+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Hey Osi....

Re: Hey Osi....

[quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="NYSPORTS"]I think Dallas needs a QB as bad as they need the other cities in the NFC to exist.

Let's face it, Dallas is small town and an artificial brand riding the coattails of real cities.[/quote]

Dallas is a small major city, agreed. But it's the anchor of the metropolitan area that's 3rd largest in the NFL. Of course it's behind New York and Chicago, but it more than holds it's own. Artificial brand riding? I don't get it...
    [/quote]
    Its people like you that give Dallas a good name...while The diablo or whatever give it a bad name.
    But kudos to the boys today. They won and it seems the luck is shifting from the giants to the cowboys....

Bench Player

[quote user="NYfanatic"][quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="NYSPORTS"]I think Dallas needs a QB as bad as they need the other cities in the NFC to exist.

Let's face it, Dallas is small town and an artificial brand riding the coattails of real cities.[/quote]

Dallas is a small major city, agreed. But it's the anchor of the metropolitan area that's 3rd largest in the NFL. Of course it's behind New York and Chicago, but it more than holds it's own. Artificial brand riding? I don't get it...
    [/quote]
    Its people like you that give Dallas a good name...while The diablo or whatever give it a bad name.
    But kudos to the boys today. They won and it seems the luck is shifting from the giants to the cowboys....
    [/quote]

How do I give Dallas a bad name? I was asking about Osi...Wake up dude!!!

All-Pro

[quote user="SiCk_DiAbLo"][quote user="NYSPORTS"]It's easy to come up with, look at Romo's ringless hand. Thank goodness for that Hershal Walker deal though. If not for that trade, the Cowboys might only have 1 playoff win since 1980.[/quote]

Dude you act if Romo was a number ONE pick..Romo was undrafted...Did you expect more from him?
    [/quote]lol.. you dont expect more from him?

Bench Player

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="SiCk_DiAbLo"][quote user="NYSPORTS"]It's easy to come up with, look at Romo's ringless hand. Thank goodness for that Hershal Walker deal though. If not for that trade, the Cowboys might only have 1 playoff win since 1980.[/quote]

Dude you act if Romo was a number ONE pick..Romo was undrafted...Did you expect more from him?
    [/quote]lol.. you dont expect more from him?[/quote]

I'm happy what he's doing...7-4

He was held to 57 yards when you take away that 60 yard run with 1:00 left in the game.

A lot better than the pukes did in their 34-7 loss to the same team, giving up 239 yards.

The Giants actually did a very good job stopping the run against San Fran and Philly -- they just couldn't stop anything else.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Veteran

[quote user="SiCk_DiAbLo"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="SiCk_DiAbLo"][quote user="NYSPORTS"]It's easy to come up with, look at Romo's ringless hand. Thank goodness for that Hershal Walker deal though. If not for that trade, the Cowboys might only have 1 playoff win since 1980.[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah 31 years old, 1 playoff win, not bad...

All-Pro

[quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="SiCk_DiAbLo"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="SiCk_DiAbLo"][quote user="NYSPORTS"]It's easy to come up with, look at Romo's ringless hand. Thank goodness for that Hershal Walker deal though. If not for that trade, the Cowboys might only have 1 playoff win since 1980.[/quote]

[/quote] Yeah 31 years old, 1 playoff win, not bad...[/quote]</P>

Mr Diablo isin the third stage of grieving.. denial.. </P>

Bench Player

[quote user="bandwgn86"]

[quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="SiCk_DiAbLo"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="SiCk_DiAbLo"][quote user="NYSPORTS"]It's easy to come up with, look at Romo's ringless hand. Thank goodness for that Hershal Walker deal though. If not for that trade, the Cowboys might only have 1 playoff win since 1980.[/quote]

[/quote] Yeah 31 years old, 1 playoff win, not bad...[/quote]</p>

Mr Diablo isin the third stage of grieving.. denial.. </p>[/quote]

Nah no grieving, but liking that 7-4...Better then last year!

