+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: 5 most overrated/underrated prospects going into the 2012 draft?

[quote user="critters"]That's funny. Maze never appeared to be pudgy to me, but maybe he celebrated a little too much after the BCSCG and couldn't work out because of his hamstring. Either way, what a ridiculous thing to complain about. Sorry bro, you're small.
    [/quote]

So wait, you ask for a link and get it and I am now small? He is 5'7 186 lbs, that isnt ideal size at all. I noted his immaturity too, with a backup link. You ignore that too? Sounds like your a blind bama fan.

How about the fact that he was 2.5 inches shorter than his listed Alabama height of 5'10 and 7 pounds heavier....you ok with that too?

Am I small for thinking that size, fitness and maturity matter in the NFL? If so, then I guess I am small.

If you disagree with me, feel free to make an argument. But claiming these things dont matter and " I am small" for thinking they do just make you look like a Bama homer.

[quote user="Raptor22"]This is off topic, and I'm sorry about that. However, this troll "look@dafilm" needs to get gone.

Putting a gif of a player desperately trying to get back in the Superbowl after tearing his ACL as your signature is of the lowest class, and absolutely galling.

If you want to be a bitter jackass, do it on your own board.

Just.
    Leave.
    [/quote]

I agree. I dont mind other fans on the board, as long as they are at least constructive posters. I think this guy should get the boot.

[quote user="BlueSanta"]Overrated

1) Zebrie Sanders (OT, FSU) There is a lot I do not like about how this kid plays the game and about his toughness. And this, comming from a guy who went to FSU.

2) Alshon Jeffery(WR Clemson). I toyed with the idea of putting the entire Wr class as overrated, because I do not think it is a very good 1. But,* I decided against it because there are some nice talents at the top for sure. Jeffery is a guy who is the 5th rated WR, and I have some concerns with his game. He is a big physical guy who catches it well. He blocks very well on the outside too. But where is the acceleration? I want to see him run a the combine because there are times he just looks slow to me. I watch highlights where the Qb has to scramble around avoiding dlinement just to give AJ enough time to get downfield. In a way, he reminds me of Barden when he came out. Th difference being nobody had him as a 1st rounder. It was tougher to tell with barden because the level of competition wasnt there, but I saw a lot of the same thing. A guy who had a hard time getting a step and if he did get a half step, often couldnt keep it.

3) Andre Branch (DE, Clemson) This is a tough 1 for me because I do not want to sound too down on this kid. He has some good things about him, I just dont like him as high as many others do. A) I see him very inconsistent off the ball. Quick 1 play, slow the next. Often, he appears much slower off the line than Brandon Thompson.* B) He didnt go against very many good tackles this year. Couple that with his fishy excuses for missing the senior bowl(see "E") and its hard to evaluate him C)* Clemson's offense was so prolific, teams tried to match their ability to score. Branchs sack numbers were inflated a bit because he had SO many chances to pin his ears back. D) He played next to Brandon Thompson. 1 of the top DT prospects. This meant he didnt face many double teams which also inflate his numbers a bit. E)* Senior bowl shenanigans. Branch supposedly missed the weigh in because of issues getting there due to "bad weather." Then on day 2 when he wasnt there his camp said he had a groin issue. Well, which is it? If it was your groin, why not give measurables? F) lastly, there is the bad Orange bowl tape vs West Virginia. WVA spent way more effort trying to block Thompson on the inside and Branch should have shined.Instead, he got schooled 1v1 all day and his play really broke down and he looked lost. In his defense , I think Clemsons defensive coordinator is on par with Bill Sheridan, but still I want to see a guy, especially a supposed team leader like Branch, not give up like that.

4)Vontaze Burfict. I agree with others who think boom or bust. If you watch his 2010 tape, he is a top 15 pick. If you watch his 2011 tape he belongs in a mental institution. I just have a hard time picking anyone early in the draft* who's college team told him he isnt welcome back for his senior year.

5) Marquis maze (wr bama) - When a guy not known for his height comes in 2 inches shorter than listed and appears chunky, then spends 3 days at the senior bowl whining how he got screwed in the measurement(huh? how does that even happen?) It irks me. His level of immaturity was on showcase all week of the senior bowl and I do not like short, fat, whiney, immature WRs...sorry Mr Maze.

