+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you blow out the 49ers?

Re: How do you blow out the 49ers?

[quote user="SFranciscan"]If Manning has a bad day or leaves early, I think it is pretty much lights-out for the Giants and Smith or Willis are certainly a threat to make that happen.* Ask the Rams' quarterback.* While I think Manning is likely going to play all game, if someone is going to knock him on his back and give him a concussion this year, it would be us (or the Ravens).
    [/quote]

1) Comparing the Giants pass protection to the Rams pass protection is absolutely asisnine.
    2) Smith and Willis already had that chance and got nowhere near Manning.
    3) It's amazing how fans brag about any player on their team being able to knock anyone out anytime (concussion-wise) after one freak knockout to the Saint's running back.last game.

[quote user="pt1028"][quote user="SFranciscan"]If Manning has a bad day or leaves early, I think it is pretty much lights-out for the Giants and Smith or Willis are certainly a threat to make that happen.* Ask the Rams' quarterback.* While I think Manning is likely going to play all game, if someone is going to knock him on his back and give him a concussion this year, it would be us (or the Ravens).
    [/quote]

1) Comparing the Giants pass protection to the Rams pass protection is absolutely asisnine.
    3) It's amazing how fans brag about any player on their team being able to knock anyone out anytime (concussion-wise) after one freak knockout to the Saint's running back.last game.[/quote]

Not to mention it was a helmet to helmet hit. Should have been flagged.

Bench Player

[quote user="TroyArcher"][quote user="theyregood"][quote user="pezman1963"]Same thing ya did to Dallas, Atlanta, and Green Bay,........ Shut down the run game then rush the passer till mistakes are made.
    Keep in mind GB did not turn it over much either till last week.
    [/quote]

But GB beat themselves with dropped passes and allowing Hail Mary TDs, those things dont really happen, just luck.[/quote]

And the Falcon blowout was lucky? Shut their offense out and they have a better QB and offensive weapons than the 49ers. You are a fool.[/quote]

they dont have a running game like the 49ers, and your rushing D is last.

Bench Player

[quote user="TroyArcher"][quote user="pt1028"][quote user="SFranciscan"]If Manning has a bad day or leaves early, I think it is pretty much lights-out for the Giants and Smith or Willis are certainly a threat to make that happen. Ask the Rams' quarterback. While I think Manning is likely going to play all game, if someone is going to knock him on his back and give him a concussion this year, it would be us (or the Ravens).
    [/quote]

3) It's amazing how fans brag about any player on their team being able to knock anyone out anytime (concussion-wise) after one freak knockout to the Saint's running back.last game.[/quote]

Not to mention it was a helmet to helmet hit. Should have been flagged.[/quote]

No, it should not have been. Helmet to helmet hits are 100% legal so long as they are not against a defenseless player. When a RB has the ball and is trying to run up field, he is not defenseless. The NFL reviewed the play and ruled that it was legal.

The 49ers do not play dirty, they just hit hard.

Bench Player

[quote user="theyregood"][quote user="TroyArcher"][quote user="theyregood"][quote user="pezman1963"]Same thing ya did to Dallas, Atlanta, and Green Bay,........ Shut down the run game then rush the passer till mistakes are made.
    [/quote]

But GB beat themselves with dropped passes and allowing Hail Mary TDs, those things dont really happen, just luck.[/quote]

And the Falcon blowout was lucky? Shut their offense out and they have a better QB and offensive weapons than the 49ers. You are a fool.[/quote]

they dont have a running game like the 49ers, and your rushing D is last.[/quote]

Gore got knocked out of the game last time and we did not have a rushing game against New York, so it was pretty much Smith versus Manning and Smith came out on top.

[quote user="theyregood"][quote user="TroyArcher"][quote user="theyregood"][quote user="pezman1963"]Same thing ya did to Dallas, Atlanta, and Green Bay,........ Shut down the run game then rush the passer till mistakes are made.
    [/quote]

they dont have a running game like the 49ers, and your rushing D is last.[/quote]

So were the Giants lucky to beat the Falcons who do have a very good running game. Have you heard of Michael Turner, he is better than your guy. You don't have a WR that would even start for the Falcons and Matt Ryan is a better QB than Smith. I will give you Vernon Davis over Tony Gonzales but not by much. I have seen many 49er fans this week state that your o-line is a weak spot so where exactly is the 49er offense better than the Falcons who the Giants shut out two weeks ago.

