+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hope to god we don't have to play the refs again today....

....not sure if we can beat the 13th man again this week. Hopefully calls go both ways!

Re: Hope to god we don't have to play the refs again today....

Amen to that. That Jennings fumble against you guys last week was bogus. I don't remember the last time I was that pissed off about a non-49er call. It was 100% a fumble. But was ours when we played you guys and clearly forced a fumble (and recovered it) only to have the play blown dead and thus unchallengeable.

If the game is reffed like the SF divisional game, things will be good. The worst calls/non-calls by the refs were

1) the bogus PI call on Whitner on the very first drive
    2) the non-holding calls against the Saints o-line. They hold like crazy
    3) the excessive bumping by the 49ers CBs. they got away with it, because they didn't do it down the field and didn't do it while the ball was in the air. they just went to about 10-12 yards instead of the rulebook 5.

like last week and past games the Giants will have to overcome bad calls and non-calls. I have been a Giant fan since the 70's and have seen more bad calls against them then any other NFL team. I think the Giants have installed plays for the officals as well. All they can do is focus on the play at hand and ignor the bad calls like they did aginst the packers.

Veteran

The sexy match up is now NY vs NE rd 2. The highest scoring O's left. And it would be the closest thing to a rivalry as it's a rematch. The refs should be on our side.

[quote user="Mohann"]The sexy match up is now NY vs NE rd 2. The highest scoring O's left. And it would be the closest thing to a rivalry as it's a rematch. The refs should be on our side.
    [/quote]

Nope... The league wants the Harbaugh bowl. It will be the highest hyped and rate dSuperbowl ever. Great marketing opportunity... Expect calls against the Giants (as usual) and againstt the Pats(for once)

The only Con I see to a GIANTS / PATS is if for some crazy reason we lose , we would hear nothing but ESPN all summer with

" PATS get revenge for stolen perfect season in07"

[quote user="dan1552"]The only Con I see to a GIANTS / PATS is if for some crazy reason we lose , we would hear nothing but ESPN all summer with

[/quote]

1. We'll kill the pats...
    2. We've already won this season in my opinion.

We are in extra innings and all of this is just good fun.

[quote user="Landshark"][quote user="dan1552"]The only Con I see to a GIANTS / PATS is if for some crazy reason we lose , we would hear nothing but ESPN all summer with

[/quote]

We are in extra innings and all of this is just good fun.[/quote]

I know we have the capability, what Im concerned about is unforseen injury,or bad calls,, then alllllllll summer the media killing us

in revenge game brady win , hes off to disneyworld

We had to play them four consecutive weeks in a row, so I don't see why this game would be any different. The Jets and the second Packers game were the worst IMO, but it pretty much has been like the the whole season.

[quote user="dan1552"][quote user="Landshark"][quote user="dan1552"]The only Con I see to a GIANTS / PATS is if for some crazy reason we lose , we would hear nothing but ESPN all summer with

[/quote]

We are in extra innings and all of this is just good fun.[/quote]

I know we have the capability, what Im concerned about is unforseen injury,or bad calls,, then alllllllll summer the media killing us

in revenge game brady win , hes off to disneyworld
    [/quote]

Who cares? 07 is never going to change. They can't ever take away that 1 in the loss column. This is 2012, we finished 9-7, no one expected us to be here today. And in case u weren't aware we are still an opponent away from a trip to the superbowl. Let's not overlook San Fran.