Underrated

1) Andrew Datko(Left Tackle FSU) - Sat out a great deal of this season with shoulder issues. Tried to have them scoped but it didnt take. More detailed 2nd surgery should solve the problem. What boggles my mind is how anyone could watch FSU at all in recent years and have Zebrie Sanders ranked HIGHER than Datko, even considering Datko's injuries.* The Injuries will have Datko dropping to the mid/late rounds, this kid was once a shoe in 1st rounder. If docs get a good look at him and think he is recovered, he is a good pick. I watched him a lot in college go against some very good players, and the only 1 I ever saw get the better of him is on the Giants right now wearing #90.

2) LaMichael James. There are RBs I like more, but I still like James more where some have him. People keep saying "he doesnt have the size to be a full time RB." and I agree with them. The problem is , hardly any NFL teams even use a full time RB anymore. We all know how good he is in space, but I believe he is underrated as an interior runner too. He is a matchup nightmare out of the backfield for defenses as well. Guys like Warrick Dunn, Darren Sproles, Dave Meggett,* Eric Metcalf(thats right I went oldschool 2x), and even Tiki Barber(minus the mouth) belong(ed) in this league for a reason. Right now, LJ is a better prospect than any 1 of those guys was coming out of college.

3) Devon Still(DT Psu). All he does is disrupt. He has rare power and scouts have him going mid/ late in the 1st round to early 2nd. That baffles my mind. I see a top 10 pick.

4) Jayron Hosley (cb VT) I said above I wasnt fond of this years Wr crop. Well, it is the exact opposite for CBs. I see 5 guys who could be 1st rounders in most years. People seem to be talking a lot about Kirkpatrick, Heyward, Jenkins, and Clayborne, and deservedly so they are all good.But, with some of those guys falling pray to character concerns some teams may begin to look closer at Hosley's tape,I think they will like what they see. A ballhawk who plays bigger than his size and covers well in all schemes. As long as he doesnt come to the combine smaller than his listed size, I expect him to be a late riser. An excellent punt returner as well.

5) Brandon Thompson (DT Clemson) As I said above, Branch gets all the acclaim. But I truly believe a large part of his success is because of the inside threat of Thompson. I watch the tape and it is Brandon, not branch who is lightning quick off the snap. Its Thompson, not Branch who is getting double teamed. I think his technique has room to grow, but his 1st step is an explosion. There was a lot of chatter about how much Coples dominated the senior bowl week. However, a couple scouts noted that Thompson was every bit as dominant as Coples.

Hon mention - Eddie Whitley (FS, VT) I like him. I know his stats arent fantastic but I think that has as much to do with how VT uses him as anything. He often plays man cover like a corner which takes away some of his safty tackle numbers. He does tackle well and, by all accounts, a fantastic leader. I like his versatility and his contributions to special teams. Giants always seem to pursue hard nosed versatile DBs.

[/quote]Ive been watching Zebrie the last couple days and his tape is not worth the hype.Teams are just so desperate for Tackles

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Ive been watching Zebrie the last couple days and his tape is not worth the hype.Teams are just so desperate for Tackles[/quote]

I dont get he hype either. Is it because he is physically fit for a big guy? FSU's offensive line play this past year was as bad as any d1 school. It was largely due to injury, but Sanders stunk no matter who was lined up around him.

The only kid worth a damn on that line is Datko and he was injured this year. Bobby Hart will some day be a stud, but he was only 16 years old at the start of the season. The kid hasnt even had his drivers license a year, so he gets a pass. But Sanders... I wouldnt touch him with a 10 foot pole. At least, not where some have him projected.

Just a great post,ALL IN!!

guy i think is underrated is kelechi osemele from iowa state..he could help the o-line imo.

zebrie sanders from fsu as well at tackle

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="critters"]That's funny. Maze never appeared to be pudgy to me, but maybe he celebrated a little too much after the BCSCG and couldn't work out because of his hamstring. Either way, what a ridiculous thing to complain about. Sorry bro, you're small.
    [/quote]

So wait, you ask for a link and get it and I am now small? He is 5'7 186 lbs, that isnt ideal size at all. I noted his immaturity too, with a backup link. You ignore that too? Sounds like your a blind bama fan.

How about the fact that he was 2.5 inches shorter than his listed Alabama height of 5'10 and 7 pounds heavier....you ok with that too?

Am I small for thinking that size, fitness and maturity matter in the NFL? If so, then I guess I am small.

If you disagree with me, feel free to make an argument. But claiming these things dont matter and " I am small" for thinking they do just make you look like a Bama homer.
    [/quote]

No no no... I was referring to Maze. He is complaining about his measurements and I'm saying "sorry bro, you're small." What a ridiculous thing for a player to complain about. Sorry for the confusion. Your points were valid, I was laughing about Maze.