+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HOF..Eli?

Bench Player

HOF..Eli?

If Eli wins this super bowl, do we start to talk HOF? or we have to see what his career looks like in the end? Just a question.

Veteran

Re: HOF..Eli?

No question in my mind. Yes Eli is a HOFer. But I don't get to vote.
    WIN GIANTS!! WIN IT ALL!!

[quote user="elitime"]If Eli wins this super bowl, do we start to talk HOF? or we have to see what his career looks like in the end? Just a question.[/quote]

it will help his case immensely, along with keeping these 4,000 yard seasons 20+ TD and mid teen int seasons.
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

This is way too early to bring such an issue up, but it is easy to see a good argument would be made if he kept such numbers up for a few more years. Another championship would certainly help, but already having one along with great career stats and winning teams can only help his cause. Eli is certainly in a favorable situation here, considering his constantly improving stats and command of the team. Another Super Bowl may not guarantee him a place in the hall, but it will certainly make it difficult for the selection committee to not consider him.

Eli wil be in the HOF regardless if he wins Sun or even another SB. His progression every year will put him into the league leaders for all time stats when his career ends in maybe another 7 years. Eli doesn't miss games ever so in another 7 years his numbers will be incredible.

[quote user="Bohemian"]This is way too early to bring such an issue up, but it is easy to see a good argument would be made if he kept such numbers up for a few more years. Another championship would certainly help, but already having one along with great career stats and winning teams can only help his cause. Eli is certainly in a favorable situation here, considering his constantly improving stats and command of the team. Another Super Bowl may not guarantee him a place in the hall, but it will certainly make it difficult for the selection committee to not consider him.
    [/quote]
    Are you nuts!!! If Eli wins a 2nd SB he is an absolute lock probably 1st ballot.

Bench Player

Only time will tell.. But with three back to back to back 4000 yard seasons.. A superbowl win against arguably the most dominant team in NFL history, and with a chance to go back to the big game? I would say yes.

I think if he wins the super bowl this year he's a lock for the HoF.
    The Gigalo with the most below

[quote user="Martyr"]I think if he wins the super bowl this year he's a lock for the HoF.[/quote]

i think he'll be a lock even w/o another sb. but if he gets that second? 2 in 4 years? with being one of 5 players all time with 6 now 7 straight 3000+yard 20+td seasons...fuggetaboudit

if he can keep this level of play, which he's done since the 07 playoff run, for another 3 or 4 years and 2 sb? first ballot.

i still believe that with him at qb, this team could end up winning 4 or 5 when alls said and done.

eli=top 5 best big game qb of all time.

[quote user="GmenFan1980"][quote user="elitime"]If Eli wins this super bowl, do we start to talk HOF? or we have to see what his career looks like in the end? Just a question.[/quote]

it will help his case immensely, along with keeping these 4,000 yard seasons 20+ TD and mid teen int seasons.[/quote]
    Agreed. And another SB or 2 to tie or beat Brady would also help
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***