+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Giants will get annihilated by the 49ers Kicking team

Re: Giants will get annihilated by the 49ers Kicking team

[quote user="Go49ers"]Lets go Akers![/quote]

Its rather intimidating when facing a team that can't score without their kicker

(I never thought I'd type something like that and actually mean it. Facetiously, of course..)
    I write differently from what I speak, I speak differently from what I think, I think differently from the way I ought to think, and so it all proceeds into deepest darkness.
    ― Franz Kafka

[quote user="SFranciscan"][quote user="Firenugget"]Well that's fitting seeing as your kicker leads your team in points scored...Kinda pathetic, no?
    [/quote]

Yeah, it is kind of pathetic how we win the game by scoring the most points.

If you spot the quarterback the extra point (and ignore the handful of conversions) then Alex Smith is 133 points to Akers 132 with 84 rushing points by other backs. If you spot the kicker the extra point then it is 114 to 149. Either way, it does not matter, because a win is a win. It doesn't matter if you score the points on returns, kicks, on defensive turnovers, on throws, on rushes, or on quarterback sneaks. Heck, last season we had more touchdowns scored by our defense than our offense for a number of the early games and if a team could make that strategy work, then it works (obviously no one in the NFL ever has, but you never know).

If Alex Smith had missed the pass to Davis last week and Akers made a successful 60 yard attempt to tie the game and then sunk another 50 yarder to win it in overtime, would the outcome of the game have been any different? Absolutely not, and in the end, that is all that matters.
    [/quote]

Yeah, like I said, your kicker leads your team in points scored. Rationalize it however you wish, it all ends TODAY.

[quote user="Go49ers"]Lets go Akers![/quote]
    Good kicker
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

No argument there
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[quote user="miked1958"][quote user="Go49ers"]Lets go Akers![/quote] Good kicker[/quote]<FONT color=#ff0000>Heckuva kicker. []</FONT>
    No one remembers who came in second.

If you're dependent upon your kicker for a win, you have no chance.

Bench Player

[quote user="Giants10Joe"]If you're dependent upon your kicker for a win, you have no chance.
    [/quote]

I would say that in a game that has a spread of 2.5 points, if you cannot rely on your kicker, you drastically lower you chances.

[quote user="SFranciscan"][quote user="Giants10Joe"]If you're dependent upon your kicker for a win, you have no chance.
    [/quote]

I would say that in a game that has a spread of 2.5 points, if you cannot rely on your kicker, you drastically lower you chances.
    [/quote]</P>

</P>

So are the Giants going to be annihilated of beaten by a FG? Please clarify. </P>

Bench Player

I hope all Giants fans feel suitably annihilated across the tri state area and across the world. I know I do, The irony of who scored the winning points is not lost either. :-P

Bench Player

This has to be the worst title of a thread in the history of sports message boards.

+ Reply to Thread