+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All-Pro

This week will be our week 17 game in 07

I made a comment to a post in the Smack Talk Forum. I will copy and past it in here so everyone will get a chance to see my reply to him....and see if you all think i am crazy!!!!!!!!!!

First here is the link to the YouTube Video he put in the Smack talk forum showing how the Cowboys ended the Saints bid for a Perfect Season

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi2lrGmCcyY

Saints were 13-0 with the Superdome rocking and the cowboys went in there and got it done. As we all know that is no easy place to even play a half way decent game in a loss, let alone go in there and take out an undefeated Saints squad.

I also remember the Broncos being 13-0 and being Stopped from their Undefeated Dreams by the GMEN!!!

Colts at 14-0 Tanked their last 2games to rest their starters and try and prevent injury to key players only to come out in first round FLAT as they had 3wks off including the Bye week for having the Number 1 seed. It was to much to overcome and they never really got it going getting knocked out of the playoffs.

We all know what happened to the 18-0 PATS...LOL...GMEN again taking down a Perfect Team!!!

So what happens here.... Do we take out the 11-0 Packers to end their Dream??? Surprisingly alot of the talking heads are calling for the upset even in light of the news that Osi is out 2-4 wks and Beatty put on IR. I am going to say we lose in a hard fought game like week 17 in 07 vs Pats. The game that made us beleive that we could compete with anyone and gave us the confidence we needed going into the playoffs. The Difference this time is we would have to win out in the last 4 games, where in 07 TC had to decide to play starters or not cause we had already been assured of playing the Bucs in First round. We did lose a few starters in that game but it turned out ok in playoffs lol.

We would be 9-6 to dallas's 10-5 going into that winner take all game in week 17. Beating Dallas would give us the DIV. Then hopefully we win in WC round over whoever then play the Rematch vs a Still Undefeated GB Team at Lambeau Field (inDiv Round)and not only end the unbeaten streak but knock them out of the playoffs. The following week we go back down to Burbon Street and take out our REVENGE on the Saints in the Superdome in the NFC Championship Game. LOL. Then we go to the SB vs NE and beat Brady and BB again. to win our 4th SB Title and shut up all the media once and for all. We will prove that a team with that many guys on IR can still get it done....

NOW, am i on a MAJOR HOMER CRACK BINGE or is there a chance that this could happen.

You be the judge

Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

All-Pro

Re: This week will be our week 17 game in 07

Guess either everyone think i am CRAZY...

Or

Everyone has already given up on this season and figure with all the injury and the team being down after 3 bad Losses in a row and good chance for a 4th this week. You guys think its over? post here

ANYONE think we can pull it off if we come through with a Huge Effort in a close loss this week?

4-New York Giants!!!!!

All-Pro

WOW! Cant get over I have to bump this Thread. I thought i would at least get a bunch of posts telling me to put down the Crack Pipe... lol

4-New York Giants!!!!!

[quote user="miked1958"]WOW! Cant get over I have to bump this Thread. I thought i would at least get a bunch of posts telling me to put down the Crack Pipe... lol[/quote]

At this point in the season I don't think anyone would talk another fellow poster out of smoking crack...Let alone ask you to put the pipe down...

That would just be rude.

All-Pro

Hey at least i got something to look forward to in next few weeks. When we lose badly to both the Packers and the Cowboys and we are pretty much for all intents and purposes eliminated from any playoff chances (we still may have a slight chance of WC spot if the other 3teams lose out...lol) then I will hang my head and look forward to a new coaching staff and next season. UNTIL THEN. I can have my HOPES....lol

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Us fans are pretty disgusted with the team right now so alot of us don't want to hear about any magical thing thats gonna result in a win for us.

I will say this. If we feel desperate enough we should win. That's how it works in the NFL a desperate team against a not desperate team usually wins even if the not desperate team is markedly better.

We've seen this with the Giants many times. I believe Philly beat us because they wanted the game more.

A couple years ago we lost to a desperate Brown squad in prime time.

If the Giants feel desperate for a win. If the Giants look at it as a true must win (That term gets thrown around way too often) then we'll win. The Packers dont really care about going 16-0. The Patriots have made that very passe since if you go 16-0 and fail to win the superbowl you're very successful year is seen as an embarassing failure and no one even cares how long you were undefeated for.

Its about want to.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

All-Pro

I agree. So we will find out in next 2weeks what type of team the 2011 NYGs are.... Stay tuned.

4-New York Giants!!!!!

