+ Reply to Thread
    Veteran

Empire State Building is red and gold not blue!

Some funny business going on with the empire state building tonight. I read that Tyree will be lighting it blue tonight but on my way home and being that I have a constant view of the building due to whereI live (Edgewater, NJarea), I see the red and gold and not the blue. Not pleased about this at all! Defintiely funny business going on.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Re: Empire State Building is red and gold not blue!

[quote user="repeatchamps"]Some funny business going on with the empire state building tonight. I read that Tyree will be lighting it blue tonight but on my way home and being that I have a constant view of the building due to where*I live (Edgewater, NJ*area), I see the red and gold and not the blue. Not pleased about this at all! Defintiely funny business going on.[/quote]It was lit the same color 2 weeks ago

Veteran

[quote user="hungrrrry"][quote user="repeatchamps"]Some funny business going on with the empire state building tonight. I read that Tyree will be lighting it blue tonight but on my way home and being that I have a constant view of the building due to whereI live (Edgewater, NJarea), I see the red and gold and not the blue. Not pleased about this at all! Defintiely funny business going on.[/quote]It was lit the same color 2 weeks ago[/quote]

Via Garafolo's twitter,after I brought this to his attention by the way, he tweeted that it is these colors for the Lunar New Year which is tonight. PR folks for the lightings stated that it will be blue tomorrow and Sunday.

2 weeks ago today it was all blue. Ballard did the honors that night which was the Friday before the Falcons game.

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Welcome your new Chinese masters with respect.

Veteran

[quote user="Firenugget"]Welcome your new Chinese masters with respect.
    [/quote]

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...tm_term=%23nyg

Lol. Yes I am responsible for this article by Garafolo.

Bench Player

Chinese New Year is on Monday. I don't know why they have it lit those colors today. The Empire state will be blue for the next 2 days. http://www.esbnyc.com/current_events_tower_lights.asp

Go Giants!

[quote user="repeatchamps"]Some funny business going on with the empire state building tonight. I read that Tyree will be lighting it blue tonight but on my way home and being that I have a constant view of the building due to whereI live (Edgewater, NJarea), I see the red and gold and not the blue. Not pleased about this at all! Defintiely funny business going on.[/quote]

You must have been looking at the wrong building. I passed by the Empire State Building on the way home from work and the entire upper structure is bathed in blue!

Veteran

[quote user="BK07071"][quote user="repeatchamps"]Some funny business going on with the empire state building tonight. I read that Tyree will be lighting it blue tonight but on my way home and being that I have a constant view of the building due to whereI live (Edgewater, NJarea), I see the red and gold and not the blue. Not pleased about this at all! Defintiely funny business going on.[/quote]

You must have been looking at the wrong building. I passed by the Empire State Building on the way home from work and the entire upper structure is bathed in blue!
    [/quote]

This was taken this evening per the article I linked inmy abovereply:

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/01/giants_david_tyree_lights_up_e.html?utm_source=twi tterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_term=%23nyg

View full sizeThe Empire State Building is seen from the Jersey City waterfront tonight.

Veteran

[quote user="repeatchamps"]

[quote user="BK07071"][quote user="repeatchamps"]Some funny business going on with the empire state building tonight. I read that Tyree will be lighting it blue tonight but on my way home and being that I have a constant view of the building due to whereI live (Edgewater, NJarea), I see the red and gold and not the blue. Not pleased about this at all! Defintiely funny business going on.[/quote]

[/quote]

This was taken this evening per the article I linked inmy abovereply:

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/01/giants_david_tyree_lights_up_e.html?utm_source=twi tterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_term=%23nyg

View full sizeThe Empire State Building is seen from the Jersey City waterfront tonight.

[/quote]

And here is a live webcam. Don't know what you are looking at dude.

http://www.webviews.co.uk/network/ca...ng,webcam.html