+ Reply to Thread

Giants are 2nd in the NFL with YAC (Yards After Catch).

I believe like joe theismann and many others that a sloppy field actually favors the offense. I could see Nicks and/or Cruz take a short pass, juke his defender out and having him slip and then Nicks/Cruz make a long TD. We have been seeing it all season and I don't think 49ers defense or a little sloppy field will stop them.

Re: Giants are 2nd in the NFL with YAC (Yards After Catch).

[quote user="bflo23"]I believe like joe theismann and many others that a sloppy field actually favors the offense. I could see Nicks and/or Cruz take a short pass, juke his defender out and having him slip and then Nicks/Cruz make a long TD. We have been seeing it all season and I don't think 49ers defense or a little sloppy field will stop them.
    [/quote]
    Agreed
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Cruz missed a TD vs Rogers by that much last time. Nicks burned CC Brown. Mario got lazy.

All 3 have one thing in common, they've played in these conditions before! they didn't live 1/2 thier lives in dry areas.

good news then and good matchup because the 49ers are first in the league in tackling to limit YACs.

IDC what place in the league the niners are in tackling, IDK if Rogers or Brown is going to wrap up Cruz or Nicks.

I can't believe that were not # 1 on YAC with the style of play of Nicks, Cruz, and MM. YAC are great, but for this particular game against this particular D, just make sure to secure the ball first AND then concentrate on YAC against these hard hitting ball strippers.

#1 Giants priority

"Ball Security"

Which team is first in YAC? I'm guessing GB but it's hard to believe another team had better than the Giants. They've been incredible this season after the catch.