+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

5 most overrated/underrated prospects going into the 2012 draft?

Who are the 5 most overrated and underrated players this draft season?

Here are mine(not in any paticular order)

Overrated
    Ryan Tannehill QB Tex A&m= I really like em last yr but soured on em this past season as he was so inaccurate at times and the decison making was brutal way more often then i'd like to see.. If he were talked about as a late 3rd round/ early 4th i'd probably think diffrently but hes talked about as a 1st rounder and i've seen mocks have em as early as pick like 12 overall which is crazy based on what i saw from him this past season

Quentin Coples DE UNC= Heres a guy with big potential but dosen't play up to that potential nearly enough especially when talking about using a TOP 10pick on the guy.. To risky in my opinion and judged on what i seen on the field i woulden't feel good about taking this guy in top 10 and would feel more comfortable in pick 18-25 range... Football is a game played on emotion and energy and i don't see that enough outta coples

Vontaze Burfict LB Arz St
    = This guys the opitomy of boom or bust.. I def didn't see 1st round talent on the field with burfict this past season ... Just simply to risky with his head case persona and the fact he didn't make enough plays on the field in 2011 to see a first rounder in my opinion.. I think hes vastly overrated..

Coryell Judie CB Tex A&m= Not all my overrated players are from the first round .. Heres a kid in Judie that i watched get torched a couple times early on against good comp and i just can't get it outta my mind.. I can't remember what 2games it was i believe the ARK and OK ST games and at least one of em was one of those 2 and it was so bad i actually posted about it.. I seen a CB who just looked overrmatched and didn't have the greatest technique or idea what he was doing out there.. I see Judie as more of a late 4th /early 5th type CB and most got em in the 3rd rd range with some having 2nd rounder for him.. I'd perfer not even to draft the guy let alone in the 2nd round!

Brandon Thompson DT Clemson
    = I actually called him the invisible man about a handful of times this yr..lol Sure hes solid against the Rush but is way to quiet to often and Clemson's D was dreadful way to often to let anyone other then a playmaker(A Branch) off the hook .. No way a guy who stuffs the run but dosen't make any plays really on a terrible defense is gonna possibly be my 1st round pick!!!lol I think its early to talk thompson in the top of rd 2! I woulden't go with em untill RD 3 the earliest..

Underrated

Casey Hayward CB Vandy
    = This kids insanley good! Like 1st round good! He dosen't have elite speed so some people think hes like a 3rd round pick which is insane! This kids good against the pass and run and makes plays! Hes got enough size and fantastic technique and ball recognition.. I seriouly woulden't be surprised if a Team catches on and takes him in RD 1 or at worst Early RD 2.. I'd take hayward over Alfonzo Dennard all day! He reminds me alot of Janoris Jenkins who is a probably 1st rounder..

Doug martin RB Boise S
    t= A guy i've loved as a prospect for a couple yrs now and have talked about as another ray rice/mjd type for all most as long.. I think that highly of martin.. I think hes underrated just because hes not talked about all that often.. Kinda feels like a afterthought when talking RB's in this yrs draft(its a deep class of backs). All i know is someone will get a sick deal if they get this kid in RD 3!

marvin mcnutt WR Iowa= I think this kid can hold his own against just about every WR in this class and u rarley hear about em.. I see him going after quite a few WR's that i think he'll be just as good as and if not better.. He looks the part with a great size and solid speed for a bigger wr. He reminds me of Kenny Britt

markelle martin S Ok St= I think hes right there with mark barron and lester as the top safety in this yrs class and i woulden't be against taking him early 2nd.. Hes not the biggest safety but is a enforecer in CF that can fly.. He didn't have the gaudiest nums out there but i like his future as a pro and think hes got PRO BOWL potential.. I don't see a HOLE in his game...

Fletcher Cox DT miss s
    t= This dudes crazy strong! I got Cox as the 2nd best DT in this draft and its close to 1st(devon still by a nose).. Cox is a very strong(brute like) penetrating DT.. He can flat out destroy lineman and is gonna be a stud as a pro! I'd be estatic if we end up with Cox in RD1..

Re: 5 most overrated/underrated prospects going into the 2012 draft?

I remember Tannehill being the third round prospect where he belongs. Him moving up has more to do with predicting team's haste more than abilities as Barkley and Landry [who I would have added to the list] are going back to the school. That also leads to Robert Griffin. I think he will be a good NFL quarterback, but I don't see the top ten pick in him. It's also just easier to reach with picks now that there won't be the outrageous contracts to handcuff teams.

LaMichael James. Oregon moved the ball just fine without him. There are some teams where their system will indeed utilize him the way he's meant to be used, but again, that's a greater testament to the people around him. I don't see the Giants being one of them.