[quote user="miked1958"]

I made a comment to a post in the Smack Talk Forum. I will copy and past it in here so everyone will get a chance to see my reply to him....and see if you all think i am crazy!!!!!!!!!!

First here is the link to the YouTube Video he put in the Smack talk forum showing how the Cowboys ended the Saints bid for a Perfect Season

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi2lrGmCcyY

Saints were 13-0 with the Superdome rocking and the cowboys went in there and got it done. As we all know that is no easy place to even play a half way decent game in a loss, let alone go in there and take out an undefeated Saints squad.

I also remember the Broncos being 13-0 and being Stopped from their Undefeated Dreams by the GMEN!!!

Colts at 14-0 Tanked their last 2games to rest their starters and try and prevent injury to key players only to come out in first round FLAT as they had 3wks off including the Bye week for having the Number 1 seed. It was to much to overcome and they never really got it going getting knocked out of the playoffs.

We all know what happened to the 18-0 PATS...LOL...GMEN again taking down a Perfect Team!!!

So what happens here.... Do we take out the 11-0 Packers to end their Dream??? Surprisingly alot of the talking heads are calling for the upset even in light of the news that Osi is out 2-4 wks and Beatty put on IR. I am going to say we lose in a hard fought game like week 17 in 07 vs Pats. The game that made us beleive that we could compete with anyone and gave us the confidence we needed going into the playoffs. The Difference this time is we would have to win out in the last 4 games, where in 07 TC had to decide to play starters or not cause we had already been assured of playing the Bucs in First round. We did lose a few starters in that game but it turned out ok in playoffs lol.

We would be 9-6 to dallas's 10-5 going into that winner take all game in week 17. Beating Dallas would give us the DIV. Then hopefully we win in WC round over whoever then play the Rematch vs a Still Undefeated GB Team at Lambeau Field (in*Div Round)*and not only end the unbeaten streak but knock them out of the playoffs. The following week we go back down to Burbon Street and take out our REVENGE on the Saints in the Superdome in the NFC Championship Game. LOL. Then we go to the SB vs NE and beat Brady and BB again. to win our 4th SB Title and shut up all the media once and for all. We will prove that a team with that many guys on IR can still get it done....

NOW, am i on a MAJOR HOMER CRACK BINGE or is there a chance that this could happen.

You be the judge

[/quote] i would love this to happen. Its gotta start sunday against the pack tho...we need to win...if we dont were done. Theres no way we win the last four after losing four staright with zero confidence.

Go Giants....i live in hope...as always

Veteran

Some times we (us fans)live in '07 a little too much. I think the perspective of the '07 team is a little better than the '07 team actually was.

All-Pro

[quote user="britishblue2"][quote user="miked1958"]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?
    v=Pi2lrGmCcyY

Colts at 14-0 Tanked their last 2games to rest their starters
    and try and prevent injury to key players only to come out in first round FLAT as they had 3wks off including the Bye week for having the Number 1 seed. It was to much to overcome and they never really got it going getting knocked out of the playoffs.

So what happens here.... Do we take out the 11-0 Packers to end their Dream??? Surprisingly alot of the talking heads are calling for the upset even in light of the news that Osi is out 2-4
    wks and Beatty put on IR. I am going to say we lose in a hard fought game like week 17 in 07 vs Pats. The game that made us beleive that we could compete with anyone and gave us the confidence we needed going into the playoffs. The Difference this time is we would have to win out in the last 4 games, where in 07 TC had to decide to play starters or not cause we had already been assured of playing the Bucs in First round. We did lose a few starters in that game but it turned out ok in playoffs lol.

We would be 9-6 to dallas's 10-5 going into that winner take
    all game in week 17. Beating Dallas would give us the DIV. Then hopefully we win in WC round over whoever then play the Rematch vs a Still Undefeated GB Team at Lambeau Field (in*Div Round)*and not only end the unbeaten streak but knock them out of the playoffs. The following week we go back down to Burbon Street and take out our REVENGE on the Saints in the Superdome in the NFC Championship Game. LOL. Then we go to the SB vs NE and beat Brady and BB again. to win our 4th SB
    Title and shut up all the media once and for all. We will prove that a team with that many guys on IR can still get it done....

You be the judge

[/quote] i would love this to happen. Its gotta start sunday against the pack tho...we need to win...if we dont were done. Theres no way we win the last four after losing
    four staright with zero confidence.

Go Giants....i live in hope...as always [/quote]

Well my point was that maybe just maybe if we did lose to GB it could be somewhat like that week 17 loss to Pats that helped us to believe that we could stand toe to toe with anyone

4-New York Giants!!!!!