+ Reply to Thread

Thread: East Coast Bias

East Coast Bias

I am really sick of this excuse and banter (and I live on the west coast). We all know the media is biased, but in reality it is towards whatever teams are winning or have the hottest reality tv draw. Who is over saturated right now? Hmm.....the Heat, Tim Tebow, Chris Paul/Clippers, SEC football, etc. None of those are remotely east coast. Earlier in the season they hyped the Eagles....akin to the normal Cowboy hype. Were the Niners not over-hyped in the 80's? Gee, could a bunch of Super Bowl wins have something to do with that? Respect is earned. New York and Boston have been around a lot longer than west coast cities, and NYC is a huge money and media center, so it is not that there is nothing there naturally but when those teams don't produce they don't get anywhere near the hype of whoever is the flavor of the month. For example I don't hear as much Celtic or Knick talk as normal right now as they are playing horribly.

Re: East Coast Bias

[quote user="simms56"]I am really sick of this excuse and banter (and I live on the west coast). We all know the media is biased, but in reality it is towards whatever teams are winning or have the hottest reality tv draw. Who is over saturated right now? Hmm.....the Heat, Tim Tebow, Chris Paul/Clippers, SEC football, etc. None of those are remotely east coast. Earlier in the season they hyped the Eagles....akin to the normal Cowboy hype. Were the Niners not over-hyped in the 80's? Gee, could a bunch of Super Bowl wins have something to do with that? Respect is earned. New York and Boston have been around a lot longer than west coast cities, and NYC is a huge money and media center, so it is not that there is nothing there naturally but when those teams don't produce they don't get anywhere near the hype of whoever is the flavor of the month. For example I don't hear as much Celtic or Knick talk as normal right now as they are playing horribly.
    [/quote]

I hope you feel better, but what does this have to do with the GIANTS?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

It's the common belief that tickles SF trolls that come in here.

I think the Heat classify as an East Coast team.

[quote user="TroyArcher"]I think the Heat classify as an East Coast team.[/quote]

Depends on if you want to call anything south of DC or so the East Coast. Usually, East Coast Bias refers more to the Mid-Atlantic Coast and Northeast.

[quote user="TroyArcher"]I think the Heat classify as an East Coast team.[/quote]

Depends on if you want to call anything south of DC or so the East Coast. Usually, East Coast Bias refers more to the Mid-Atlantic Coast and Northeast.