Veteran

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]*Who are the 5 most overrated and underrated players this draft season?**

Overrated
    Ryan Tannehill QB Tex A&m=* I really like em last yr* but soured on em this past season as* he was so inaccurate at times*** and the decison making was brutal** way more often then i'd like to see.. If he were talked about as a late 3rd round/ early 4th***** i'd probably think diffrently** but hes talked about as a 1st rounder*** and i've seen mocks have em as early as pick like 12 overall*** which is crazy based on what i saw from him this past season

Quentin Coples DE UNC=* Heres a guy with big potential**** but dosen't play up to that potential nearly enough*** especially when talking about using a TOP 10pick on the guy..* To risky in my opinion** and judged on what i seen on the field**** i woulden't feel good about taking this guy in top 10** and would feel more comfortable in pick 18-25 range...* Football is a game played on emotion and energy** and i don't see that enough outta coples

= This guys the opitomy of boom or bust..* I def didn't see 1st round talent on the field with burfict this past season ...* Just simply to risky with his head case persona** and the fact he didn't make enough plays on the field in 2011 to see a first rounder in my opinion.. I think hes vastly overrated..

Coryell Judie CB Tex A&m=** Not all my overrated players are from the first round ..* Heres a kid in Judie that i watched get torched a couple times early on against good comp** and i just can't get it outta my mind..* I can't remember what 2games it was*** i believe the ARK and OK ST games and at least one of em was one of those 2***** and it was so bad i actually posted about it..* I seen a CB who just looked overrmatched and didn't have the greatest technique or idea what he was doing out there..* I see Judie as more of a late 4th /early 5th type CB*** and most got em in the 3rd* rd range* with some having 2nd rounder for him..* I'd perfer not even to draft the guy** let alone in the 2nd round!

=** I actually called him the invisible man about a handful of times this yr..lol** Sure hes solid against the Rush*** but is way to quiet to often* and Clemson's** D was dreadful way to often* to let anyone other then a playmaker(A Branch) off the hook ..* No way a guy who stuffs the run but dosen't make any plays really* on a terrible defense*** is gonna possibly be my 1st round pick!!!lol* I think its early to talk thompson in the top of rd 2! I woulden't go with em untill RD 3 the earliest..

Underrated

Casey Hayward CB Vandy
    =* This kids insanley good!*** Like 1st round good!* He dosen't have elite speed so some people* think hes like a 3rd round pick** which is insane!* This kids good against the pass and run*** and makes plays!** Hes got enough size and fantastic technique and ball recognition..* I seriouly woulden't be surprised if a Team catches on* and takes him in RD 1* or at worst*** Early RD 2..* I'd take hayward over* Alfonzo Dennard* all day! He reminds me alot of Janoris Jenkins** who is a probably 1st rounder..

Doug martin RB Boise S
    t=** A guy i've loved as a prospect for a couple yrs now* and have talked about as another ray rice/mjd type for all most as long..* I think that highly of martin..*** I think hes underrated just because hes not talked about all that often.. Kinda feels like a afterthought when talking RB's in this yrs draft(its a deep class of backs).* All i know* is someone will get a sick deal if they get this kid in RD 3!*

marvin mcnutt WR Iowa=* I think this kid can hold his own against just about every WR in this class* and* u rarley hear about em..* I see him going after quite a few WR's that i think he'll be just as good as and if not better..* He looks the part with a great size and solid speed for a bigger wr.* He reminds me of Kenny Britt

markelle martin S Ok St=** I think hes right there with mark barron and lester as the top safety in this yrs class**** and* i woulden't be against taking him early 2nd..** Hes not the biggest safety** but is a enforecer in CF that can fly..* He didn't have the gaudiest nums out there but i like his future as a pro and think hes got PRO BOWL potential..* I don't see a HOLE in his game...

Fletcher Cox DT miss s
    t=** This dudes crazy strong!*** I got Cox as the 2nd best* DT* in this draft and its close to 1st(devon still by a nose)..* Cox is a very strong(brute like) penetrating DT.. He can flat out destroy lineman and is gonna be a stud as a pro!** I'd be estatic if we end up with Cox in RD1..

[/quote]

Not gonna lie I'm a youtube scout haha but they take a lot of videos down. Im guessing you record the games because I havent seen any footage on Cox?

Bench Player

martin only weakness and a big one (for the giants) is that he is not a good blocker.

[quote user="Spizi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Who are the 5 most overrated and underrated players this draft season?

