+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All-Pro

Re: Giants NFC Champs. That means 2 more weeks to have more Conspiracy theories invented.

[quote user="miked1958"][quote user="flamethrower"][quote user="Giants10Joe"]Don't mean to be rude, but I've seen a lot of your posts on the message boards and I've been wondering why a Texans fan is such a frequent visitor? I can understand Cowboys, Eagles, and Jets fans wanting to come trash talk but the Texans and Giants don't really have anything in common.
    [/quote]
    I come by to see what is posted. When I see something dumb I reply. Why, worry about what my reasons are? Or, are you gonna be like the great majority of Giants fans here are? You gonna invent a "Conspiracy theory" to explain why I post here. There ain't one.
    [/quote]
    No matter where you are from u been posting here since 09 on and off. That's okay in my book.
    Matt Shaub doesn't get hurt and it's prob your texans we are playing instead of Pats. Houston could have been the most complete team offense,defense, STs besides SF without their injuries[/quote]
    Also weather you agree or disagree about the bad, or non-calls is no matter. You have a right to your opinion. Last time I checked we still fight for our freedoms here in the USA.
    Not sure what was said In the other thread u are referring to. I posted in it, but did not read the whole thing. To many pages of lengthy posts
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

All-Pro

Re: Giants NFC Champs. That means 2 more weeks to have more Conspiracy theories invented.

[quote user="miked1958"][quote user="miked1958"][quote user="flamethrower"][quote user="Giants10Joe"]Don't mean to be rude, but I've seen a lot of your posts on the message boards and I've been wondering why a Texans fan is such a frequent visitor? I can understand Cowboys, Eagles, and Jets fans wanting to come trash talk but the Texans and Giants don't really have anything in common.
    [/quote]
    I come by to see what is posted. When I see something dumb I reply. Why, worry about what my reasons are? Or, are you gonna be like the great majority of Giants fans here are? You gonna invent a "Conspiracy theory" to explain why I post here. There ain't one.
    [/quote]
    No matter where you are from u been posting here since 09 on and off. That's okay in my book.
    Matt Shaub doesn't get hurt and it's prob your texans we are playing instead of Pats. Houston could have been the most complete team offense,defense, STs besides SF without their injuries[/quote]
    Also weather you agree or disagree about the bad, or non-calls is no matter. You have a right to your opinion. Last time I checked we still fight for our freedoms here in the USA.
    Not sure what was said In the other thread u are referring to. I posted in it, but did not read the whole thing. To many pages of lengthy posts[/quote]
    With that said even the biggest giants haters even agreed that this season there has been some horrible calls. I know every teams fans complain of this and to a certain degree a lot of it is homerism and your love for your team getting in way of sound judgement.

Example... Davis TD along sidelines. We all screamed he stepped out. Upset with the td being upheld. But really there was not enough to say for sure from camera angles if that heel came down or if the underpart of foot u couldn't see was on the white.
    So was correct call as much as it hurt.

4-New York Giants!!!!!

All-Pro

[quote user="miked1958"][quote user="miked1958"][quote user="miked1958"][quote user="flamethrower"][quote user="Giants10Joe"]Don't mean to be rude, but I've seen a lot of your posts on the message boards and I've been wondering why a Texans fan is such a frequent visitor? I can understand Cowboys, Eagles, and Jets fans wanting to come trash talk but the Texans and Giants don't really have anything in common.
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    Not sure what was said In the other thread u are referring to. I posted in it, but did not read the whole thing. To many pages of lengthy posts[/quote]
    With that said even the biggest giants haters even agreed that this season there has been some horrible calls. I know every teams fans complain of this and to a certain degree a lot of it is homerism and your love for your team getting in way of sound judgement.

Example... Davis TD along sidelines. We all screamed he stepped out. Upset with the td being upheld. But really there was not enough to say for sure from camera angles if that heel came down or if the underpart of foot u couldn't see was on the white.
    So was correct call as much as it hurt.[/quote]
    However. There have been some stinkers this year. And if u been on these boards u know what they are. And not just the giants. Refs have been highly inconsistent all season. I have seen some terrible calls costing teams games all year long. Why use a replay system if these guys refuse to admit their wrong a lot of the time.
    May need to hire FT permanent refs

4-New York Giants!!!!!

[quote user="flamethrower"][quote user="Gav_devils#56"][quote user="flamethrower"]<font size="6"><font size="3">Only Football team close to NFL status that Called the Meadowlands home was Donald Trumps "New Jersey Generals". </font></font>
    [/quote]

There was also the New York/New Jersey Knights, good old World Bowl. my first experience of competative, live, american football. saw the America Bowls but they were preseason games so don't really count
    [/quote]
    I forgot about them. But, they were just a development team. But, yep. they did claim the New Jersey state as home. Good point.
    [/quote]

Also the XFL NY/NJ Hitmen

8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="miked1958"][quote user="miked1958"][quote user="flamethrower"][quote user="Giants10Joe"]Don't mean to be rude, but I've seen a lot of your posts on the message boards and I've been wondering why a Texans fan is such a frequent visitor? I can understand Cowboys, Eagles, and Jets fans wanting to come trash talk but the Texans and Giants don't really have anything in common.
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    You are telling a 17 year veteran of the US Army about fighting for freedom. Seeing as how I did a combat tour in Iraq back in 2004, and basically messed up my neck in the process. I understand your point. But, My reason for this thread was. 1 poster here started a thread. Stating that the NFL Wanted a Green Bay vs New Orleans NFC Championship game. And, I do agree. With Schaubb, and a healthy Johnson. Houston wins that Divisional round game in Baltimore, and probably beats the Patriots. Notice how I say "Probably". I refuse to cry about the way the injury bug bit Houston this season. If it goes the other way next season. Houston should be the best team in the AFC.
    NFL Football is so much better than NCAA.

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"][quote user="flamethrower"][quote user="Gav_devils#56"][quote user="flamethrower"]<font size="6"><font size="3">Only Football team close to NFL status that Called the Meadowlands home was Donald Trumps "New Jersey Generals". </font></font>
    [/quote]

There was also the New York/New Jersey Knights, good old World Bowl. my first experience of competative, live, american football. saw the America Bowls but they were preseason games so don't really count
    [/quote]
    I forgot about them. But, they were just a development team. But, yep. they did claim the New Jersey state as home. Good point.
    [/quote]

Also the XFL NY/NJ Hitmen
    I don't consider the WWEFL aka the XFL. a real football league. But, they did have the Hitmen. Bret Hart was mad at McMahon for using his nickname as the New York/Jersey teams name. 1st couple of weeks were good. But, They kept getting cuter, and cuter with the off the field crap, and trying to force cameras into places that they don't need to be in. I don't want to know what goes on in the Cheerleaders locker room before, and after the game. And, yes I did watch the whole season. Had NBC, and McMahon been willing to let it evolve. It could have grown into a real good game.

[/quote]
    NFL Football is so much better than NCAA.