Banned

And if it wasn't for Norwood missing a FG, Crayton, Fasano and co. dropping good passes by Romo, Patriots DBs dropping multiple picks on Sheli's big drive as well as Tyree's miracle helmet catch, you guys would have ONE ring! We've got FIVE you clown. All double digit victories. No miracles needed. The Herschel trade was not what got us THREE rings in the 90s, it got us a few players - not Aikman, Irvin and a majority of those team's players. Get a clue. Either way, we made good use of those picks, other teams often don't after big trades.

SBs are TEAM accomplishments. Ask Dilfer, Johnson, Williams and Sheli. None of those guys could hold Marino's jock but he "couldn't get it done" either. Get a clue. Romo has had only 2 full seasons healthy. Despite that and only playing parts of his other seasons he has made 3 Pro Bowls and is the 3rd highest rated passer in NFL history. His team's have won 2 NFC East titles and made the playoffs 3 times. Despite playing a good amount of this year with broken ribs he is only behind Brady, Rodgers, and Brees in QB rating. He has 14 come from behind victories in his career (4 this year alone) and has won in the playoffs. Pretty impressive for a guy who has only played the amount of games he has in his career. "Can't get it done" is moronic drivel that people like Sapp and Faulk spew. Enjoy your 3rd straight collapse-at-the-end, no playoffs season in a row. We'll be working on that SIXTH RING punk! LOL!!!

[quote user="Downy Eli"]And if it wasn't for Norwood missing a FG, Crayton, Fasano and co. dropping good passes by Romo, Patriots DBs dropping multiple picks on Sheli's big drive as well as Tyree's miracle helmet catch, you guys would have ONE ring! We've got FIVE you clown. All double digit victories. No miracles needed. The Herschel trade was not what got us THREE rings in the 90s, it got us a few players - not Aikman, Irvin and a majority of those team's players. Get a clue. Either way, we made good use of those picks, other teams often don't after big trades.

SBs are TEAM accomplishments. Ask Dilfer, Johnson, Williams and Sheli. None of those guys could hold Marino's jock but he "couldn't get it done" either. Get a clue. Romo has had only 2 full seasons healthy. Despite that and only playing parts of his other seasons he has made 3 Pro Bowls and is the 3rd highest rated passer in NFL history. His team's have won 2 NFC East titles and made the playoffs 3 times. Despite playing a good amount of this year with broken ribs he is only behind Brady, Rodgers, and Brees in QB rating. He has 14 come from behind victories in his career (4 this year alone) and has won in the playoffs. Pretty impressive for a guy who has only played the amount of games he has in his career. "Can't get it done" is moronic drivel that people like Sapp and Faulk spew. Enjoy your 3rd straight collapse-at-the-end, no playoffs season in a row. We'll be working on that SIXTH RING punk! LOL!!![/quote]

Count those Sb rings... cause the Championship games played before they re-christened it "SUPERBOWL" don't matter huh? Yeah, you better say they don't, cause if you say they do, you better pull off your socks to try adding the Giants wins. However, I didn't start this post to tout our past winnings, I actually would like to agree with a few point's you've made, and dispute a few others.

First, this IS a team sport, agreed. This game cannot be won by the individual. However, it can be lost by the individual. Just ask Romo about a certain botched snap.

Second, Sapp and Faulk spew drivel. Agreed. However, Romo has failed so many times when the BIG game is in his hands, they are 100% correct, to date, about Romo's inability to "Get it done". Unless of course, you count that 1(ONE) playoff win against an Eagles team led by Donovan McNabb.

And finally, Agreed, you'll be working on your sixth ring. Just like you have been since 1996. What's that, 15 years ago? This year will make it 16.... it took what, 14 years just to win a playoff game? At that pace, you'll see a Superbowl in what, 2056, if my math is correct. Enjoy the ride! Punk.

+ Reply to Thread