+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Why can't we be 11-5

Why cant we win out. Who says the almighty Packers have to win. I know we are all pissed about Monday night. It is over. Why cant we run the table. Why cant this team save the season right now! Backs against the wall no chance on Sunday. Prove me right G MEN Dig down deep and play like The New York football Giants

Re: Why can't we be 11-5

Why can't we be 11-5?

Well for starters, we play the Packers this weekend. That's one reason why.

[quote user="Overdrive92"]Why can't we be 11-5?

Well for starters, we play the Packers this weekend. That's one reason why.[/quote]Yep we cant beat anybody undefeated

Because we stink.

[quote user="Yksgntsrule"]Why cant we win out. Who says the almighty Packers have to win. I know we are all pissed about Monday night. It is over. Why cant we run the table. Why cant this team save the season right now! Backs against the wall no chance on Sunday. Prove me right G MEN Dig down deep and play like The New York football Giants[/quote]

i forgot we had only 5 losses. lol for some reason i thought we had 6. oh, i remember now. we play the packers sunday
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

[quote user="Yksgntsrule"][quote user="Overdrive92"]Why can't we be 11-5?

Well for starters, we play the Packers this weekend. That's one reason why.[/quote]Yep we cant beat anybody undefeated[/quote]

Whether we can and whether we will are totally different subjects my friend.

We arent playing the Colts we are playing the best team in NFL with the best QB and best Coaching staff and undefeated reigning super bowl champs. While we are a trash team with no heart coming off a blowout from the saints + Injuries galore = 62-7 Packers win.

More bizarre things have certainly happened before in NFL history. If the 2005 Redskins of six years ago, at 5-6, managed to finish the season on a 5-0 run and make the playoffs, there's no logical reason the 6-5 Giants of today can't pull off a similar run.

Game 1. Beat the Packers, at home. Green Bay is 11-0, sure, but surely that means that they are bound to lose their first game sooner or later, and the Giants, in the Meadowlands, are as realistic a challenger as they'll probably have the rest of their schedule. The Packers will be heavily favored, though, no doubt. Stealing this win will be a major upset. The Giants probably have a 1-in-3 shot of winning this first and most difficult game.

Game 2. Beat the Cowboys, on the road. The Giants are 2-0 at Cowboys Stadium, and this game is very similar to the 2009 stadium inaugural opener now that Romo and Eli will likely both be under center, so again, this is a reasonable shot. No reason why the Giants should be favored, but no reason why they should be an underdog either. A decent chance of winning. It may really be 50/50, a coin tosses' odds.

Then, the schedule finishes with 3 consecutive home games at the Meadowlands.

Game 3. Beat the Redskins at home. Washington is 4-7 right now. The Giants have owned the Skins in recent years just like the Eagles have owned the Giants. This one should be a piece of cake, the easiest remaining game on the schedule for New York.

Game 4. Beat the Jets at home. Yes, this is technically an "away" game, but it's at the Meadowlands and involves no travel, so it's a home game. Again, no reason the Giants should be favored, but no reason they would be an underdog either. Certainly a good chance of winning.

Game 5. Beat the Cowboys at home. If the Giants can beat the Cowboys on the road, no reason they can't do it at home. It will be an extremely evenly matched battle, and bitterly contested, but home field advantage and cold weather may give the Giants a tiny edge. I'd give New York 54% chances of winning.

In summary, each of these five games is reasonably winnable on an individual basis when examined by itself. It's the stringing of these five together as a single, long winning streak that is unlikely. But there is no reason the Giants can't prevail in each one.

[quote user="NYfanatic"]We arent playing the Colts we are playing the best team in NFL with the best QB and best Coaching staff and undefeated reigning super bowl champs. While we are a trash team with no heart coming off a blowout from the saints + Injuries galore = 62-7 Packers win.
    [/quote]

What he said, fire TC and move the team to some obscure city in the pine barrens. No to an obscure city near the Canadian border just north of the big skinny Lake.......maybe then these overpaid, overhyped, over inflated egotists will realize they are dog poo......Watching the Gmen since '56, this team is awful. Lucky to have the W's they have.

[quote user="Cowboys Fan From Asia"]Honestly, 11-5 is not unrealistic for the Giants. More bizarre things have certainly happened before in NFL history.

Game 1. Beat the Packers, at home. Green Bay is 11-0, sure, but surely that means that they are bound to lose their first game sooner or later, and the Giants, in the Meadowlands, are as realistic a challenger as they'll probably have the rest of their schedule. The Packers will be heavily favored, though, no doubt. Stealing this win will be a major upset.

Game 2. Beat the Cowboys, on the road. The Giants are 2-0 at Cowboys Stadium, and this game is very similar to the 2009 stadium inaugural opener now that Romo and Eli will likely both be under center, so again, this is a reasonable shot. No reason why the Giants should be favored, but no reason why they should be an underdog either. A decent chance of winning. It may really be 50/50, a coin tosses' odds.

Then, the schedule finishes with 3 consecutive home games at the Meadowlands.

Game 3. Beat the Redskins at home. Washington is 4-7 right now. The Giants have owned the Skins in recent years just like the Eagles have owned the Giants. This one should be a piece of cake, the easiest remaining game on the schedule for New York.

Game 4. Beat the Jets at home. Yes, this is technically an "away" game, but it's at the Meadowlands and involves no travel, so it's a home game. Again, no reason the Giants should be favored, but no reason they would be an underdog either. Certainly a good chance of winning.

Game 5. Beat the Cowboys at home. If the Giants can beat the Cowboys on the road, no reason they can't do it at home. It will be an extremely evenly matched battle, and bitterly contested, but home field advantage and cold weather may give the Giants a tiny edge. I'd give New York 54% chances of winning.

In summary, each of these five games is reasonably winnable on an individual basis when examined by itself. It's the stringing of these five together as a single, long winning streak that is unlikely. But there is no reason the Giants can't prevail in each one.

[/quote]

no
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~