+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: These guys fall to us: Jenkins, DeCastro, Kuechly, & L.Miller

These guys fall to us: Jenkins, DeCastro, Kuechly, & L.Miller

So we are picking late (of course) in the 1st Round. These top 20 guys fall to us; they're the "best availble."

Janoris Jenkins, CB, Florida

David DeCastro, G, Stanford

Luke Kuechly, ILB, Boston Coll

Lamar Miller, RB, Miami

Who do you pick and why?

Note: I don't think any crazy current top 10 guys like Coples, Blackmon, Richardson, Kalil, etc will fall far. But this array of top 30 guys right here are possible, and they are intriguing as it applies to the Giants. If we had this on Day 1, and are rated then as they are now, it would be crazy to have this choice.

Re: These guys fall to us: Jenkins, DeCastro, Kuechly, & L.Miller

I love Kuechly, incredible instincts, I mean just incredible, but I think Herzlich or Jones can become pretty good. Regardless, he can be our SAM for the next 5+ years.

Look at Chicago, average on the back end, Peppers and everyone else on the DL, but Urlacher and Briggs make them consistently solid. Plus, Kuechly, Herz/Jones, Boley/Williams is potentially scary good.

I do really like Lamar Miller though.

kuechly,miller,decastro in that order......along with Kuechly I include Brown & Teo......I'm not big on a RB in the 1st, rather someone like David Wilson,montee ball,Cyrus gray,Chris Polk,Doug Martin anywhere from 2nd-3rd......

& Jenkins? I assume jenoris Jenkins.....he's already shown he's nothing but trouble & enough of a ******* to blow his shot at a major program and has spent the last year not playing real football.......I highly doubt he goes in the 1st, he'd have to have a unbelievable workout & possibly become a priest prior to the draft to change anyone's mind...

Barring some major good or bad combine, at best, only a couple of those guys are even going to be 1st rounders.

Kuechly is my favorite of those listed.

Barring some major good or bad combine, at best, only a couple of those guys are even going to be 1st rounders.

Kuechly is my favorite of those listed.

Veteran

[quote user="flimflam"]So we are picking late (of course) in the 1st Round. These top 20 guys fall to us; they're the "best availble."

Janoris Jenkins, CB, Florida

David DeCastro, G, Stanford

Luke Kuechly, ILB, Boston Coll

Lamar Miller, RB, Miami

Who do you pick and why?

Note: I don't think any crazy current top 10 guys like Coples, Blackmon, Richardson, Kalil, etc will fall far. But this array of top 30 guys right here are possible, and they are intriguing as it applies to the Giants. If we had this on Day 1, and are rated then as they are now, it would be crazy to have this choice.[/quote]

1) DeCastro
    2) Kuechly
    3) Janoris Jenkins
    4) Miller

First off, I think the O-line needs the most immediate attention.

Kuechly is my favorite among those, but I think he could be had in the 2nd. Great football players with average athleticism generally don't go in the 1st unless they're QB's.

Likewise, I love Jenkins as a CB. He's the only guy to shut down AJ Green, Julio Jones, and Alshon Jeffery. That's stud skill right there. However, between his size (or lack thereof), and discipline problems, I could see him falling a long ways. Also, I think Reese could bring Ross and TT24 both back next year (although, Ross could be expensive). Between Webby, Ross, TT, Prince, and Tryon, CB is NOT a problem.

I don't want to spend a 1st on a RB unless Richardson gets caught smoking something and falls. Otherwise, its just not worth it. Like I've said before: A Great O-Line will make a mediocre RB into a ProBowl RB. A ProBowl RB behind a pathetic line won't do diddly (as we've seen this year). I'd rather get LaMicheal James in the 2nd or 3rd.

Thanks for the comments guys. I picked those 4 to list because they seemed intriguing, a possibility for us if we pick in the late teens or 20's. Also, They could be areas of need except for CB.

I listed Jenkins because he is one CB who I think could keep up with and shut down DeShean Jackson. That alone could net us 2 games a year!

DeCastro is an obvious choice. The top 3 stud tackles will most likely be gone by the time we pick. Decastro cold really solidify our O-line.

I put Lamar Miller up there solely because our ground game stinks, and if BJ is let go, our depth will be thin.

Kuechly is a perfect fit for this Giants team. We'd have a new field general leading the defense, and an absolute tackling machine in the middle again, clogging up the porous run D we have seen all year. I would not chance him being in 2nd round if he was there when we picked.

[quote user="flimflam"]So we are picking late (of course) in the 1st Round. These top 20 guys fall to us; they're the "best availble." Janoris Jenkins, CB, Florida David DeCastro, G, Stanford Luke Kuechly, ILB, Boston Coll Lamar Miller, RB, Miami Who do you pick and why? Note: I don't think any crazy current top 10 guys like Coples, Blackmon, Richardson, Kalil, etc will fall far. But this array of top 30 guys right here are possible, and they are intriguing as it applies to the Giants. If we had this on Day 1, and are rated then as they are now, it would be crazy to have this choice.[/quote]with the current state of our O-line, I would take DeCastro if he is sitting there when we pick in the 1st rd. Now Kuechly would be my 2nd choice of the 4. Goff will be coming off ACL surgery and is a FA. I don't know how Greg Jones will pan out as a future mike backer for us.

Jenkins has some baggage that would be a concern to me, though he has some skills. And as for our run game, I could see the Giants going after another RB in the 2nd or 3rd rd. I think Jacobs time has passed and could be cut after this season. Like another poster mentioned, I would not mind a Chris Polk or Montee Ball in the 2nd or 3rd rd.

A player that interests me in rd 1, should he be there and the Giants dare to pull the trigger in rd 1 would be Peter Konz, the center from Wisconsin. Maybe Baas would be better suited at LG instead of C?

Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

Veteran

Keuchly or DeCastro but I haven't watched enough of them to give an opinion.

I really want us to go after Zach Brown in the 1st. Ridiculous athlete but is also a good football player. 90 tackles, 5.5 sacks, 2 INTs, and 2 FF this year. Runs a 6.72 sec 60m (Usain Bolt 6.43) which probably equates to 4.4 or 4.5.

well we might have a 12 to 16 pick...and if he is there..take Teo..LB for notre dame

+ Reply to Thread