+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Whoa, quiet confidence, gentlemen...

I told my wife last night that almost every Giants fan I've talked to or read on this board has more swag and bravado than Antrel Rolle.

Everyone thinks we are gong to win going away Sunday night. I've never seen or heard anything like it, especially from tried-and-true Giants fans who have been let down more than a couple of times during our illustrious history.

I hate to be a wet dish towel. But I am expecting a tough game and will feel very fortunate if we win.

Granted, I was always one of the those kids in school who said I thought I did ok on a test and I ended up acing it, but...

Remember 2007-08 when we made our run for the Lombardy trophy. I wasn't sure we could win any game (even the Tampa game) and was like so pleasantly surprised when we did win. I was almost relieved and took a deep breath with every win.

That's what made our ultimate victory against the Pats so damn sweet. I thought we had a chance, but I didn't really think we could do it.

Tell me honestly that you didn't feel the same way. Even when Plaxico caught the TD pass that put us ahead, I was scared of Brady and what that offense could still do,

I have quite confidence in our team this year. I love the run we are on and want to take it right to the winner's podium in Indy.

But I am not expecting to kill the Niners. I have quiet confidence in our team and will be very disappointed if they lose.

I'll eat crow (talons, beak and all) if I am wrong. But this will be no cakewalk like many are predicting. It's going to be a tough, tough game and I, for one, will feel blessed to come out with a win!

Re: Whoa, quiet confidence, gentlemen...

I agree, not sure where all the confidence went.

Yeah we beat the packers, I'm proud of that, but this is the playoffs, ANYTHING could happen.

I feel this game will just be as tough as any other game

Well you're certainly entitled to your opinion. However I don't see any threads telling you that you're wrong to think that way or that you shouldn't.

We're going to POUND the niners. Just enjoy the ride.[]

Veteran

Yeah, it is a stark contrast to the usual pessimism.

but think about...we're in the playoffs. We were obviously good enough to get this far.

Both us and the 49ers fans each think their team will win. And why not? We are both in the NFC title game. With a chance to go to the Superbowl.

Both us and them have every reason to be confident.

[quote user="jjj45"]Yeah, it is a stark contrast to the usual pessimism.

but think about...we're in the playoffs. We were obviously good enough to get this far.

Both us and the 49ers fans each think their team will win. And why not? We are both in the NFC title game. With a chance to go to the Superbowl.

Both us and them have every reason to be confident.
    [/quote]

LOL that pic is great.

I'm 100% with the OP......forget it being the playoffs.....this is football.....I like the Giant team that has been showing up since the Jets game but one week prior to that they laid a HUGE egg against the Skins......I'm hoping, pulling and praying the same team from last week shows up and they destroy the Niners but I'd be crazy to make such a prediction because no team has been more consistent all year than the Niners......tough D.....offense clicking.....if the Giants are a bit off it could be a lot tougher than most fans and analysts expect.

This team historically doesn't perform well with high expectations.......see 2008......this year alone in games againstSeahawks, banged up Eagles, Skins twice......it's when their back are against the wall and no one gives them a shot that they play their best football......see 2007.....this year at Dallas, up in NE, last week against GB.......

[quote user="BlueJayC"]

I'm 100% with the OP......forget it being the playoffs.....this is football.....I like the Giant team that has been showing up since the Jets game but one week prior to that they laid a HUGE egg against the Skins......I'm hoping, pulling and praying the same team from last week shows up and they destroy the Niners but I'd be crazy to make such a prediction because no team has been more consistent all year than the Niners......tough D.....offense clicking.....if the Giants are a bit off it could be a lot tougher than most fans and analysts expect.

This team historically doesn't perform well with high expectations.......see 2008......this year alone in games againstSeahawks, banged up Eagles, Skins twice......it's when their back are against the wall and no one gives them a shot that they play their best football......see 2007.....this year at Dallas, up in NE, last week against GB.......

[/quote]

See thats just where some of us differ. Why would you be crazy? You're a fan, you're confidence or opinion has no effect on the outcome. You're not a sports writer trying be remain un-biased. Let your hair down, enjoy the breeze, etc...

[quote user="BigBluePoint"]
    I told my wife last night that almost every Giants fan I've talked to or read on this board has more swag and bravado than Antrel Rolle.

Everyone thinks we are gong to win going away Sunday night. I've never seen or heard anything like it, especially from tried-and-true Giants fans who have been let down more than a couple of times during our illustrious history.

I hate to be a wet dish towel. But I am expecting a tough game and will feel very fortunate if we win.

Granted, I was always one of the those kids in school who said I thought I did ok on a test and I ended up acing it, but...

Remember 2007-08 when we made our run for the Lombardy trophy. I wasn't sure we could win any game (even the Tampa game) and was like so pleasantly surprised when we did win. I was almost relieved and took a deep breath with every win.

That's what made our ultimate victory against the Pats so damn sweet. I thought we had a chance, but I didn't really think we could do it.

Tell me honestly that you didn't feel the same way. Even when Plaxico caught the TD pass that put us ahead, I was scared of Brady and what that offense could still do,

I have quite confidence in our team this year. I love the run we are on and want to take it right to the winner's podium in Indy.

But I am not expecting to kill the Niners. I have quiet confidence in our team and will be very disappointed if they lose.

I'll eat crow (talons, beak and all) if I am wrong. But this will be no cakewalk like many are predicting. It's going to be a tough, tough game and I, for one, will feel blessed to come out with a win!

[/quote]

Dude we are going to ROLL over the Wniners. Check out the SIG. ITs from last weeks prediction. I came so close to the real score. i thought i would just leave it up. Has a nice ring to it.

Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[quote user="Firenugget"]See thats just where some of us differ. Why would you be crazy? You're a fan, you're confidence or opinion has no effect on the outcome. You're not a sports writer trying be remain un-biased. Let your hair down, enjoy the breeze, etc...
    [/quote]

I wish I had the hair to let down......last time I made a prediction it was for a Giants blowout in the Skins game and we all know how that went......too superstitious to start making predictions now.......so I will be in the same place as I was for the '07-'08 NFC Championship game......freezing my ***** off watching the game outside in my friend's backyard......

This has more I's in itthan tiki.