Overrated
    Ryan Tannehill QB Tex A&m= I really like em last yr but soured on em this past season as he was so inaccurate at times and the decison making was brutal way more often then i'd like to see.. If he were talked about as a late 3rd round/ early 4th i'd probably think diffrently but hes talked about as a 1st rounder and i've seen mocks have em as early as pick like 12 overall which is crazy based on what i saw from him this past season

Quentin Coples DE UNC= Heres a guy with big potential but dosen't play up to that potential nearly enough especially when talking about using a TOP 10pick on the guy.. To risky in my opinion and judged on what i seen on the field i woulden't feel good about taking this guy in top 10 and would feel more comfortable in pick 18-25 range... Football is a game played on emotion and energy and i don't see that enough outta coples

= This guys the opitomy of boom or bust.. I def didn't see 1st round talent on the field with burfict this past season ... Just simply to risky with his head case persona and the fact he didn't make enough plays on the field in 2011 to see a first rounder in my opinion.. I think hes vastly overrated..

Coryell Judie CB Tex A&m= Not all my overrated players are from the first round .. Heres a kid in Judie that i watched get torched a couple times early on against good comp and i just can't get it outta my mind.. I can't remember what 2games it was i believe the ARK and OK ST games and at least one of em was one of those 2 and it was so bad i actually posted about it.. I seen a CB who just looked overrmatched and didn't have the greatest technique or idea what he was doing out there.. I see Judie as more of a late 4th /early 5th type CB and most got em in the 3rd rd range with some having 2nd rounder for him.. I'd perfer not even to draft the guy let alone in the 2nd round!

= I actually called him the invisible man about a handful of times this yr..lol Sure hes solid against the Rush but is way to quiet to often and Clemson's D was dreadful way to often to let anyone other then a playmaker(A Branch) off the hook .. No way a guy who stuffs the run but dosen't make any plays really on a terrible defense is gonna possibly be my 1st round pick!!!lol I think its early to talk thompson in the top of rd 2! I woulden't go with em untill RD 3 the earliest..

Underrated

Casey Hayward CB Vandy
    = This kids insanley good! Like 1st round good! He dosen't have elite speed so some people think hes like a 3rd round pick which is insane! This kids good against the pass and run and makes plays! Hes got enough size and fantastic technique and ball recognition.. I seriouly woulden't be surprised if a Team catches on and takes him in RD 1 or at worst Early RD 2.. I'd take hayward over Alfonzo Dennard all day! He reminds me alot of Janoris Jenkins who is a probably 1st rounder..

Doug martin RB Boise S
    t= A guy i've loved as a prospect for a couple yrs now and have talked about as another ray rice/mjd type for all most as long.. I think that highly of martin.. I think hes underrated just because hes not talked about all that often.. Kinda feels like a afterthought when talking RB's in this yrs draft(its a deep class of backs). All i know is someone will get a sick deal if they get this kid in RD 3!

marvin mcnutt WR Iowa= I think this kid can hold his own against just about every WR in this class and u rarley hear about em.. I see him going after quite a few WR's that i think he'll be just as good as and if not better.. He looks the part with a great size and solid speed for a bigger wr. He reminds me of Kenny Britt

markelle martin S Ok St= I think hes right there with mark barron and lester as the top safety in this yrs class and i woulden't be against taking him early 2nd.. Hes not the biggest safety but is a enforecer in CF that can fly.. He didn't have the gaudiest nums out there but i like his future as a pro and think hes got PRO BOWL potential.. I don't see a HOLE in his game...

Fletcher Cox DT miss s
    t= This dudes crazy strong! I got Cox as the 2nd best DT in this draft and its close to 1st(devon still by a nose).. Cox is a very strong(brute like) penetrating DT.. He can flat out destroy lineman and is gonna be a stud as a pro! I'd be estatic if we end up with Cox in RD1..

[/quote]

Not gonna lie I'm a youtube scout haha but they take a lot of videos down. Im guessing you record the games because I havent seen any footage on Cox?[/quote] I watch the games and watch video's that REDEYE puts up and i read up on the prospects.. A little bit of everything.. Cox is a straight animal! Go to the Draft Film thread and first post is all the tape and find COX VS S CAROLINA.. It gives u a good idea at what kinda player he is.. Hes gonna be a freaking beast in the pros!

I would love for the 49ers to get McNutt.

Think about it, the starting offense would consist of McNutt, Crabs, and VD.

[quote user="look@dafilm"]I would love for the 49ers to get McNutt.

[/quote]

dude go away. this forum is not for 9ers fans to discuss who they want.

