+ Reply to Thread

Big athletic tight ends are nothing new..........

.........there are just more of them now.

Kellen Winslow Sr. was drafted in 1979 and he was a game changer in his day but if you need more recent examples, look at Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates.

I realize that the media likes to hype everything as if we've never seen it before but in fact we have. The truth is that all players at all positions are bigger and more athletic than they were 20 years ago. Tight end is not much different in that regard.

No one remembers who came in second.

Re: Big athletic tight ends are nothing new..........

We see Jason Witten and Chris Cooley TWICE a year, plus we saw Jermichael Finley and Tony Gonzales in the playoffs...What point needs to be made? It's nothing big blue hasn't seen before...

Tight ends have merely traded linebacker blocking ability for pass receiving skill. Are there any tight ends who are 280 anymore? Howard Cross was the last of his kind

[quote user="NYG 5"]Tight ends have merely traded linebacker blocking ability for pass receiving skill. Are there any tight ends who are 280 anymore? Howard Cross was the last of his kind[/quote]

Howard Cross was a blocking tight end ,not much of a receiver
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

[quote user="NYG 5"]Tight ends have merely traded linebacker blocking ability for pass receiving skill. Are there any tight ends who are 280 anymore? Howard Cross was the last of his kind[/quote]

Jake Ballard????