+ Reply to Thread

Thread: gilbride

Veteran

gilbride

Can we give some kudos to Kevin Gilbride?? Maybe, its mentioned somewhere, but heck of a job there, kevin

Re: gilbride

bout time he wised up and stayed aggressive with a lead dontcha think?
    #80 Get Well Soon

Veteran

agree, if the run is shut down early, let elite eli and the elite receivers take over..

Bench Player

[quote user="dinz"]agree, if the run is shut down early, let* elite eli and the elite receivers take over..[/quote]no u stay with the run even if it is shut down.....stick with it and it will eventually work..just dont come out running on second and long save the runs for when its first down and short yards...to many times this year has his play calling been screwed especially on first down

gilbride all year has never given the running game a chance.....

[quote user="hellacheap"][quote user="dinz"]agree, if the run is shut down early, let* elite eli and the elite receivers take over..[/quote]no u stay with the run even if it is shut down.....stick with it and it will eventually work..just dont come out running on second and long save the runs for when its first down and short yards...to many times this year has his play calling been screwed especially on first down

gilbride all year has never given the running game a chance.....[/quote]

huh?? we've passed like 13 times more than we've run on the season. i actually wish KG would have gone to the pass more than he has this year. imo, he's stuck with the run too much when it hasnt worked at all

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="hellacheap"][quote user="dinz"]agree, if the run is shut down early, let* elite eli and the elite receivers take over..[/quote]no u stay with the run even if it is shut down.....stick with it and it will eventually work..just dont come out running on second and long save the runs for when its first down and short yards...to many times this year has his play calling been screwed especially on first down

huh?? we've passed like 13 times more than we've run on the season. i actually wish KG would have gone to the pass more than he has this year. imo, he's stuck with the run too much when it hasnt worked at all[/quote]Just to play devil's advocate, there probably are times when Eli audibles a play into a run because he thinks he sees something with the defense but it doesn't work. My issue with Gilbride and the run are the plays he uses. Draw play with DJ Ware? Outside runs with Jacobs? I mean, yeah, they work SOMETIMES but not nearly enough to justify the amount that he has them used.

[quote user="TheEnigma"][quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="hellacheap"][quote user="dinz"]agree, if the run is shut down early, let* elite eli and the elite receivers take over..[/quote]no u stay with the run even if it is shut down.....stick with it and it will eventually work..just dont come out running on second and long save the runs for when its first down and short yards...to many times this year has his play calling been screwed especially on first down

huh?? we've passed like 13 times more than we've run on the season. i actually wish KG would have gone to the pass more than he has this year. imo, he's stuck with the run too much when it hasnt worked at all[/quote]Just to play devil's advocate, there probably are times when Eli audibles a play into a run because he thinks he sees something with the defense but it doesn't work. My issue with Gilbride and the run are the plays he uses. Draw play with DJ Ware? Outside runs with Jacobs? I mean, yeah, they work SOMETIMES but not nearly enough to justify the amount that he has them used.[/quote]
    +1 i agree. it isnt when he's calling the run, its the run plays he is calling.

[quote user="hellacheap"][quote user="dinz"]agree, if the run is shut down early, let* elite eli and the elite receivers take over..[/quote]no u stay with the run even if it is shut down.....stick with it and it will eventually work..just dont come out running on second and long save the runs for when its first down and short yards...to many times this year has his play calling been screwed especially on first down

+1
    "In Reese, We No Longer Trust"

gilbride all year has never given the running game a chance.....[/quote]Don't forget that passing the ball has more options than the run so it is best that the Giants stay with their plans unless the weather is too bad to pass the ball a lot. If it is not, then it is not a good thing to run your type of offenses. Football is not about establishing the run but the run and pass. Even if your team is made to run, you still need to pass and if you don't have the receivers to pass the ball efficiently, then you got to get receivers who can get open. Teams that run the ball has got to have a tough defense because the ball can go back to the other team more faster than the pass most of the time.