+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Loving the negativity (Usually means good things are ahead)

I agree, Sunday 11/20 we embarrassed the **** out of ourselves...... Hurt as bad as last years loss to Philly. BUT.......

This negativity is what drives this team! We need to STAY NEGATIVE!!!!!! I was sick to my stomach seeing all the overly optimistic Giants fans around.....

In 07, the year we won the super bowl, we had some embarrassing losses....

Week 1 @ Dallas 45-35
    Week 2 vs Pack 35-13

Every fan and media member hated on us. We were terrible. We were embarrassing.

We then went on a roll and won 6 straight to 6-2.... We were playing great ball.

Everyone was back on the bandwagon and over confident again. Then week 10, at HOME against the Cowboys, the division seemed to be on the line and we crap the bed. LOSE 31-20.

Everyone hated us again, fans were pissed. What do we do? Go on the road against a bad Lions team and barely sneak out a win. 16-10. People back off us a bit... Fans back off a bit.... but we are now at 7-3 and once again feeling "confident."

Then comes week 12. Home against a very average/bad Vikings team. Fans are once again happy about 7-3 and we get crushed. Lose at home to a terrible Vikings team 41-17. Playoff hopes are dim. Fans get pissed. We are back to 7-4, very similar to this year. With the negativity comes........

Two wins against the Bears and Eagles, but the playoffs are still in question. We are 9-4. Easy home game coming up against pitful Washington. Fans are again over confident and.........

We lose at home 22-10!!!! WHAT? at home against the horrible redskins with the playoffs on the line? We lose and it wasnt even really close........

Everyone hates us again. Coughlin is about to be fired. Everyone is pissed. All time low on the boards and amongst the fans. Playoffs are now looking very dim... Negativity is in full go..... And what happens?

We regroup and beat the Bills to lock our playoff chances up.

Bottom line - This team has a long ways to go, but its not over yet. We as the fans need to all realize DONT GET TOO HIGH ON THIS TEAM!!!!!!!!! 2007 was the most up and down season of all time. We by no means looked like a contender. We had to beat 3 teams during our run that all worked us during the regular season. We were 0-4 against those teams. This kept the negativity around. It came from both the fans and the media.....

But we go on to almost beat the Pats week 17. Fans still didnt believe. Then we beat the Bucs in first round. Fans still didnt believe because we had to go @ Dallas against a team that already beat us twice. Negativity stays, We win!

Then we have to go @ the Pack who also dismantled us in the regular season, negativity stays, we win.

Then the Super Bowl, everyone was just happy to be there, hoping for the best, hoping we kept it close. ZERO over confidence on anyones part. Everyone still doubted. WE WIN!

Last weekend made me very nervous. I bet 50 on the eagles winning and it paid out nice. But dont we learn? The overconfidence kills this team!

Lets all make a promise. No matter what happens the next 3 weeks. STAY HUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the NFL! Anybody can beat anybody! Especially division games!

I mean honestly, where did all this shock come from? We lost to the Seahawks and Redskins already this year. I promise you the team we played yesterday (even without Vick and Maclin) was more talented then the Redskins and the Seahawks....

WHEN WILL WE LEARN???????????????

The only time this team has played well as the favorites was through 13 weeks in 2008. We all know how that ended.....

Re: Loving the negativity (Usually means good things are ahead)

They are done.

Actually all I really wanted was to sweep those ****ing *******s in philly.

but we failed.........again.

season could end tomorrow for all I care.....

When we lose the next two in blowouts yea I will come back and say
    "Fire Tom"

the negativity will lead to good things ahead? You mean like last year? Oh wait...

[quote user="funkybudda"]the negativity will lead to good things ahead? You mean like last year? Oh wait...
    [/quote]

Seriously . These people try and pass of those who are pissed off as crazy .... I am sorry but we are the ones who lived through the collapses . Everyone else is in denial

[quote user="NYfanatic"]When we lose the next two in blowouts yea I will come back and say
    "Fire Tom"
    [/quote]

I can't see them beating the Saints or Green Bay. There is a good chance that Coughlin's Tenure is over.
    "In Reese, We No Longer Trust"

[quote user="Rusty192"]Actually all I really wanted was to sweep those ****ing *******s in philly. but we failed.........again. season could end tomorrow for all I care.....[/quote]

I hear you there I hate losing to them butforget them, Eagles they are not going anywhere this year. At least we have a chance to make the playoffs.

The Gigalo with the most below

way to bring up 07

what about 08 - 09 or 10?

All-Pro

Oh great. Another 2007 reference.