+ Reply to Thread

Spags to the Saints

The Saints are set hire ex-Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo as defensive coordinator.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...new-orleans-dc

Bench Player

Re: Spags to the Saints

that going a unstopable team in next year or 2

[quote user="pezman1963"]that going a unstopable team in next year or 2
    [/quote]

Maybe wait to see what he does first. Spagnulo had two good years coaching in a major role so far.....thats it.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Thank god he went to them instead of the Iggles.

Veteran

[quote user="pezman1963"]that going a unstopable team in next year or 2
    [/quote]

Maybe, maybe not. Spags, without Jerry Reese's toys, hasn't found success on defense. Nobody was afraid of the Rams defense. He wasn't the DC, but it was his philosophy/scheme - hence why he wanted James Butler on the roster. Butler was a guy who had a strong grasp of the defense Spags ran here. He was good at getting the secondary aligned.

[quote user="BeatYale"][quote user="pezman1963"]that going a unstopable team in next year or 2
    [/quote]

Maybe, maybe not. Spags, without Jerry Reese's toys, hasn't found success on defense. Nobody was afraid of the Rams defense. He wasn't the DC, but it was his philosophy/scheme - hence why he wanted James Butler on the roster. Butler was a guy who had a strong grasp of the defense Spags ran here. He was good at getting the secondary aligned.[/quote]

Aside from Lauranitis and long what talent did spags ever have to work with?!? The gm should have been fired, not spags. The orginzation brought in 0 talent. Seriously if you look at that D it is made up of like 20 giants cast offs. Butler, Robbins, dockers, Dahl all had starting roles.

And also I believe he took that d and had them top 15 twice

I don't mind spags going to the saints as much as I would have is he went to the eagles...he replaced a very good greg williams at DC there which doesn't make the saints a shoe-in for the super bowl if spags doesn't get the proper talent around him.

I am glad that race is over and we can focus on other things like signing Terrel Thomas and other pending FAs