+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 5 most overrated/underrated prospects going into the 2012 draft?

Re: 5 most overrated/underrated prospects going into the 2012 draft?

[quote user="look@dafilm"][Dude, get a grip. What is this the he-man-niner-haters club?
    [/quote]

no, its a forum for GIANTS fans to discuss the prospects and who they want their team to draft.

Dont you have your own forum to post FA and draft stuff on? Surely that has to be a pretty hot topic since your season is over.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="look@dafilm"][Dude, get a grip. What is this the he-man-niner-haters club?
    [/quote]

no, its a forum for GIANTS fans to discuss the prospects and who they want their team to draft.

Dont you have your own forum to post FA and draft stuff on? Surely that has to be a pretty hot topic since your season is over.[/quote]

I think he just understands how we have the most active and entertaining message board, and people can competently discuss sports. However, if we do not stop this, we are assuming the risk of this board becoming a giants/49ers hybrid board. No thanks.

Im gonna mention 2 dark horse picks for the Giants who fit our mold.

Ironically the 1st is Darrell Scott - RB USF. Wouldnt that be confusing, having Da'rel Scott and Darrell Scott on the same team. Wouldnt it also be fitting that we found another gem from USF.

But, in all honesty, that is not why I mention this player. I mention him because he is THAT good. Coming out of high school this kid was the #2 overal prospect in the country behind only Terrell Pryor. He was ahead of the likes of Julio Jones, Kyle Rudolph, Tryon Smith, Michael Brewster, Aaron Williams, etc etc etc. In 2007 he weighed 203 lbs and is on record for running a 4.32 at that weight.

Once in College they beefed him up to 240 lbs. He is a classy kid, smart and team oriented(u can look up some of his interviews). He xfered from Colorado to USF and had to sit out a year so he is under a lot of ppl's radar. But he is a beautiful power runner with a nasty cutback move. He is a decent reciever as well. The USF coaches LOVE this kid, much like they did Williams last year. It is unlikely that he can still run a 4.32 at 240 lbs but if this kid shows he still has some speed at the combine I would LOVE to see him join his former USF buddies here in NY. I mean it guys, this is my dark horse for all of the draft. This kid is gooooooooooood. He is a do it all rb and most people dont know his name. His coming out this year was a bit of a suprise to everyone because of the year he sat out while xfering.

Next I would mention an even lesser known prospect Alfred Morris RB out of FAU. He was a guy I saw in person play this past year. The offense he played for had very limmited weapons. Despite that, Alfred thrived. He was all defenses had to stop and many still had a hard time doing it.If you look up some of his highlights you will see a kid who never stops moving his legs and has the ability to get VERY low at impact. His little dip move reminds me a lot of the 1 frank Gore uses to eek out 2-3 extra yards at the end of the run. I think he is a good late round prospect. Reports had him as a good performer in the east west shrine game week too.

[quote user="critters"]I've seen Cox play a lot this year and he's an incredible player. With that said, I've seen him going in the first round in many mock drafts so I'm not sure if that makes him underrated.

I agree with you on Doug Martin, but I feel like his stock is going to shoot up as we get closer to the draft.
    [/quote] Ya The thing is guys like Doug martins stock is litterally going up by the day and i'm thinking hes underrated because hes just as good and possibly better then guys like David Wilson and Lamar miller who have consistently been thought to be higher draft picks and better players.. As far as Fletcher Cox theres still plenty of people who have him as a 2nd rder( he'd be a huge steal!) and i happen to think hes better then Brockers and is pretty much toe to toe with Devon Still as the best DT in the entire class! So with that thinking hes underrated.. Underrated means totally diffrent things with the draft prospects depending on where there being talked about being taken and what not.. Cox and martin are both guys who could be taken where i think there deserving of by the time the draft is here but at the time of this thread being started they weren't..

[quote user="BlueSanta"]Im gonna mention 2 dark horse picks for the Giants who fit our mold.

Ironically the 1st is Darrell Scott - RB USF. Wouldnt that be confusing, having Da'rel Scott and Darrell Scott on the same team. Wouldnt it also be fitting that we found another gem from USF.

