+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Eli clears up the Mario INT

So we had a little debate going on about what happened on that INT to Mario.

Did Mario hang his QB out to dry by not finnishing his route?

Did Mario make the proper sight adjustment and Eli missed it causing the ball to get picked.

The problem I had with the Idea that Eli missed the read is that though there were defenders in the area he puts the ball low so that Mario could safely make the grab showing me that Eli indeed saw the defenders.

Then I listen to Eli's post game and he says it...Something to the affect of

"We'll have to look at that one. He was on an 'incut'. I don't know what happened maybe he thought I was outside the pocket"

That to me means there was no sight adjustment on that route for Mario to break it outside and that the INT is Marios fault.

From the QBs lips to Gods ears.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Re: Eli clears up the Mario INT

[quote user="burier"]So we had a little debate going on about what happened on that INT to Mario.

Did Mario make the proper sight adjustment and Eli missed it causing the ball to get picked.

The problem I had with the Idea that Eli missed the read is that though there were defenders in the area he puts the ball low so that Mario could safely make the grab showing me that Eli indeed saw the defenders.

"We'll have to look at that one. He was on an 'incut'. I don't know what happened maybe he thought I was outside the pocket"

That to me means there was no sight adjustment on that route for Mario to break it outside and that the INT is Marios fault.

From the QBs lips to Gods ears.[/quote]

Watch it again...the defenders that were "in the area" were in zones that weren't really in position to make a play in the spot where the ball was thrown...two guys were over the top and one guy was stationary in the middle. Rogers made the INT, but if Manningham continued his route he would have been right there in single coverage with Rogers and probably had the edge for the ball.

Not really sure what Manningham was thinking. It's not like he cut his route back outside...he just stopped...

[quote user="burier"]So we had a little debate going on about what happened on that INT to Mario.

Somehow I get the impression you feel better now.

Where I come from an interception is an interception - they all suck.

http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Veteran

[quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="burier"]So we had a little debate going on about what happened on that INT to Mario.

Somehow I get the impression you feel better now.

Where I come from an interception is an interception - they all suck.

[/quote]

lmao

[quote user="burier"]So we had a little debate going on about what happened on that INT to Mario. Did Mario hang his QB out to dry by not finnishing his route? Did Mario make the proper sight adjustment and Eli missed it causing the ball to get picked. The problem I had with the Idea that Eli missed the read is that though there were defenders in the area he puts the ball low so that Mario could safely make the grab showing me that Eli indeed saw the defenders. Then I listen to Eli's post game and he says it...Something to the affect of "We'll have to look at that one. He was on an 'incut'. I don't know what happened maybe he thought I was outside the pocket" That to me means there was no sight adjustment on that route for Mario to break it outside and that the INT is Marios fault. From the QBs lips to Gods ears.[/quote]

so this thread is titled "Eli clears up the mario INT"...

your post hasn't cleared anything up. Nor did what Eli say clear anything up.

You have cleared it in your mind which what you said when you typed "That to me"....

so you interpret what Eli said and therefor it must be what Eli thinks???

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

thats not at all what he said

here is the quote straight from the post game presser....straight from his mouth

"....he had an incut and he maybe thought I was scrambling and maybe he was gonna try to bang it back out and get open ...I thought he was gonna stay on the move and obviously I threw it...."

where in the world does he say anything remotely suggesting it was Marios fault...

Mannningham did exactly as he is coached.....if you are manned up and see yourself running into coverage you break break back and get open ....Eli was under pressure and Marios route was taking him into triple coverage

its noones fault ...they saw 2 different things

it happens

not Marios fault at all....nor is it Elis

just an off page play

[quote user="GameTime"]

[quote user="burier"]So we had a little debate going on about what happened on that INT to Mario. Did Mario hang his QB out to dry by not finnishing his route? Did Mario make the proper sight adjustment and Eli missed it causing the ball to get picked. The problem I had with the Idea that Eli missed the read is that though there were defenders in the area he puts the ball low so that Mario could safely make the grab showing me that Eli indeed saw the defenders. Then I listen to Eli's post game and he says it...Something to the affect of "We'll have to look at that one. He was on an 'incut'. I don't know what happened maybe he thought I was outside the pocket" That to me means there was no sight adjustment on that route for Mario to break it outside and that the INT is Marios fault. From the QBs lips to Gods ears.[/quote]

so this thread is titled "Eli clears up the mario INT"...

your post hasn't cleared anything up. Nor did what Eli say clear anything up.

You have cleared it in your mind which what you said when you typed "That to me"....

so you interpret what Eli said and therefor it must be what Eli thinks???

[/quote]

well he said Mario was on an in-route, he said he has no idea why Mario stopped running but he wasn't suppose to. That doesn't clear up the fact that Mario made the wrong move?
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="burier"]So we had a little debate going on about what happened on that INT to Mario.

here is the quote straight from the post game presser....straight from his mouth

"....he had an incut and he maybe thought I was scrambling and maybe he was gonna try to bang it back out and get open ...I thought he was gonna stay on the move and obviously I threw it...."

where in the world does he say anything remotely suggesting it was Marios fault...

Mannningham did exactly as he is coached.....if you are manned up and see yourself running into coverage you break break back and get open ....Eli was under pressure and Marios route was taking him into triple coverage

it happens

just an off page play[/quote]

well was Eli scrambling?
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

it was so horrific, it looked to me like they both made mistakes

I think Eli let Cruz drop get in his head a little on the other INT......it was grossly underthrown

Eli is not perfect, and the rest of the team should start to "make plays" too.......like the front 7 who were just run stoppers in that game.....no QB pressure at all

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="burier"]So we had a little debate going on about what happened on that INT to Mario.

it happens

just an off page play[/quote]

First of all thanks for the quote.

And I appreciate you standing by your initial position but the fact that Eli says "He maybe thought I was scrambling" indicates that the ONLY reason for Mario to adjust the route in the fashion he did was if Eli was "scrambling"...Since Eli clearly was not scrambling Mario had no reason to behave in the fashion he did.

Eli didnt say "Maybe he was responding to the coverage" Which is what your suggesting Mario was doing.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.