[quote user="SFranciscan"][quote user="theyregood"][quote user="TroyArcher"][quote user="theyregood"][quote user="pezman1963"]Same thing ya did to Dallas, Atlanta, and Green Bay,........ Shut down the run game then rush the passer till mistakes are made.
    [/quote]

Gore got knocked out of the game last time and we did not have a rushing game against New York, so it was pretty much Smith versus Manning and Smith came out on top.*
    [/quote]

If you want to take Smith over Eli good luck with that.

Bench Player

[quote user="TroyArcher"][quote user="SFranciscan"][quote user="theyregood"][quote user="TroyArcher"][quote user="theyregood"][quote user="pezman1963"]Same thing ya did to Dallas, Atlanta, and Green Bay,........ Shut down the run game then rush the passer till mistakes are made.
    [/quote]

Gore got knocked out of the game last time and we did not have a rushing game against New York, so it was pretty much Smith versus Manning and Smith came out on top.
    [/quote]

If you want to take Smith over Eli good luck with that.[/quote]

Are Smith and Eli going to be throwing the ball through a little hoop downfield to see who makes it in the most times? Because, if they changed the NFL rules for scoring points to making free-throws, then I might be inclined to take Eli.

As for non-fantasy football, I'll take Smith and the 49ers offense against the Giants defense over Eli and the Giants offense over the 49ers defense.

[quote user="SFranciscan"][quote user="TroyArcher"][quote user="SFranciscan"][quote user="theyregood"][quote user="TroyArcher"][quote user="theyregood"][quote user="pezman1963"]Same thing ya did to Dallas, Atlanta, and Green Bay,........ Shut down the run game then rush the passer till mistakes are made.
    [/quote]

Gore got knocked out of the game last time and we did not have a rushing game against New York, so it was pretty much Smith versus Manning and Smith came out on top.*
    [/quote]

Are Smith and Eli going to be throwing the ball through a little hoop downfield to see who makes it in the most times?* Because, if they changed the NFL rules for scoring points to making free-throws, then I might be inclined to take Eli.

As for non-fantasy football, I'll take Smith and the 49ers offense against the Giants defense over Eli and the Giants offense over the 49ers defense.*
    [/quote]

I guess you have not been watching the Giants defense the past 4 weeks. They have been dominating. Eli is a much better QB that Smith at this time and has a much better chance of winning the game if it comes down to that. Eli has been through this before and I have a feeling Smith is a little nervous today.

Bench Player

[quote user="TroyArcher"][quote user="SFranciscan"][quote user="TroyArcher"][quote user="SFranciscan"][quote user="theyregood"][quote user="TroyArcher"][quote user="theyregood"][quote user="pezman1963"]Same thing ya did to Dallas, Atlanta, and Green Bay,........ Shut down the run game then rush the passer till mistakes are made.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Are Smith and Eli going to be throwing the ball through a little hoop downfield to see who makes it in the most times? Because, if they changed the NFL rules for scoring points to making free-throws, then I might be inclined to take Eli.

As for non-fantasy football, I'll take Smith and the 49ers offense against the Giants defense over Eli and the Giants offense over the 49ers defense.
    [/quote]

I guess you have not been watching the Giants defense the past 4 weeks. They have been dominating. Eli is a much better QB that Smith at this time and has a much better chance of winning the game if it comes down to that. Eli has been through this before and I have a feeling Smith is a little nervous today.[/quote]

I think Smith is probably less nervous today because he knows that with Gore healthy, we will have a running game. I grant you that the Giants are a much healthier, better team than the last time they came to Candlestick but so are the 49ers, so I think those advantages offset.

If the game is as close as analysts are predicting, I would take David Akers over Eli Manning. Not only can he score from fifty yards without too much of a sweat but he has a better pass completion record than Manning.

+ Reply to Thread