+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Ginn Sunday.

No Ginn Sunday.

Ted Ginn - WR - 49ers

49ers KR Ted Ginn (knee) missed practice Friday for a third straight day.

Ginn is expected to be inactive for Sunday's NFC title game versus the Giants. Expect Kendall Hunter to return kickoffs and Kyle Williams to handle punts.

Hes good KR that wont be missed.
    ALL IN!

Re: No Ginn Sunday.

Still can't sleep. Kyle Williams is FAST.

Hunter is talented though he won't be bad in relief

Thats perfect, now they only have 1 WR.... NFL Live says its gonna be a game time decision
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

If this sticks it is great news. Ginn gives them amazing field position on every kick off. And this match up is going to be won in part by field position.

Isn't he their #2 or #3 WR?

[quote user="Kase-1"]Thats perfect, now they only have 1 WR.... NFL Live says its gonna be a game time decision
    [/quote]

They still have Joe Hastings and Brett Swain along with Crabtree

Veteran

[quote user="Tuckit91"]
    Ted Ginn - WR - 49ers

49ers KR Ted Ginn (knee) missed practice Friday for a third straight day.

Ginn is expected to be inactive for Sunday's NFC title game versus the Giants. Expect Kendall Hunter to return kickoffs and Kyle Williams to handle punts.

Hes good KR that wont be missed.

[/quote]

Williams is definitely a threat but I have more confidence in Weatherford keeping it away from him on puntsthan I have Tynes keeping it away from Ginn on kickoffs ona sloppy field and in raw, damp weatherconditions .

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

All-Pro

that could be very big ... one area where the 49ers have an absolute huge advantage is STs, but with Ginn out that might reduce their ST advantage to simply Akers v. Tynes, since Weatherford and our cover teams have been very good as well

and maybe more importantly, less experienced returners can equate to fumbles/muffs ... not that i trust our guys that much either, but this def. levels things out a bit

All-Pro

[quote user="G-Man67"]that could be very big ... one area where the 49ers have an absolute huge advantage is STs, but with Ginn out that might reduce their ST advantage to simply Akers v. Tynes, since Weatherford and our cover teams have been very good as well

and maybe more importantly, less experienced returners can equate to fumbles/muffs ... not that i trust our guys that much either, but this def. levels things out a bit[/quote]

bump, we got a fumble and a muff and not to gloat and i don't like to celebrate it, b/c i don't like anything that takes away from our victories, but i made a rust factor post prior to GB