+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bench Player

Interesting fact on the radio

They were talking about if a team beats the super bowl champion in the playoffs, they are 0-14 in the next playoff game all time. May not mean anything, was just an interesting fact thought I'd share.

Re: Interesting fact on the radio

make that 1-14

Veteran

The Giants like being the first to do things. No one ever knocked out a 15-1 in the divisional round before last week so the Giants are good at being the first at doing things.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

[quote user="wyogiant77"]They were talking about if a team beats the super bowl champion in the playoffs, they are 0-14 in the next playoff game all time. May not mean anything, was just an interesting fact thought I'd share.[/quote]

What "radio" station might that have been??

Bench Player

I think it was Cowherd's show, but the guy giving the info was from Caesar's Palace. He was giving out some information on the line and spreads and why they are what they are.

[quote user="wyogiant77"]I think it was Cowherd's show, but the guy giving the info was from Caesar's Palace. He was giving out some information on the line and spreads and why they are what they are.[/quote]

I ask because we've had some really unsavory SF posters here and we're doing our best to weed them out as they appear. You're a really new poster and it's a little odd that you would put out a stat like that since it favors the niners.

You know, wolf in sheep's clothing issue

Bench Player

Yeah I lost my original name when the board switched. I tried to send myself the password to it, but I am not receiving it at any of the email addresses I wouldve used.

[quote user="calzonesays"]make that 1-14
    [/quote]
    This.

. Here's some others we can break Sunday:

We are a team that ends streaks and that is just another we will end Sunday.

NFC West has beaten East teams 8 times in a row in playoffs

Niners have not lost at home in 4 months.

In past 10 years the NFC has been represented in SB by 10 different teams.

Now here are some we already broke.........

We ended an 18-0 and 23/24 streak Pats had going when we beat them in SB.

Earlier this year we went into NE where they had not lost back to back games in 2 years+

In that same game we ended a 20 game Home winning streak that Brady had going.

We beat a 15-1 Defending SB Champ in first round. Never happened before. Counting prior yr GB had won 21/22 games before we beat em Sunday.

We caused 4 fumbles in one game when they only had 6 in 16 games

We stopped a 13-0 Broncos team in 98 when we only had a mediocre 8-8 team.

So I am not worried about what was said on radio. Although it is note worthy. That 14 game streak must go back quite a number of years. Dd he happen to hear how far back it goes, so when we break it Sunday we will know how old the streak was. Lol
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[quote user="wyogiant77"]Yeah I lost my original name when the board switched. I tried to send myself the password to it, but I am not receiving it at any of the email addresses I wouldve used.[/quote]

The Boards haven't switched yet. What was your original name?

Oh really?

When the Giants BEAT the 49ers in the 1990 (Jan 1991) NFC Title game, the 49ers were the 2-time defending Super Bowl Champions and the Giants WON THE NEXT GAME in Super Bowl XXV over the Bills...so much for the accuracy of that stat!