+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-Pro

Does this team 07' it, or 09' it?

Meaning, does this team down the stretch give it their all and go for the gusto? Or do they just sit back and take it up the tailpipe?

Im starting to think they are leaning towards waiving the white flag already.

You know whats sad, is when we were 6-2 and 2 games up in the east, we all still knew this would happen deep down inside.

Now we face the Saints coming off their bye week, then the Packers coming off a Thursday game so they also have extra time to prepare for us.

Sweet baby Jesus.

Veteran

Re: Does this team 07' it, or 09' it?

Using Tuck as a barometer, this team has a 2009 vibe to it.

Giants went from #2 seed contender to "in the hunt" in 2 weeks....hopefully they can bounce back.

But so far, the 2nd half has already been a worst case scenario.... 0-2, injuries mounting again, and Tuck is saying he's not physically able to impact the game. Not good at all.

I don't think our record/play will be as bad as 09.

But its getting harder to see us make the playoffs, especially without a legitimate running game and O-Line.

Veteran

The good news: If the Giants drop the next 2, but then win out the last 4, they most likely win the division.

I haven't seen anything from the Cowboys in the last 2 games to suggest the Giants can't sweep them.

All-Pro

[quote user="JMFP2"]

The good news:* If the Giants drop the next 2, but then win out the last 4, they most likely win the division.

I haven't seen anything from the Cowboys in the last 2 games to suggest the Giants can't sweep them.

[/quote]

The Cowboys don't play anyone else that can beat them besides us though. I think they locked up the playoffs with these lucky wins the last 2 weeks.

All-Pro

I think they get blown out this week and next week as well. That gives them a 4 game losing streak and at that point I expect the locker room will start to talk and it will be another second half collapse. Hope I'm wrong but they give no signs that they have learned from last year or that they have the tools to win.

Last year they talked a good talk and then they fell flat. This year they are talking too. They said the other team wanted it more and they didn't match tge intensity of the other team.

The game might be over by ghe half Monday night. I do hope I'm wrong, but I see nothing good coming afte last weeks game.

Actually, deep down inside, only few people anticipated it. There are people who are vulnerable of being oblivious to the past, year after year, some even try to justify it (I've seen a thread suggesting we've never "collapsed").

I just hope, *** backwards or with fire, we make the playoffs.

this is the 2011 team....

has whole new set of issues and problems. The Giants are the only team that is standing in the way of the Giants.....if they dont beat themsleves they will be ok...

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Veteran

[quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="JMFP2"]

The good news: If the Giants drop the next 2, but then win out the last 4, they most likely win the division.

[/quote] The Cowboys don't play anyone else that can beat them besides us though. I think they locked up the playoffs with these lucky wins the last 2 weeks.[/quote]

Just for argument's sake....if the Giants drop to 6-6 after NO and Green Bay, and then win out the final four, that makes them 10-6.

If the Cowboys win next week, they are 8-4. If they win 2 and then get swept by the Giants, that brings them to 10-6, with the Giants getting head to head.

Obviously, if the Giants come out with "Meadowlands Softness", they will not win against anyone, much less the Cowboys.

Definitely '09.

"It's the same old story, same old song and dance" - Aerosmith