - causing Alex Smith to have to go to the air then our D's gonna be let loose like a kid in Wonka Land![/quote]
    +1