+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Do you even want to make the playoffs? Be honest

To be sincerely honest part of me hops we lose out & get the best draft pick we possibly can....... with the dreadful defense & anemic run game caused by an abysmal O-line..... I just don't see any chance in hell of doing anything in the playoffs.

I also want Kevin Gilbride & most of our position coaches gone, so I will sign up for whatever that takes.I feel pretty adamant about Fewell being shown the door as well. The players don't play hard for him which is shocking to see when his players in Buffalo went to war for him.

I want to sweep Dallas so we have bragging rights & whip that pathetic smirk off Romo's face. Other than that I wouldn't even mind us losing to Washington....

Then again I don't want to keep hearing about this God forsaken "second half collapse year after year"

I'm kind of torn... the die hard fan in me want us to win every game.. but it's best for our team to get a better draft selection.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Re: Do you even want to make the playoffs? Be honest

are you serious with this bs? of course I want to make the playoffs.

If we get there, it'll be bc Eli is playing his heart out or bc the rest of the team finally shows up.

We make the playoffs, its a whole new season. And we have a QB who can actually take us to the promise land.

I absolutely want to make the playoffs. Lose out to get better draft picks??? You serious with that??/

[quote user="giantsfan420"]are you serious with this bs? of course I want to make the playoffs.

If we get there, it'll be bc Eli is playing his heart out or bc the rest of the team finally shows up.

We make the playoffs, its a whole new season. And we have a QB who can actually take us to the promise land.

I absolutely want to make the playoffs. Lose out to get better draft picks??? You serious with that??/[/quote]

I'm absolutely serious & I'm as die hard a fan as they come.

We have such poor poor coaching aside from Coughlin. Our O-line & defense is atrocious. Thus we have NO running game. We aren't getting any pressure on any QB we play. You're thinking somethings got to give? We've seen all we have to give aside from the NE game.

Now I have no idea what the FO's plan is to do with the coaches on this team however let me propose this to you. Would you rather win more games & have Gilbride as our OC again or lose enough games to where he's shown the door.

Fewell is also pretty bad. We need new coaches aside from a very select few position coaches.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"][quote user="giantsfan420"]are you serious with this bs? of course I want to make the playoffs.

I absolutely want to make the playoffs. Lose out to get better draft picks??? You serious with that??/[/quote]

I'm absolutely serious & I'm as die hard a fan as they come.

We have such poor poor coaching aside from Coughlin. Our O-line & defense is atrocious. Thus we have NO running game. We aren't getting any pressure on any QB we play. You're thinking somethings got to give? We've seen all we have to give aside from the NE game.

Now I have no idea what the FO's plan is to do with the coaches on this team however let me propose this to you. Would you rather win more games & have Gilbride as our OC again or lose enough games to where he's shown the door.

Fewell is also pretty bad. We need new coaches aside from a very select few position coaches.
    [/quote]

I unfortunately have to agree. I'd love it if we beat GB, but then lost every other game. The Cowboys have no shot in the playoffs anyway. We get better picks next year, the coaching staff gets canned, and we start a new era in GIANTS football.

I have to agree as well. My philosophy is if we don't win the superbowl there is no reason to be in the playoffs. Second, third or fourth Best gets u nothing but a higher draft Pick. We aren't playing together as a team. And our injuries are mounting.

Team Bewilderment, that's the 2011 G-men.

This team, this organization has no reason to think playoffs. Not as a division winner or wild card.
    They are in the process of yet another 2nd half collapse. It's become standard operating procedure
    for this group.

The Packer game really is meaningless. This is scary when you consider the Giant's performance in meaningful games.

I for one have seen enough of this group and will not waste my time anymore watching them. Hope they tank the remaining games in the season. They are well on their way. Let the house cleaning begin.

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]To be sincerely honest part of me hops we lose out & get the best draft pick we possibly can....... with the dreadful defense & anemic run game caused by an abysmal O-line..... I just don't see any chance in hell of doing anything in the playoffs.

I also want Kevin Gilbride & most of our position coaches gone, so I will sign up for whatever that takes.I feel pretty adamant about Fewell being shown the door as well. The players don't play hard for him which is shocking to see when his players in Buffalo went to war for him.

I want to sweep Dallas so we have bragging rights & whip that pathetic smirk off Romo's face. Other than that I wouldn't even mind us losing to Washington....

Then again I don't want to keep hearing about this God forsaken "second half collapse year after year"

I'm kind of torn... the die hard fan in me want us to win every game.. but it's best for our team to get a better draft selection.
    [/quote]

Do I want them to make the playoffs>

Uh YES of course how else can a team win a SB unless the get into the playoffs.

What kind of question is that to a Giants fan?

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]To be sincerely honest part of me hops we lose out & get the best draft pick we possibly can....... with the dreadful defense & anemic run game caused by an abysmal O-line..... I just don't see any chance in hell of doing anything in the playoffs.

[/quote]

I want a Super Bowl win. Can't get there if we're not in the playoffs.

Run the table and win it all...

yes of course a playoff berth would be great! But its going to be a tough road to get there. And if we were to get a berth, I don't foresee a deep playoff run unless our D is sured up and we can run the ball for more than 50 yards a game.

Then another thing to keep in mind---if the Giants make the playoffs, does that save Coughlin's job, meaning we are stuck with Gilbride and Fewell next year?

I guess you gotta weigh the pros with the cons.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

Veteran

Uhhh yes. Duh.