Veteran

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]*Who are the 5 most overrated and underrated players this draft season?**

Overrated
    Ryan Tannehill QB Tex A&m=* I really like em last yr* but soured on em this past season as* he was so inaccurate at times*** and the decison making was brutal** way more often then i'd like to see.. If he were talked about as a late 3rd round/ early 4th***** i'd probably think diffrently** but hes talked about as a 1st rounder*** and i've seen mocks have em as early as pick like 12 overall*** which is crazy based on what i saw from him this past season

Quentin Coples DE UNC=* Heres a guy with big potential**** but dosen't play up to that potential nearly enough*** especially when talking about using a TOP 10pick on the guy..* To risky in my opinion** and judged on what i seen on the field**** i woulden't feel good about taking this guy in top 10** and would feel more comfortable in pick 18-25 range...* Football is a game played on emotion and energy** and i don't see that enough outta coples

= This guys the opitomy of boom or bust..* I def didn't see 1st round talent on the field with burfict this past season ...* Just simply to risky with his head case persona** and the fact he didn't make enough plays on the field in 2011 to see a first rounder in my opinion.. I think hes vastly overrated..

Coryell Judie CB Tex A&m=** Not all my overrated players are from the first round ..* Heres a kid in Judie that i watched get torched a couple times early on against good comp** and i just can't get it outta my mind..* I can't remember what 2games it was*** i believe the ARK and OK ST games and at least one of em was one of those 2***** and it was so bad i actually posted about it..* I seen a CB who just looked overrmatched and didn't have the greatest technique or idea what he was doing out there..* I see Judie as more of a late 4th /early 5th type CB*** and most got em in the 3rd* rd range* with some having 2nd rounder for him..* I'd perfer not even to draft the guy** let alone in the 2nd round!

=** I actually called him the invisible man about a handful of times this yr..lol** Sure hes solid against the Rush*** but is way to quiet to often* and Clemson's** D was dreadful way to often* to let anyone other then a playmaker(A Branch) off the hook ..* No way a guy who stuffs the run but dosen't make any plays really* on a terrible defense*** is gonna possibly be my 1st round pick!!!lol* I think its early to talk thompson in the top of rd 2! I woulden't go with em untill RD 3 the earliest..

Underrated

Casey Hayward CB Vandy
    =* This kids insanley good!*** Like 1st round good!* He dosen't have elite speed so some people* think hes like a 3rd round pick** which is insane!* This kids good against the pass and run*** and makes plays!** Hes got enough size and fantastic technique and ball recognition..* I seriouly woulden't be surprised if a Team catches on* and takes him in RD 1* or at worst*** Early RD 2..* I'd take hayward over* Alfonzo Dennard* all day! He reminds me alot of Janoris Jenkins** who is a probably 1st rounder..

Doug martin RB Boise S
    t=** A guy i've loved as a prospect for a couple yrs now* and have talked about as another ray rice/mjd type for all most as long..* I think that highly of martin..*** I think hes underrated just because hes not talked about all that often.. Kinda feels like a afterthought when talking RB's in this yrs draft(its a deep class of backs).* All i know* is someone will get a sick deal if they get this kid in RD 3!*

marvin mcnutt WR Iowa=* I think this kid can hold his own against just about every WR in this class* and* u rarley hear about em..* I see him going after quite a few WR's that i think he'll be just as good as and if not better..* He looks the part with a great size and solid speed for a bigger wr.* He reminds me of Kenny Britt

markelle martin S Ok St=** I think hes right there with mark barron and lester as the top safety in this yrs class**** and* i woulden't be against taking him early 2nd..** Hes not the biggest safety** but is a enforecer in CF that can fly..* He didn't have the gaudiest nums out there but i like his future as a pro and think hes got PRO BOWL potential..* I don't see a HOLE in his game...

Fletcher Cox DT miss s
    t=** This dudes crazy strong!*** I got Cox as the 2nd best* DT* in this draft and its close to 1st(devon still by a nose)..* Cox is a very strong(brute like) penetrating DT.. He can flat out destroy lineman and is gonna be a stud as a pro!** I'd be estatic if we end up with Cox in RD1..

[/quote]

Not gonna lie I'm a youtube scout haha but they take a lot of videos down. Im guessing you record the games because I havent seen any footage on Cox?[/quote] I watch the games and watch video's that REDEYE puts up and* i read up on the prospects..* A little bit of everything..* Cox is a straight animal! Go to the Draft* Film thread and* first post is all the tape**** and find* COX VS S CAROLINA..** It gives u a good idea at what kinda player he is..** Hes gonna be a freaking beast in the pros!
    [/quote]

thanks! i had no clue that all the vids were on the first page. i would always look at the last page. this is awesome!

I've seen Cox play a lot this year and he's an incredible player. With that said, I've seen him going in the first round in many mock drafts so I'm not sure if that makes him underrated.

I agree with you on Doug Martin, but I feel like his stock is going to shoot up as we get closer to the draft.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="look@dafilm"]I would love for the 49ers to get McNutt.

[/quote]

dude go away. this forum is not for 9ers fans to discuss who they want.[/quote]

Dude, get a grip. What is this the he-man-niner-haters club?