+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Someone explain to me how this is Coughlin's fault? Guy is a GREAT coach

Now unless the players don't like to play for him or play hard for him anymore is another story but none of us can prove that. Sure didn't look like it after that Pats victory... & that's not the vibe or consensus I get from the players.

Every single year we are DECIMATED by injuries.
    We have the same terrible game plans & schemes.

This is Coughlin's fault?

If the players in our locker room had even half the HEART, PRIDE & WILL TO WIN as Coughlin we would be 19-0 every year.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

Re: Someone explain to me how this is Coughlin's fault? Guy is a GREAT coach

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]Now unless the players don't like to play for him or play hard for him anymore is another story but none of us can prove that. Sure didn't look like it after that Pats victory... & that's not the vibe or consensus I get from the players.

If the players in our locker room had even half the HEART, PRIDE & WILL TO WIN as Coughlin we would be 19-0 every year.
    [/quote]

Terrible game plans and schemes are drawn up by coaches....and a head coach has final say.

All-Pro

Coughlin's the one who said that injuries are mostly mental, inferring he would fix fassel's mistakes in that regard.

Good call on that one Tom.

During TC's tenure this team has always peaked at the wrong time of the season. John madden always stressed that was important to start peaking just after thanksgiving, and that just hasn't been the case.

It sounds asinine to say, but '07 is looking more and more like an anomaly.

All-Pro

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]Now unless the players don't like to play for him or play hard for him anymore is another story but none of us can prove that. Sure didn't look like it after that Pats victory... & that's not the vibe or consensus I get from the players.

[/quote]

It his team. He is responsible for the good, the bad, and the ugly. Whether his fault or not its his team.

He cant control injuries but he can control what he thinks are good schemes or not. He can be a motivator. He is very good coach but at the end of the day that doesnt matter. Even good coaches have bad seasons.

You think he is not responsible for gameplanning?......Or better yet.....if a game plan isnt working then adjust. The offense seems to be able to do that sometimes....the defense never does. He needs to do something about that. Either tell the DC what he wants or fire him for example. Or maybe he agrees with what his coordinators are doing. In that case then hee needs to revaluate the whole situation.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

as i've heard a number of former coaches say, sometimes you don't get replaced by someone better than you.

sometimes just being someone different is all a team is looking for.

by reputation among other coaches alone, coughlin is an unbelievable head coach. you can't have his record without being really good at what you do.

but the time has probably come to see what someone else can do with this roster, for no other reason that it lets you know how much of this issue is coachingor how much of this issue is your roster.

it also means your GM no longer has any cover anymore either (ie: "i didn't hire this guy").

So everyone gets a little more uncomfortable with a change, which i consider a good thing.

[quote user="hadenough"][quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]Now unless the players don't like to play for him or play hard for him anymore is another story but none of us can prove that. Sure didn't look like it after that Pats victory... & that's not the vibe or consensus I get from the players.

[/quote]

Terrible game plans and schemes are drawn up by coaches....and a head coach has final say.[/quote]That plus the fact that he NEVER makes any game time adjustments, he has no way of motivating his players for the big games, he sticks with the same non-innovative play calling both on Offense and Defense and he has no good judgment of talent. He seems to let his coordinators call whatever they want and he is not very much involved in the actual game . He is just a bystander in the sidelines. Besides, who chooses who will be on the field? So if the players do not have heart and pride why are they on the field?

if its not coughlins fault then who????

Since Cough has been here we lose to teams we should beat. Have had embarassing melt downs toward the end of the season...Been chased out of playoff games even in our own building after achieving a first round bye.

The greatest moment I've ever had as a sports fan came by way of Tom Coughlins Giants so its pains me to say that if he can get this thing turned around in a hurry then he needs to go.

The Superbowl was great but its been pretty brutal since.

12-4 then getting immediately bounced from the playoffs...(Primed to repeat mind you.)

Sickening defeats the following year including an embarassing defeat in the last game in Giants Stadium.

The Miracle in the meadowlands part 2

All these things happened on Coughlins watch. The buck has to stop somewhere.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

[quote user="lawl"]Coughlin's the one who said that injuries are mostly mental, inferring he would fix fassel's mistakes in that regard. Good call on that one Tom. During TC's tenure this team has always peaked at the wrong time of the season. John madden always stressed that was important to start peaking just after thanksgiving, and that just hasn't been the case. It sounds asinine to say, but '07 is looking more and more like an anomaly.[/quote]

how is that asinine at all?

other than our collective pride as fans, what evidence do what have that 07 was anything more than catching lightening in a bottle once?

Are you serious? Terrible game plans and schemes are FROM the coaches.

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

[quote user="lawl"]Coughlin's the one who said that injuries are mostly mental, inferring he would fix fassel's mistakes in that regard. Good call on that one Tom. During TC's tenure this team has always peaked at the wrong time of the season. John madden always stressed that was important to start peaking just after thanksgiving, and that just hasn't been the case. It sounds asinine to say, but '07 is looking more and more like an anomaly.[/quote]

how is that asinine at all?

other than our collective pride as fans, what evidence do what have that 07 was anything more than catching lightening in a bottle once?

[/quote]

For most Super Bowl winning teams, this is true...