But, in all honesty, that is not why I mention this player. I mention him because he is THAT good. Coming out of high school this kid was the #2 overal prospect in the country behind only Terrell Pryor. He was ahead of the likes of Julio Jones, Kyle Rudolph, Tryon Smith, Michael Brewster, Aaron Williams, etc etc etc. In 2007 he weighed 203 lbs and is on record for running a 4.32 at that weight.

Once in College they beefed him up to 240 lbs. He is a classy kid, smart and team oriented(u can look up some of his interviews). He xfered from Colorado to USF and had to sit out a year so he is under a lot of ppl's radar. But he is a beautiful power runner with a nasty cutback move. He is a decent reciever as well. The USF coaches LOVE this kid, much like they did Williams last year. It is unlikely that he can still run a 4.32 at 240 lbs but if this kid shows he still has some speed at the combine I would LOVE to see him join his former USF buddies here in NY. I mean it guys, this is my dark horse for all of the draft. This kid is gooooooooooood. He is a do it all rb and most people dont know his name. His coming out this year was a bit of a suprise to everyone because of the year he sat out while xfering.

Next I would mention an even lesser known prospect Alfred Morris RB out of FAU. He was a guy I saw in person play this past year. The offense he played for had very limmited weapons. Despite that, Alfred thrived. He was all defenses had to stop and many still had a hard time doing it.If you look up some of his highlights you will see a kid who never stops moving his legs and has the ability to get VERY low at impact. His little dip move reminds me a lot of the 1 frank Gore uses to eek out 2-3 extra yards at the end of the run. I think he is a good late round prospect. Reports had him as a good performer in the east west shrine game week too.

[/quote]

I've wondered about Darrell Scott. I think he's a dark horse for good reason and I'm not really sure why he chose to enter the draft after the year he had (which I considered to be less than impressive). Outside of the FA&M game, he only had 2 rushing TDs on the year. I guess the advisory board gave him decent news. I also can't imagine a team purposely bulking him up to 240 lbs. I had assumed he was just a guy with a bad work ethic, if the coaches did that to him, I'll give him some more credit and wonder wtf they were thinking. If he shows up at his pro day, has shed some pounds, and shows some decent speed... I could handle taking him in a later round.

Unless he really impresses at the combine, I don't see Alfred Morris getting drafted.

I like UT's Tauren Poole as a guy flying under the radar more than both.

[quote user="critters"].

[/quote]

I agree Poole is a good player. I would not say he is flying under the radar though. I think plenty know of his ability.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="critters"].

[/quote]

I agree Poole is a good player. I would not say he is flying under the radar though. I think plenty know of his ability.
    [/quote]

other guys that might be interesting are....

Daniel "Boom" Herron, RB - Ohio State... monster junior year. Then fell off due to injuries, no Terrell Pryor and no coaching.

Olivier Vernon, DE- The U... huge upside and extremely talented. Great Sophemore year, then got suspended for the Nevin Shapiro incident.

DaJohn Harris, DT - USC... Quick off the ball and always seemed to be in the backfield....

"Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

[quote user="Shockeyitus"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Daniel "Boom" Herron, RB - Ohio State... monster junior year. Then fell off due to injuries, no Terrell Pryor and no coaching.

Olivier Vernon, DE- The U... huge upside and extremely talented. Great Sophemore year, then got suspended for the Nevin Shapiro incident.

DaJohn Harris, DT - USC... Quick off the ball and always seemed to be in the backfield....

[/quote]

I also like

Jerry Franklin, ILB - Arkansas.... hard hitter with good speed and could be a fantastic pick up in round 4-5.

"Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

[quote user="Shockeyitus"][quote user="Shockeyitus"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I also like

Jerry Franklin, ILB - Arkansas.... hard hitter with good speed and could be a fantastic pick up in round 4-5.

[/quote] Ya Jerry Franklin could end up being a versatile player for a nfl team possibly playing SLB in a 4/3 with ability to push over to the middle or vice versa.. Franklin is very talented

I watched Franklin a lot this year and he's a guy I've really got my eye on in the draft as well. Big guy that shows decent speed and a good nose for the ball. He's also a redshirt senior, which I really like.

Another guy from Arkansas I've had my eye on is Joe Adams. When this guy gets some space he can make things happen. Really quick and gets off the line really fast.

+ Reply to Thread