+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

If Gilbride gets a Head Coaching job

Do we turn the reigns over to Eli?
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Re: If Gilbride gets a Head Coaching job

[quote user="burier"]Do we turn the reigns over to Eli?[/quote]

KG will not be a head coach. I wish he would though. Still not a fan. Talk about inconsistency and mental lapses. He scares me.

Based on his 2 min drill play calling I say yes. Let him follow in Payton's steps and make the calls.

I'm more curious what we do if Fewell goes. I think offensively there are more options out there than defensively.

[quote user="burier"]Do we turn the reigns over to Eli?[/quote]

[8-)]
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

[quote user="bashful"][quote user="burier"]Do we turn the reigns over to Eli?[/quote]

KG will not be a head coach. I wish he would though. Still not a fan. Talk about inconsistency and mental lapses. He scares me.[/quote]

He scared you right into the NFC Championship
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I say no. Because you see the disaster the Colts have when Peyton is not in the game.

I'm a firm believer in having three coaches: head coach, OC, and DC. I can't stand when they are in the booth either.

Veteran

[quote user="Firenugget"]I'm more curious what we do if Fewell goes. I think offensively there are more options out there than defensively.
    [/quote]

Yup. Now that Spags is gone to New Orleans it will be very interesting to try and figure out what to do if Fewell lands a head coaching gig which would most likely be in Tampa. Personally, I'd like someone who will continue carrying the torch of what the signature defense has been duringthis defense'smost successful seasons under Coughlin. A Spags clone or a variation ofhis schemeif you will. Who could be the person to carry that torch though? I do not feel that person is on this staff presently.

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

no, based on the audibles where Bradshaw runs right into a brick wall.

but god i hope KG gets a HC job

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="bashful"][quote user="burier"]Do we turn the reigns over to Eli?[/quote]

KG will not be a head coach. I wish he would though. Still not a fan. Talk about inconsistency and mental lapses. He scares me.[/quote]

He scared you right into the NFC Championship
    [/quote]

+1

How can people hate on KG after this year?!

For some perspective:

1986) 10th ranked offense

1990) 17th ranked offense

2000) 13th ranked offense

Gilbride Years:

2007) 16th ranked offense
    2008) 7th ranked offense
    2009) 8th ranked offense
    2010) 5th ranked offense
    2011) 8th ranked offense

We haven't had this good of a run on offense since the Championship teams of the 50s.

Give KG a break (even if that inside draw and screen drives you insane).
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)