+ Reply to Thread
    Starter

niner's offense on 1st and 2nd down

The traditional way of thinking is "stop the run on first and second down, then release the pass rush on third and long" however, the Niners will often throw on first and second down, when the other team (us) is all geared up to stop the run.
    this is obvious point to many of you, but I felt like mentioning it

All-Pro

Re: niner's offense on 1st and 2nd down

[quote user="plujo"]The traditional way of thinking is "stop the run on first and second down, then release the pass rush on third and long" however, the Niners will often throw on first and second down, when the other team (us) is all geared up to stop the run.
    this is obvious point to many of you, but I felt like mentioning it[/quote]
    Well we came out last game geared up to stop the run and Alex smith came out throwing and caught us off guard. He looked like joe Montana. We need to rattle him early and often
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Re: niner's offense on 1st and 2nd down

[quote user="plujo"]The traditional way of thinking is "stop the run on first and second down, then release the pass rush on third and long" however, the Niners will often throw on first and second down, when the other team (us) is all geared up to stop the run.
    this is obvious point to many of you, but I felt like mentioning it[/quote]

its a good point. SF really likes to take it to you and get themselves in managble downs and distances. they seem to try and use gadget plays and personnel packages to keep the d off balance.

the giants d on 1rst and 2nd down could be more important then their play on 3rd, which is extremely rare